Sign in to follow this  
Warrior of Light

Interesting articles

Binhah,

It is a powerful article.It reminds me of what we take for granted this very life we live.

May Allah guides us make us among those who remember Him and are grateful of His blessings. Amin

The Wisdom in Islam

Contributed by Abubakar Khasim

Khalid ibn El Waleed (RA) narrated the following hadith: A Bedouin came one day to the Prophet (Pbuh) and said to him, “Oh, Messenger of Allah! I’ve come to ask you a few questions about the affairs of this Life and the Here After.â€

Q: I’d like to be the most learned of men?

A: Fear Allah, and you will be the most learned of men.

Q: I wish to be the richest man in the world?

A: Be contented, and you will be the richest man in the world.

Q: I’d like to be the most just man?

A: Desire for others what you desire for yourself, and you will be the most just of men.

Q: I want to be the best of men?

A: Do good to others and you will be the best of men.

Q: I wish to be the most favoured by Allah?

A: Engage much in Allah’s praise, and you will be most favoured by Him.

Q: I’d like to complete my faith?

A: If you have good manners you will complete your faith

Q: I wish to be among those who do good?

A: Adore Allah as if you see Him. If you don’t see Him, He seeth you. In this way you will be among those who do good.

Q: I wish to be obedient to Allah?

A: If you observe Allah’s commands you will be obedient.

Q: I’d like to be free from all sins?

A: Bathe yourself from impurities and you will be free from all sins.

Q: I’d like to be raised on the Day of Judgment in the light?

A: Don’t wrong yourself or any other creature, and you will be raised on the Day of Judgment in the light.

Q: I’d like Allah to bestow His mercy on me?

A: If you have mercy on yourself and others, Allah will grant you mercy on the Day of Judgment.

Q: I’d like my sins to be very few?

A: If you seek the forgiveness Allah as much as you can, your sins will be very few.

Q: I’d like to be the most honourable man?

A: If you do not complain to any fellow creature, you will be the most honourable of men.

Q: I’d like to be the strongest of men?

A: If you put your trust in Allah, you will be the strongest of men.

Q: I’d like to enlarge my provision?

A: If you keep yourself pure, Allah will enlarge your provision.

Q: I’d like to be loved by Allah and His messenger?

A: If you love what Allah and Him Messenger love, you will be among their beloved ones.

Q: I wish to be safe from Allah’s wrath on the Day of Judgment?

A: If you do not loose your temper with any of your fellow creatures, you will be safe from the wrath of Allah on the Day of Judgment.

Q: I’d like my prayers to be responded?

A: If you avoid forbidden actions, your prayers will be responded.

Q: I’d like Allah not to disgrace me on the Day of Judgment?

A: If you guard your chastity, Allah will not disgrace you on the Day of Judgment.

Q: I’d like Allah to provide me with a protective covering on the Day of Judgment?

A: Do not uncover your fellow creatures faults, and Allah will provide you with a covering protection on the Day of Judgment.

Q: What will save me from sins?

A: Tears, humility and illness.

Q: What are the best deeds in the eyes of Allah?

A: Gentle manners, modesty and patience.

Q: What are the worst evils in the eyes of Allah?

A: Hot temper and miserliness.

Q: What assuages the wrath of Allah in this life and in the Hereafter?

A: Concealed charity and kindness to relatives.

Q: What extinguishes hell’s fires on the Day of Judgment?

A: Patience in adversity and misfortunes.

Related by Imam Ibn Hambal May Allah give us the true guidance. Ameen!!!

Forgive Me ALLAH

Forgive me Allah

For the wrongs I have done.

For anger, I shouldn't have

Against anyone.

I know I'm weak Allah,

But I love You, I really do,

And in spite of my weakness,

I know You love me too.

Forgive me for not reading Your word,

And for the times that I stray.

Forgive me for just being too tired

When I don’t take the time to pray.

Give me the strength, Oh! Allah,

to do what I should each day.

Let Your love shine through me

So others will follow Your way.

Even though I've failed You Allah,

I know You'll forgive me,

And this I promise Lord,

A better Muslim I will be.

For Your presence is in me

Filling my heart with Your love,

And I have Your reassurance

You’re guiding from above.

I love You Allah, and thank You

For the blessings You bestow,

I will tell others about You

So Your goodness they too, will know.

Always love & care them who love You

Assalam-o-Alaikum,

sisters Femme fatale, Sheherazade and Maha thank you for reading :D Ramadhan Kareem.

Please take a moment to relax your mind and humble your heart to focus

on

ALLAH. Allow Allah, to occupy your mind while you read this DUA. If we can take the time to read long jokes, stories, etc.,we should give the same

respect to this DUA.

Friends that pray together, stay together.

Let's pray...

OH ALLAH, I thank You for this day. I thank You for my being able to see and to hear this morning.

I'm blessed because You are forgiving and

understanding, Oh Allah. You have done so much for me & You keep on blessing me.

Forgive me this day for everything I have done, said or thought that was not pleasing to you.

I ask YOU only for Your forgiveness.

Please keep me safe from all danger and harm. Help me to start this day with a new attitude and plenty of gratitude.

Let me make the best of each and every day to clear my mind so that I can hear from You.

Please broaden my mind that I can accept all things.

Let me not whine and whimper over things

I have no control over.

Let me continue to see sin through YOUR eyes

and acknowledge it as evil.

And when I sin, let me repent,and receive YOUR

forgiveness.

And when this world closes in on me, let me remember YOU - to slip away and find a quiet place to make DUA.

It's the best response when I'm pushed beyond my limits. I know that when I can't make DUA, You

listen to my heart.

Continue to use me to do Your will. Continue to bless me that I may be a blessing to others.

Keep me strong that I may help the weak.

Keep me uplifted that I may have words of encouragement for others.

I make DUA for those that are lost and can't find their way.

I make DUA for those that are misjudged and misunderstood.

I make DUA for those who don't know You intimately

I make DUA for those that will delete this without sharing it with others.

I make DUA for those that don't believe. But I thank you that I believe. I

believe that Allah changes people and Allah changes things.

I make DUA for all my sisters and brothers in beleief. For each and every family member

in their households.

I make DUA for peace, love and joy in their homes that they are out of debt and all their needs are met.

I make DUA that every eye that reads this knows there is no problem, circumstance, or situation greater that Allah cant solve. Every battle is in your hands for You to fight.

I make DUA that these words be received into the hearts of every eye that

sees them and every mouth that confesses them willingly.

Aamiin.

"He who has Laa illaha illallah in his heart, He has Iman in his heart;

He who has Iman in his heart, he has Love in his heart;

He who has Love in his heart, he has Sakeenah in his heart;

He who has Sakeenah in his heart, he has ALLAH in his heart;

And he who has ALLAH in his heart, he is in no need of anyone else."

Acquire knowledge. It enableth its possesor to distinguish right from wrong; it lighteth the way to Heaven; it is our friend in the desert, our society in solitude, our companion when friendless, it guideth us to happiness; it sustaineth us in misery; it is an ornament amongst friends; and an armour against enemies.

Prophet Muhammad (saw)

25 ways of getting Close to Allah

1. Start off each day with 'adhkaar al-istiyqaadh' (waking up Supplications), thanking Allah for waking up in good shape.

2. Put Allah first in your life.

3. Broaden your horizons - learn 5 new verses from the Qur’an every day, travel to pray far in the mosque to brighten your day, take up a booklet having supplications and read them.

4. Pray Salaat Al-dhuhaa (after sunrise).

5. If someone says something mean ;to you, just

shrug it off and dismiss it in a friendly, laidback manner, and pray that Allah shall forgive them.

6. When you get angry, remember Allah, and how short and worthless life is to waste in being Angry.

7. Remember that you can never have too many friends, but you can have few quality friends that help you fulfil the

purpose of your creation (i.e. live for Allah).

8. When you're happy, try to share your happiness with others. Thank Allah for that, and pray its continuation.

9. When something bad or embarrassing happens to you, just think hat it could always be worse, remember the reward of patience, and thank Allah that it's not worse than it is.

10. Do something extra of goodness once in a while, like feeding a poor person, or caressing an orphan's head.

11. Never stop believing that you can win Allah's love and thus work For it. Then you can win the love of Allah's slaves.

12. Spend some time thinking of Allah's amazing creation.

13. Always love those who love Allah unconditionally. This way you will ensure that

you live for Him, love for Him, and hate for Him(those who are enemies of Him).

14. Find the righteous ways to express yourself, and if you think that what you are about to say shall cause no benefit, maintain silence (this is tough!!).

15. Every now and then, give yourself a break. Play sports, give time to your family, friends, but always remember Allah and watch that He is watching you.

16. Pray for blessing to come to those being lost, and pray to Allah to guide them to the right path.

17. Hug your parents, kiss their hands and heads and always obey but stop at Allah's orders.

18. Smile to everyone, for your smile makes a big difference to him or her and you are rewarded.

19. Forgive, forget and smile.

20. Tears are not for women only... tears are for all human beings with feelings remaining in them. Don't restrain your tears when remembering Allah.

21. When people criticize your actions and effort, revise your actions and see if they please Allah or no. If they do; then ignore and remember how the Prophet (SAAW) and the Sahaba were criticized, made fun of and even physically harmed, so have patience.

22. Read the Quran daily and try to have a schedule for completing it as much as you could. As you open the Quran daily, read with observing not just passing your eyes through the words

23. Don't let popularity go to your head, for it never lasts and you may lose from it more than gain.

24. Never look down on anybody, for, to Allah, they may be better than you.

25. Send this to all brothers and sisters with the intention of having a healthy society living for Allah and pray.

"Invite all to the way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and consult with them in ways that are best and most gracious." (Al Qur'an, 16:125)

Nur   

Warrior Of Light

Jazzaakallahu Khairan for your efforts, the Arabic contribution by sister Og Girl is about the endless wisdom of suurah Yusuf, and the beauty of how Allah is curing social evils by way of an example from a rich story that almost has all elements of human nature, from sex and crime, to jealousy, peer rivalry, business, power, slavery, suspence and a just ending with forgiveness and a yearning for a reunion with our maker in the herafter.

My choice of the passage is below.

12 - ثم تبين الآيات التربية السجينة للداعية ØŒ وتبين الدعوة إلى الله وعبادته التي خلق الإنسان من أجلها Ùهي معه أينما ذهب وأينما حل وارتحل ØŒ سÙرًا وحضرًا ØŒ سجنًا وحرية ØŒ صحة ومرضًا ØŒ غنى ÙˆÙقرًا ØŒ ÙˆÙÙŠ كل أحوال المؤمن الزمانية والمكانية يستمر بالدعوة إلى الله ØŒ وما الدعوة إلى الله تعالى إلا دعوة المجتمع والأسر والأÙراد ØŒ إلى التربية الصحيحة بعبادة ØŒ ويتخلص المجتمع من حقد المرابين مصاصي دماء الشعوب ØŒ وآكلي ثمراتالله وحده ØŒ والاستقامة على منهج الله تعالى وتشريعه ØŒ Ùيتنظ٠المجتمع من أدران المخدرات ØŒ والايدز جهودهم ØŒ ويتطهر المجتمع والأسرة من أكل أموال بعضهم بعضًا بالباطل .

هكذا يعلمنا القرآن عبر قصة يوس٠موقÙÙ‡ ÙÙŠ السجن

My Translation ( With some clarification)

The verses clarify, for dawa activists lessons in captivity, teaching lessons of how to invite others to the worship of Allah alone for which man was created no matter where a person finds himself to be, be it travel or staying, in captivity or a free man, sick or healthy, rich or poor, highlighting that reaching others to guide them to islam is a timeless and place independednt activity. The Dawa activity is nothing more than a training invitition for society, families and individuals to purify their worship of Allah SWT so that its fruits can b e social justice in which society can get rid of drivers of evil such as Ribaa, in which advantage is taken of the poor, also, others evils such as illigitamte sexual relationships that lead to epidemics such as AIDS can be avoided once the Sharia is followed, thus by worshippin Allah alone, all good can take place on this life as a waiting area period and area for the next life.

Nur

Brother Nur

Thank you for contributing and sharing the wisdom sister Og girl posted.

WORDS OF WISDOM.

“If you want a friend, Allah is sufficient.†Yes, if He is a friend, everything is a friend.

“If you want a companion, the Quran is sufficient.†For sure, in your imagination, you can meet with the Prophets and Angels in it, watch them, and become acquainted with them.

“If you want possessions, contentment is sufficient.†Yes, one who is content is economical, and one who is economical is blessed with plenty.

“If you want an enemy, the evil-commanding soul is sufficient.†Indeed, someone who admires himself finds disasters and falls into difficulties, while one who does not fancy himself finds happiness and attracts Divine mercy.

“If you want advice, death is sufficient.†Yes, he who thinks of death is saved from loving the world, and works seriously for his life in the Hereafter.

Once upon a time...

There was a rich King who had 4 wives .

He loved the 4 wife the most and adorned her with rich robes and treated her to the finest of delicacies. He gave her nothing but the best.

He also loved the 3rd wife very much and was always showing her off to neighboring kingdoms. However, he feared that one day

she would leave him for another.

He also loved his 2nd wife . She was his confidante and was always kind, considerate and patient with him. Whenever the King faced a problem, he could confide in her to help him get through the difficult times.

The King's 1st wife was a very loyal partner and had made great contributions in maintaining his wealth and kingdom. However, he did not love the first wife and although she loved him deeply, he hardly took notice of her.

One day, the King fell ill and he knew his time was short.

He thought of his luxurious life and pondered, "I now have 4 wives with me, but when I die, I'll be all alone.

Thus, he asked the 4th wife , "I have loved you the most, endowed you with the finest clothing and showered great care over you. Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?"

"No way!" replied the 4th wife and she walked away without another word.

Her answer cut like a sharp knife right into his heart.

The sad King then asked the 3rd wife , "I have loved you all my life. Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?"

"No!" replied the 3rd wife . "Life is too good!

When you die, I'm going to remarry!"

His heart sank and turned cold.

He then asked the 2nd wife , "I have always turned to you for help and you've always been there for me. When I die, will you follow me and keep me company?"

"I'm sorry, I can't help you out this time!" replied the 2nd wife. "At the very most, I can only send you to your grave."

Her answer came like a bolt of thunder and the King was devastated.

Then a voice called out:

"I'll leave with you and follow you no matter where you go."

The King looked up and there was his first wife. She was so skinny,

she suffered from malnutrition

Greatly grieved, the King said, "I should have taken much better care of you when I had the chance!"

In Truth, we all have 4 wives in our lives ...

Our 4th wife is our body . No matter how much time and effort we lavish in making it look good, it'll leave us when we die.

Our 3rd wife is our possessions, status and wealth. When we die, it will all go to others.

Our 2nd wife is our family and friends . No matter how much they have been there for us, the furthest they can stay by us is up to the grave.

And our 1st wife is our Soul , often neglected in pursuit of wealth, power and pleasures of the ego. However, our Soul is the only thing that will follow us wherever we go.

So cultivate, strengthen and cherish it now!

It is your greatest gift to offer the world.

Let it Shine!

raula   

A/S.

EVER WONDER!-its a Flasher to remind us of how lucky we are to be MUSLIMS-Mansha-allah.

Ever Wonder

May Allah s.w. make us stronger in serving him-Amin.

w/s.

raula   

Eco-Islam hits Zanzibar fishermen-Great article regarding the true revelation of the QURAN as guide for conservation of the Ecosystem.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4271519.stm

"The island is very important in our history. Once Prophet Hadhara arrived at Misali and asked fishermen for a prayer mat.

"As there was no mat, Hadhara said the island itself was like a prayer mat since it exactly points towards Mecca.

"He prayed and then disappeared. Since then the island is called Misali, which means prayer mat."

Mansha-allah!.

If you want a friend, Allah is sufficient

Yes, if He is a friend, everything is a friend.

If you want a companion, the Quran is sufficient.

For sure, in your imagination, you can meet with the Prophets and angels in it, watch them, and become acquainted with them.

If you want possessions, contentment is sufficient.

Yes, one who is content is economical, and one who is economical is blessed with plenty.

If you want an enemy, the evil commanding soul is sufficient.

Indeed, someone who admires himself finds disasters and falls into difficulties, while one who does not fancy himself finds happiness and attracts Divine mercy.

If you want advice, death is sufficient.

Yes, he who thinks of death is saved from loving the world, and works seriously for his life in the Hereafter.

Oh Allah, bestow upon us in this world love for You and love for that which will draw us closer to You, and the right guidedness that You have commanded, and , in the next world Your mercy and the vision of You.

Glory be unto You, we have no knowledge save that which You taught us. You are the All knowing, All Wise.

Oh Allah, grant blessings and peace on him whom You sent as a mercy to all worlds, and on his family and companions. Amin

Source: From the Risale Nur collection: A guide for youth by Bediuzzaman Said Nursi.