Sign in to follow this  
Muruqmaal

Abdullahi Yusuf is the winner

Fabregas   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^^ True. But if he manages to pacify Somalia (by force) and rule it, then, as was the case with a million bad men before him, history will be written by the victor (i.e Mr Yusuf).

You mean like Siyad Bare?

Ibtisam   

^^^What has got to laugh about :rolleyes: He should dig his own grave and Duke kindly kick him to the grave and pour some blood on him. Great man kuulaah, Ish, disgusting, murdering, nacaas naaso deer waaxiid. Y'll should be all ashamed of yourself.

His family should disown him and kill him or Maybe his master will turn against him and hang him dry like they did to Saddam, with his underpants on the washing line!

or maybe a lightening will strike him and his supporters, or the earth will Swallow him, or he can take a flight and Al Qaeda can crash his *a*s*s.

Or I hope he lives until he is 150yrs old, disabled and living with his night mares, may everyone he murder hound him to death!.

Since duke said “great men” evoke emotion, I though I’d get it off my chest.

Ngong:

The winner does normally write history, but I don’t think he can write and the truth has its own legs. Look at Iraq and Afghanistan.

Ms DD   

SO lets say he pacifies Muqdishu...would people want the war to continue in order to kick the Ethiopians out?

I wonder what would people of Muqdishu would like?

1- peace under dictator/occupiers

2-anarchy/chaos/killings/looting

As an average Caasho cadeey living in Suuqaha Bokaaraha, I would choose peace under any circumstances. It is very easy for us (with all our security and jobs) to condemn. Put yourself in their position.

Ibtisam   

What is peace for one individual who has no one left to share that peace with? Has the cost not been too dear to pay for that said peace? What "Peace" you will enjoy when you are living under the same people who crushed your world and wiped out your family. Indeed Put yourself in their position. It is easy for someone who did not lose anyone or anything in the process of achieving peace to take that peace regardless of the circumstances it was achieved in, But for those who lost everything or their loved ones (the majority of Somali’s)

Ms DD   

I have 2 uncles there. These uncles are citizens of Sweden (who made the choice of moving to their homeland 6 years ago for their kids' sake) and they have lost families in every single war that occured there. Having spoken to them, I completely have changed my stance. All they want is to live in peace where their kids could attend schools without being killed by stray bullet or a bomb. We are not in Iraq or Afghanistan. This temporary govt is just that, temprory. Lets put measures in place to choose our own leaders after 2 years. At least this way, we can give the TFg enough rope to hang themselves if they dont make progress. A leapord can never change his spots. Therefore a warlord will always be a warlord and will slip.

Edit: What concerns me is if the occupiers tighten their grip on our lands even further and have corrupt govt in years to come. This is even worse than the anarchy of the past 16yrs.

Ibtisam   

Do you think that after they fought for so long and so much, and solicited help from outside to gain power and control, After all that do you REALLY think they will roll over after two years. It will be a dictatorship, and that is the reality, and they will continuing oppressing people like the criminals they are. More control, more power to them and their friends.

You must have noticed sis the Somali Political scene is made up of Warlords/ criminals.

I guess your uncles are more forgiven than others and they are able to think outside the box, and think that no one should have to go through losing their kids like they did, because regardless they will never get their family back. To be honest I have only come across one person who thinks like that, but many people I have come across will rather die then be ruled by those who are killing them.

Peacenow   

Ms Dhucdhuc & Dheylo, it is very easy and convienent to fall into a lazy misconstruct when you are faced with bitting odds.

No less than many liberation struggles have fought in name and and have passed this point. Xanthus, is right again to call this for what it is. Can you imagine, looking at a 30 year rule by them, approved and ordered in addis?

Time is on oue side, Bush is less than 18 months from being gone, then there will probably be a democractic led white house.

Sanity will prevail, we already have a government in exile in Asmara.

NGONGE   

Xanthus,

You're starting to get emotional on me. This is a hypothetical situation. Mr Yusuf has not won everything yet. He still has to run the country and ensure that all civil institutions are in place and working perfectly. He still has to have a valid, functioning and competent parliament in place (those guys have not done zilch since they’ve got those jobs). He still has to deal with a million and one administrative issues and he still has to work on the political side of things. It’s a huge task that I personally doubt he and his henchmen can achieve, not because I question the ability of the man. Because love him or hate him, he really stands heads and shoulders above any other rivals but it’s because I don’t think any of the people working with him are good enough for the jobs they have. Duke can sing the praises of the TFG but even Duke would tell you that most of those that are working with Mr Yusuf are incompetent oafs.

My outlook on this is purely political with the least amount of emotion thrown in. If Mr Yusuf prevails then the history books will acclaim him as a great Somali leader. Granted that it’s a big IF but the bit about history is really as straightforward as that. Neither Iraq nor Afghanistan compare to the Somali situation.

Ibtisam   

Ngonge,

Me, emotional? surely not! Hypothetical situation or not, even the thought is distressing enough. I doubt he can achieve any of the things you have listed, there is only so far a racist ideology can take you after all, even if you have the biggest & baddest clan south side. One cannot prevail after setting themselves so many traps and failures, especially as Somali people have elephant memories and hard heads. If I live long enough I doubt I would see anyone recording him for anything other than an *I*D*O*I*T, power hungry murdering ……etc

When have you EVER seen in history, a time when the traitors have prevailed and were welcome backed into the original community?. You are a smart man, dig me an example if you can find it, because I sure cannot. A traitor cannot dominate and successfully rule the same community he sold out!

NGONGE   

You hamstrung me with the use of the word 'traitor'. Like I said, all victors wrote their own history and it’s quite hard to find one that you would call a ‘traitor’ now. Check out the history of Egypt, Saudi Arabia and even Iraq.

Ibtisam   

^^I was talking about forward looking "free" countries, not places were oppression is still the name of the game. Egypt I'm not familiar with but Saudi I am, and take a look at it now. Only reason it is still standing is because few wealthy institutions, economy etc, but as a society they are falling apart, at an alarming rate.

hamstrung you with "traitor" did, well what do you call soemthing that uses the old enemy to beat his brothers head?