Sign in to follow this  
Lake

Siad Barre Vs Abdullahi Yusuf

No i'm not ,,,,,,,, Barre enjoyed a full power over all what used to be SOMALIA ,,,, but A/Y is still struggling to control mogadishu and its sorroundings ,,,,,,,

Ojelle   

Atleast Siyad Barre did some good for the country and was patriotic unlike Yeey who is neither patriotic nor did any good for the country.

Aabihii Kacaanka left a legacy which is difficult to mimic....

So for me I have voted for Barre although I didn't agree with a lot of things he has done..

Tone, I am n't sure what your intention with this topic is, however, the two guys here are not two comparable in every way you look at. Siyad Bare (RIP) has left a true legacy and somalis have yet to witness anyone of his calibre.

Comparing Siyaad and Yeey is like comparing Abdiqasim and Abdirashiid Cali Sharmaarke.

Different times, different mandates, different circumstances, different countrymen to rule.

Siyaad Barre was the absolute ruler when Somalis were masaakiin (naïve), patriotic, honest, and easy to rule. He has used different techniques to stay in power over the years, but his tenure is forever marred by years of genocides, wars, tribalism and corruption which all in the end left a permanent sore on the nation’s psyche. Siyaad is the father of all the ills today.

The other (Yeey) is a power hungry tyrant and a murderer trying to replicate Siyaad’s approach at a time when Somalis’ mindset has already transformed. Somalis are more informed, fearless, more alert, suspicious, and more ready to fight to the death … unlike in the past when they were selflessly singing “Aabe Siyaad”. The Somalis today are an entirely different breed, and governing them needs a whole lot of ingredients. Yeey and his cohorts are in for a good ride.

isma dhaamaan miidna shacbigeesii buu xasuuqay remmeber hargeysa en burco miidna shacabkeesii buu tigray iyo wax lugu gagaab mogadisho keenay

melez zanawi mengistu haille maryaam baa hambaleyee wuxu ku yidhi waxaad ku dhacday waxaanu anigu iyo xaiiley sallesi ku dhici ka rre weyni wich is mogadisho baad xoog ku gashay

^I agree in essence, but tell me what that good ride will entail?

Aren't you for peace and governance? You seem to still be stucked in the past, can't you see that the situation now is beyond our people and that it has indeed surpassed Somalis?

The world is in agreement that Mogadishu was ungovernable and that something drastic had to be done to change the situation on the ground as the city was attracting many criminals and wanted International so-called 'terrorists', on the other hand there's a economic side to all of these and clearly all the above ingredients have lead to the world acknowledging that there cannot be a soft option to pacify Somalia and leave the nomads to sort it out between themselves.

Adeer for sixteen years the people of Mogadishu refused to be governed they were unruly bunch of folks and initially the world believed that the problems in Somalia could only be solved by someone from the ******** Clan, as they were the key and powerholders to Mogadishu capital of Somalia.

The international community said that it will support any government in Somalia that set it self up in the capital Mogadishu that's why the majority of the elected 'Presidents' from the 14 peace conferences were all from Mogadishu because they were believed to be the only ones that could bring a unified government as they had the key, which was the capital.

However soon the international community realised that there's nothig coming from the people of Mogadishu and that they seem disintresssed in returning a viable government to the capital as can be seen their refusal to even set up the most basic of administration in Benadir.

They were happy with the share they got all were happy, the warlords, the businessmen that feared to be taxed and inspected, the private owners of the air strips, the qat sellers, the thugs and criminals, the wadaado, the occupiers, the cannabis growers on farmland that didn't belong to them, the illegal occupiers of houses that didn't belong to them, the village people and the common criminal and illegal pharmaceutical importer were all happy with the status quo and nobody can deny it.

The international community said that this couldn't go on as the problems world wide increased and nobody was fond of more Somalis ending up in many countries around the globe without any real hope of deporting them if they misbehaved or committed acts of crime.

Now the internatioanl community is going to support all affords to pacify Mogadishu whatever it takes and no one can raise a eyebrow. The people of Mogadishu had have enough opportunities to pacify the capital and they wasted them all because they are allergic to governance (not the common folks on the streets) but the people that had a stake and advantage in the absence of any political governance i.e. the folks that were thriving on anarchy and chaos.

That is the real situation in Somalia and inshallah our country will be pacified and governance will be returned fully although the anti-government lot hate it and do not want to see a return of governance and order but that is the sad reality.

[ February 25, 2007, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Just like Iraq is living Saddam's legacy today, Somalia is living S. Barre's legacy. These two men single handedly destroyed their respective nations. Their corrupt ways left NOTHING untouched, not one social institution was spared. When they left their respective countries had nothing to fall back on as everything was destroyed or corrupted beyond redemption. As such neither deserve nothing but utter loathing. Too bad S. Barre wasn't captured to face the firing squad like Saddam.

Ina Yey on the other hand is small time crook that never amounted to anything in his entire life. The comparison to S. Barre is misplaced.

EboniQue   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

The other (Yeey) is a power hungry tyrant and a murderer trying to replicate Siyaad’s approach at a time when Somalis’ mindset has already transformed. Somalis are more informed, fearless, more alert, suspicious, and more ready to fight to the death … unlike in the past when they were selflessly singing “Aabe Siyaad”. The Somalis today are an entirely different breed, and governing them needs a whole lot of ingredients. Yeey and his cohorts are in for a good ride.

Libaax, Isha ayaad ka tuurtay. If only TFG supporters can comprehend this paragraph beentay naga dayn lahaayeen.

:D

Xudeedi   

I am indeed suprised that you will compare a Provisional President and the last legitimate president that Somalia had.

Abdilaahi and ABdiqasim were transitional presidents, not real presidents of Somalia.

Siyaad Bare was the last legitimate president Somalia ever had. All other transitional presidents can not be considered as presidents of Somalia

-----------------

A provisional government is an emergency or interim government set up when a political void has been created by the collapse of a previous administration or regime. A provisional government holds power until elections can be held or a permanent government can otherwise be established. Provisional governments often occur as the result of a revolution or in wartime when an occupied nation or territory has been liberated or, conversely, when a government has been deposed by an invading army. Examples of provisional governments include, in chronological order:

An Example:

Provisional Government of India was established on 1 December 1915 in Kabul with Raja Mahendra Pratap as its President. It was a government-in-exile of Free Hindustan with Raja Mahendra Pratap as President, Maulana Barkatullah, Prime Minister, Maulavi Abaidullah Sindhi, Home Minister. Anti-British forces supported his movement. But, for some obvious loyalty to the British, the Amir kept on delaying the expedition. Then they attempted to establish relations with foreign powers.” (Ker, p305). In Kabul, the Siraj-ul-Akhbar in its issue of 4 May 1916 published Raja Mahendra Pratap’s version of the Mission and its objective. He mentioned : “…His Imperial Majesty the Kaiser himself granted me an audience. Subsequently, having set right the problem of India and Asia with the Imperial German Government, and having received the necessary credentials, I started towards the East. I had interviews with the Khedive of Egypt and with the Princes and Ministers of Turkey, as well as with the renowned Enver Pasha and His Imperial Majesty the Holy Khalif, Sultan-ul-Muazzim. I settled the problem of India and the East with the Imperial Ottoman Government, and received the necessary credentials from them as well. German and Turkish officers and Maulvi Barakatullah Sahib were went with me to help me; they are still with me.”

Under pressure from the British, the Afghan Government withdrew its help. The Mission was closed down.

Source: Reference.com