Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

WHY I LIKE FAYSAL CALI WARAABE

Gentlemen,

AT's argument for Awdalites being anti-Somaliland is based on two premises - contacts with a few diaspora Awdalites and a media interview with a disgruntled Awdal elder.

First, in examining diaspora leanings, it's never been a good barometer for what's happening on the ground. Relevant proof of that is the inability of all Puntlanders in this Forum to predict Faroole as the winner of the recent competion for leadership in that troubled region. The Somali peninsula today is increasingly inhabited by a new generation under 25-yrs of age who are only familiar with the post Siad Barre era and measure things according to the realities currently in existance rather than nostalgia over 'cappuccino at Bar Jubba'.

As for the elder interviewed recently by some media outlets, he expressed issue with the greater numbers reported by some regions in the voter registration drive in comparison with the numbers reported by his home region of Awdal. This is simply the usual regional jockeying for influence that's common in all democratic one-man-one-vote systems around the world where greater electorates represent greater political clout. He angrily stated that the people of Awdal will not give up their inalienable rights as citizens of Somaliland in exchange for currently occupying the Presidential seat. No where in the interview is opposition to Somaliland expressed, only exasperation with his region's allotment of registered voting population base within the Somaliland state. To surmise anti-Somaliland leanings from this is far-fetched and devoid of proof thus far.

What's obvious from AT's argument is not logical reasoning but rather frustration with the cold, hard fact that Somaliland is the only political construct within the Somali peninsula that has endured and strengthened in the nearly two decades since the fall of Siad Barre. I sympathize with the usual frustration this causes for Somalis not from Somaliland to see everything you construct fail while your neighbor, with a few stumbles along the way, continuously pulls ahead. Yet this is the situation within the Somali peninsula known as the Horn of Africa.

Poker   

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

You may have grown up in Borama. Rooble too. It is a big city. As far as I know only one clan supports the secession, and few individuals with direct interst served by Riyaale's presidency. I am not someone who is a stranger. Talk to cali Aw-bashbash, Hussien ismaaciil, Saleebaan Cawar, and hundreds of Awdalites. The view is overwhelmingly pro-union.

Hence, I dismiss you and the rest of the imposters here with the disgrace you deserve.

Your argument has no merit saaxiib. You don't need to name few individuals here. There are people from Hargeisa and Burco who are also pro union. It's the majority that counts.

The city I visited last year (twice) and 2006 (once) has a different view than yours and that is all that matter.

BTW, Borame waa magaalada qudha ee lacagtii Somaliga ahayd iska badeshay ama joojisay isticimaalkeeda iyadoon dawladii ku khasbin ama ka caawin.

P.S. The Somaliland National anthem is also written and compassed by Hasan Sheikh Muumin (RIP), another icon from Awdal region. Now what?

A Little Gift for A & T ,,,,

Faysal Cali Waraabe “ Horta marna C/llaahi Yuusuf Ma dhihin Madaxweyne waligeen anaga, Somali-land wax uu ka qaadi karo ma jiro waa Oday Asaasaq oo qabiili ah oo aan Somali-land, illaah mahdii weeye in in ragii shalay Madaxweyne dhahayay in asaga oo fool xun una Eg daanyeer ay ka soo saareen Baydhabo

:D:D:D

Not sure if it is True though ,,,,,,,,,, lool