Sign in to follow this  
Meiji

Religious warlords turn on each other LOL

Aways is wrong and IndaCade is right in this instances. IndaCade no matter how bad he is at least has stated he would work with the government if his conditions are met. Aways is foaming from the mouth with no clear light at the end of the tunnel.

Aways is a simple warlord fighting for his individual ambition from Christian Asmara

Meiji   

Kashafa,

Thanks for your dramatized story of the battle of Araare.

Aweys can be accused of alot, but never of been a clannist or put in the same category as Gen.Aideed or be associated with USC.

Originally posted by Kashafa:

quote: Sh Dahir Aweys, the man who took up arms against the USC and Gen Aided AUN during the battle of Kismayo

Actually, it was called the Battle of Araare. It was the battle where Xaq and Baatil lakala saaray. It was the battle where Aideed and his USC militia, in hot pursuit of fleeing defenceless men, women, and children, were stopped and bloodied by the Mujahideen of the Two Xasans: Shaykh Xasan Daahir Aweys and Shaykh Xasan Turki. It was the battle where Peacenik Scholar Abdulqaadir Gacamey(he who is still 'talking' and 'speaking out', even as scholars are being tortured and locked up) counseled surrender and submission to Aideed and it was the battle where Shakyh Xasan Daahir Aweys refused anything but the sword. That decision of his, to stand and fight, against the armoured military might of Aided saved the lives of tens(if not hundreds) of thousands of fleeing civillians, buying them enough time reach Kenya. Had the Mujahideen, then known as Itihaad, followed the advice of Peacenik Gacamay, many nomads that are typing frivolously on these board might not have been alive. But no, they told Gacamay to take hike.(who promptly scurried back to Bosaaso preaching peacenik'ism). They stood. They fought. And they died. Almost to the man. And thousands of Somalis owe them their lives and owe them eternal gratitude.

It was a battle that will live in Honour as long as thoroughbreds ride and thoroughbreds breathe. I will inshallah dedicate a thread to discuss the lessons of the Battle of Araare.

Very few men, in the
history
of Somali-dom, have done for Islam and Somalia what Shaykh Aweys has done. Despite his shortcomings as a leader, he will forever be rightly remembered as the Somali
Mujadid
of the 20th century. He will be remembered as the man who exhorted Umada Soomaliyeed oo Xalaasha ah to stand up and FIGHT. FIGHT against Gumaysi. FIGHT against Qabyaalad. FIGHT against Dulmi. FIGHT against Isbahaysiga Kufr wal Nifaaq. FIGHT against Shahaado la dirrir. FIGHT against Shirqool'ka Ja'Booty.

All those who hate on Shaykh-ul-Soomaal Xasan Daahir Aweys, may you burn forever with the cuqdad and bitterness that consumes you and with the inferiority complex that you have been raised with since childhood. May the eyes of cowards never find rest in sleep. May they die the same way they have lived their lives: on their knees.

Allahuma Ameen.
Yours yaa Kashka is nice sentiment to be sure but it’s historically inaccurate and full of empty talk. As always you pour out emotional stuff and in the process disregard the facts of the matter. Sh. Xassan Dahir did not participate in the battle of Araare. Sh. Gacmey was not in Kismayo at the time. The battle was between the Gulwade Mucaskar and Aydiid’s forces.

It’s beyond me why you slander Sh. Gacmey to lionize Sh. Xassan. Both Sheekhs have been friends for a long time. They do not necessarily see eye to eye on every issue, but their bound of Islam and brotherhood goes beyond this Nintendo talk of yours.

For those implying Sh. Aweys had association with Aydid, arrintaas Allaah baa wax idinka oran. Waxyaalo waxaa jira aan hadalka laysku deeqsiinkarin...

Goodir   

^Nicely done. The kid desperately needed to re-write the Araare battle.

Kashafa: You forget to add 'Shaykh-ul-Soomaal Xasan Daahir Aweys' saved the Kacbah from Abraham, prophet Ibrahim from fire, Idriis from the whale, Mosa from the flooding sea.

hallelujah Shaykh-ul-Soomaal Xasan Daahir Aweys -- say that out loud.

Mr. Meiji (mingis kugu dhage), let the record show that you, mr "shacabka muqdisho wey isla socdaan, ba'ayey" ANSWERED a complicated no.

about the holly warrior:-

Aweys can be accused of alot, but never of been a clannist or put in the same category as Gen.Aideed or be associated with USC.

...and no one dare accuse Meiji for wearing the clan shirt because he represents the famous" Muqdisho society" (meiji, kasha, and adeer aweys)

What a distortion of history Kashafa poured in here. That battle was between Al-itixad who were in Xerada Guulwadayasha and inna Ceydid. Anyone who was in Kismayo at the knows it. Sheikh Xassan Dahir was never part of that battle. I don't even think Sheikh Turki was around at the time. I don't understand why you would smear Sheikh Abdulqadir Faarax name like, that just beyond me. Weren't these 2 men fighting together in Northeast in 92?

All those who hate on Shaykh-ul-Soomaal Xasan Daahir Aweys, may you burn forever with the cuqdad and bitterness that consumes you and with the inferiority complex that you have been raised with since childhood. May the eyes of cowards never find rest in sleep. May they die the same way they have lived their lives: on their knees.

Allahuma Ameen.

Habaar badanaa ma habar cajuusaa?

Kashafa you should't be infront of the computer monitor at this time, just go away please and take your medication, Soo jeedka badan kuuma fiicna.

Kashafa   

Sh. Xassan Dahir did not participate in the battle of Araare.

Sorry, pal. You're mistaken. Or lying. One of the two. Not only did he participate in the battle, but he arrived with reinforcements at a time where everbody abandoned them.

Sh. Gacmey was not in Kismayo at the time.

Again, you could just be mistaken. Or lying. He actually came all the way from Bosaaso to exhort the Mujahideen to not fight against Aideed. Just as he exhorted to not fight against the Ethiopians. Just as he exhorted yesterday to not fight against PISS and the Pissland adminstration. No wonder he's the favourite shaykh of peacenik and d.h.a.b.h.o.d.h.i.l. i.f alike.

The battle was between the Gulwade Mucaskar and Aydiid’s forces

An inaccuracy. Like I said, Shaykh Xasan Daahir Aweys arrived with reinforcements when Gacamay failed in making the Mujahideen lay down their weapons and surrender to Aideed. He arrived there knowing the odds. And he still fought.

Everything I said here is easily verifiable. I'm wondering whether it's worth the effort to search for online sources.

^^Nin madax adag maahi, you can easily prove what you are saying awoowe. You may never know if I was there :D

edit: Kashafa, maxaa kugu xanbaarayya waxaadan hubin inaad ku doodo awoowe?

Dhubad.   

Just for the record, Sheikh Aweys did not participate the battle of Araare. It was merely the youth of Al-itihad who felt threaten by the advancing Aideed militia.

Initially, Al-Itixad didn't want participate the war between the two functions but when the USC reached around Araare area Al-itixad sent a warning letter to Aidiid to halt his hot pursuit but he declined and allegedly wrote back saying "I will only leave you alone when you surrender and bring your women forward " or something along those lines and that is when Al-itixad decided to fight him.

btw Sh. Aweys and Sh. H alasow played positive role by warning the Gulwade Camp to prepare for Aydiid's offense. But Kashafa as good man as he is , this time unfortunately the facts are not with him.

Kashafa   

Ok, guys...you're forcing my hand. I will search for and post the online source that will prove Shaykh Aweys personally participated in the Battle of Araare. I hope you all have the decency to then retract your "he was not there" accusations. He was there. And I will prove it, inshallah.

Give me 3 hours. Google search can be pain-staking.

btw, I have nothing personal against Sh. Gacamay. I just vehemently disagree with his "Submit and Surrender to anybody who's stronger than you" philosophy