Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Inside Story Somaliland Vs Somalia Aljazeera video

Dawasho wacan

Debate Dr Maxammad cabdilahi Secretary of foreign affairs for the opposition kulmiye party

Professor abdi Ismacil samatar From Minneapolis

And afyare cilmi From qatar

^Following from the discussion on there, why is it that Hargeisa folks can take advantage of their success and try and kick start the same thing for the rest of the country and spearhead the beginning of a new Somalia rather than chasing what looks like far fetched dream, i.e., the recognition.

Just imagine Somaliland and Puntland joining forces to bring back the dignity and the nation of Somalia. It is possible, you know.

Here is where you are wrong the republic of Somaliland can play a role maybe a big role in a reconciliation conference for the koonfurians but it takes time and the necessarily international backing to host such conference. Somalia needs a solution that will last , And who knows their Neighboring country Somaliland can make a difference where Djibouti failed and where Kenya failed, Somaliland shall indeed be successful, The koonfurians can learn allot from Somaliland the traditional way of solving internal clan problems and also the religious affairs.

Hales   

Exactly its not a democratic process, because it does not allow room for debate for unity, the professor pointed out that he would not be allowed to speak of anything of the sort democratically if he ever left for Hargeisa.

During its spree of conquest after the Barre regime collapsed the SNM in turn forcefully conquered Awdal and subjugated the civillian population under their control.

As for the Waqooyi regions in 1991 by the time of the referendum of which you could call rather disorganized and hasty it was under a climate of great fear and the population was terrorized to vote in the way they wanted.

So there was no freedom there.

Lastly even if the people of waqooyi galbeed do want to seccede Somaliland should not be allowed to annex or hold on to regions whose populace overwhelmingly are against secceding from Somalia.

Im talking about regions which were part of the former British Somaliland such as the SSC and cities such as Garowe perhaps if their is a Somali Republic it should continue Puntlands foreign policy which is to delegitimize Somaliland idea of seccession, it should exploit these clear gaps and do its utmost to stop allowing the Hargeisan Administration to taking and holding to these regions until seccession.

There are 1.1 Million eligible voters, meaning these numbers are of age to vote.

So i would estimate include the rest of the population, the total population running at 2.7Million (including adults who wont vote) rather than the 3.5 Million which are the figures.

Thankful   

Prof Abdi I. Samatar, stole the show! He is a man that comes from the region, differs in the course that the government is pushing the people and for that he is banned from coming back.

The fact that he comes from there, makes him so credible!

The professor, Cabdi Ismaaciil Samatar, quietly and intelligently put that bubbling man in Hargeysa in his place.

What did that dude in Hargeysa think it was? A BBC show la iska qeyl qeylinaayo without facts? Wuxuu dhaho uu weysanaa sometimes, just iska hadlaaye for the sake of hadal.

SeefTa   

Originally posted by Oodweyne:

Hello Folks

One could always rely on, like day follows night for
Prof Abdi I. Samatar
to create all manner of shameless lies about Somaliland; particularly, when he seemed to have alleged that we in Somaliland are not that keen on entertaining different point of view to that of ours, indeed.

Since, he basically knows that his point of
"political unionism"
is that of a minority in Somaliland. Hence, if he has any sense of honour he would of known that he lost that political game in a fair and square manner.

Secondly, he was quite deliberately misleading to his Al-Jasiira's viewers, particularly when he decided to fabricate a
"bold-face"
lie about how the
"Act of Union"
was legal. Since, again, he could easily know that the referendum of
have decisively confirmed that the majority of what was then known as the Somaliland protectorate under Britain, at least in it's colonial days, have rejected it. Even, if subsequently and retrospectively, the then Somali parliament have made it legal in a
"post-facto"
sort of sense. indeed.

And, lastly, he is still telling the world that mendacious nonsense about how Ethiopia has Army bases in Somaliland, like the manner they used to do in certain part of Somalia few years ago.

All in all; to be professor is one thing that one could admire him to be, at least, in the sense of one's attaining it, in the first place.

But to sully that hard-earned distinction of his, in which one is sporting it in here, with so cheap of a
"political hack-writing"
of his kind; which to boot, would even disgraced those who could be the miserable heirs of
Dr. Joseph Goebbels's
school of shameless propaganda is really matters that beggars belief in here, indeed.

Regards,

Oodweyne.

war ninyahow oodweyne

you are full of Sh!t, soo ma ogid?

Originally posted by Dhagax-Tuur:

^Following from the discussion on there, why is it that Hargeisa folks can take advantage of their success and try and kick start the same thing for the rest of the country and spearhead the beginning of a new Somalia rather than chasing what looks like far fetched dream, i.e., the recognition.

Just imagine Somaliland and Puntland joining forces to bring back the dignity and the nation of Somalia. It is possible, you know.

Imagine Somali's looking further then their front yeard. And seeing their neigbours, not as enemy but as friend with whom you share the same interest.

If that is possible? That would depend on young generations. But seeing you guys debate here, doesnt give me much hope.

Cowke   

I just finished watching that and it was quite lame debate and alot of facts left out.

First of all if somaliland achieved peace it needs to be assessed how they achieved it. They achieved it because its 80% snm enclave of the same clan.

Big woops. Somaliland is not diverse state therefore less troubles and the power is solely in one clans hand rather then being evenly distrubuted as is the case in the south.

The south obviously will have more problems as it is the capital of the country and will gain more foreign attention which the talkers did state however they didn't emphasise that the south is way more diverse and power is not in 1 clan hands in the south but is evenly distributed "qabil oo qabil kale ka xog badan the south ma jirto therefore more competition for resources and political power"

If the south was 80% one clan I am certain they would not be having the issues they have today however it's not.

They forgot to mention that Somaliland is not democracy because the representatives inside somaliland parliament don't even have permission from their constieuncy to represent them such as sool and sanaag regions however that criminal state still falsely claims that all regions are representated through the will of the people which is flat out lie and easily debunked by showing where all the clan elders of sool are and therefore somaliland can be shown as lying state and if they lie about that imagine what else they lie about.

They forgot to mention that govt of somaliland is also involved in piracy by fining ships $2.5 million fines for not having port certification. Umm have u ever heard of $2.5 million dollar fine for not having the right paper work? of course not. Clear evidence of state piracy in hargeisa right at the top level.

They should've of also mentioned the conflicts that did occur in somaliland and how parties are tribe based. I wouldn't call it pure democracy but tribal democracy at best.

The speakers should of smashed off with a conclusion and said "Every african country in the modern era that has separated from their previous country always require the signature of the person their divorcing examples such as south sudan and eritrea would've of been sufficient to prove that hargeisa must come thru the hamar route no other route or the A.U will fail to uphold the territorial integrity of all it's member state which somalia is a member of".

Anyways the guys on that end were being to soft, I personaly wish I was on there and believe me somaliland would come of looking a bunch of thugs.

SeefTa   

Originally posted by Oodweyne:

Marqaan-weyn

No,
Adeer
, it just you had too many late night session with that
"marqaan stuff"
. And therefore you had a mighty difficulty in getting the correct order in which the alphabets are sets, so that you could read simple argument, in turn, indeed...
;)

Hence, you are not to be blame in here,
my friend
. But, merely it need to be noted that sometimes it would be best not to detain others particularly when you are in this state of heighten psychosis, in which your
"fondness"
for this
"marqaan"
thing may have brought about in the first place, indeed...
icon_razz.gif

Regards,

Oodweyne.

saaxib stick to english,

otherwise ask for the meaning,

because that elementary vocabulary of yours

will only take you so far ;)