Sign in to follow this  
Castro

US Air Force Bombs Southern Somalia Using AC-130 Gunships

Som@li   

Many dead" after U.S. strike in Somalia

(Reuters) - A U.S. air attack on a Somali village occupied by Islamists believed to be sheltering an al Qaeda suspect has left "many dead bodies", a Somali government source said on Tuesday.

In the first known direct U.S. intervention in the Somali conflict, an AC-130 attack plane rained gunfire down on the southern village of Hayo late on Monday, the source told Reuters. "The Americans are saying an al Qaeda heading operations in east Africa is among the Islamists there."

I was visiting Amin Amir's website this morning and what attracted me was this two somali guys ,,,, Ethiopia occupied the land of somalia, one somali was sad about it and other one was very happy ,,,,,

N.O.R.F   

Funny thing is khalafow we are in agreement but being sad for the death of others is not exclusive of accepting the will of Allah (czwj) so one should not imply so.

NGONGE   

For the first time in this recent conflict I’m actually seriously angry and annoyed.

la xawla wala qowata illa bi allah.

N.O.R.F   

^^Ngonge Al Burcaawi, read this

"Absolutely a lot of people were killed. So many dead people were lying in the area, but we do not know who is who, but the raid was a success," Dinari said.

here

NGONGE   

^^^ Yes. That's why I'm annoyed.

When the TFG sought Ethiopian help it really was not as much of a big deal as people made it out to be. We could have had a million explanations and conspiracy theories about it all but, in the end; we could only go by what we see. In that case, the Courts were itching for a fight and provoking an Ethiopian retaliation. The TFG, though vulgar and distasteful, could just about argue that they had no other choices.

This open American involvement and the approval it’s receiving from the TFG and Djibouti is a different ball game altogether. This is sick. This is sad. This is grrrrrrrrrr..

How many saw this coming? I especially like the interchange of words like 'Islamists', 'ICU' and 'Al-Q' in the articles.

I've got a feeling it's going to turn even uglier, if that's possible.

N.O.R.F   

^^Welcoome aboard the circus that is Somali bolitiks

More quotes:

"The US were trying to kill the al-Qaida terrorists who carried out the bomb attacks on their embassies in Kenya and Tanzania," Somalia's deputy prime minister, Hussein Aideed, said. "They have our full support for the attacks."

- Aydeed

"We don't know how many people were killed in the attack but we understand there were a lot of casualties," he said. "Most were Islamic fighters."

- Dinari

"My four-year-old boy was killed in the strike,"

"The plane was firing at other areas in Ras Kamboni. We could see smoke from the area. We also heard 14 massive explosions."

here

Ms DD   

Salaam

I am quite saddened and really angry at this. The Americans wonder why they are hated round the world. TFG has a funny way of endearing themselves to the Somalis in Muqdishu. The fact they are cheering for Ethiopia and US to bomb/kill Somalis will be thier downfall. We are not very far off now.

May Allah forgive the sins of the dead somalis.

Originally posted by Cambarro:

May Allah forgive the sins of the dead somalis.

Ameen.

I can't watch the news any more. There is too much unsubstantiated bull passed of as statements of fact. How can things become any more unjust?

Castro   

Abdillahi Yuusuf tells the BBC:

"The US has a right to bombard terrorist suspects who attacked its embassies in Kenya and Tanzania".

"So many dead people were lying in the area. We do not know who is who, but the raid was a success," interim government spokesman Abdirahman Dinari told AFP news agency about Monday's raids.

And these are the maggots we should support to lead us?

Over my dead body.