Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Islamists behead three soldiers in Somalia

MOGADISHU, March 13 (Reuters) - Islamist insurgents cut off the heads of three Somali soldiers south of the capital on Thursday and the U.N. special envoy said he would try to set up peace talks between the opposition and government.

It was the first case of beheadings since the government and its Ethiopian military allies ousted the Islamists from power in late 2006, sparking a bloody insurgency characterised by roadside bombs and hit-and-run attacks.

"This morning the mujahideen attacked the so-called government troops guarding the roads for the Ethiopian forces. We killed three of them," said Muktar Ali Robow, a senior commander of the Islamists' Shabab youth wing.

"We did what we promised to them. People travelling in that road can be asked how we killed them," he told Reuters by telephone from an undisclosed location.

Witnesses in the area said they saw three headless corpses near Lego town, 130 km (81 miles) south of Mogadishu.

"We were terrified because we have never seen a human slaughtered like an animal," truck driver Hassan Mohamed Amin told Reuters.

At least 7,000 people have died, and hundreds of thousands been displaced in the 15-month insurgency, creating what aid workers call one of the world's worst yet most ignored humanitarian crises.

"We were terrified because we have never seen a human slaughtered like an animal," truck driver Hassan Mohamed Amin told Reuters.

And they call them the good Wadaads?

JB, Iraq's security is improving greatly compared to last year. Trust me, they will never succeed.

All of these heineous acts are shock waves designed to intidimate their foes or win sympathy from their followersand uninformed public.

Well, i don't agree with you Iraq's security improved unless it is referred the US reports. Same in Muqdisho it is even worse.

I think behading ppl at this time specially Somalis is not going to be welcomed in our society and will create problems towards those insurgents.

This is what brutal military occupation engenders. Because occupation is by its very nature extremely ugly, the response to it is equally ugly. The longer the military occupation goes on the uglier it will get.

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

Now what does that suppose to mean ??

Occupation is extremely ugly. Only an id.iot would think the response to something ugly to be something pretty.

Faynuus   

barberic. They should not have terrified poor hungry somalis like that. However, i really understand ciilka haya ragga.

when you are made homeless and a hostage in your owm homeland, you will resort to anything to seek revenge and ridd yourself off Etoobiya iyo saqajaamiinta xaarka ika gura.

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

I think you are ........

Two days ago, I was witness to a near fatal traffic accident where a driver drove through red lights at high speeds. The victim asked me to stay behind as a witness (I'm not sure but I think I'm legally bound in Ontario). When the police came I and another dude told the police what we saw. Was I justifying the driver at fault?