Sign in to follow this  
OLOL

Yeey's Southward March: familiar disastrous

OLOL   

Yeey's southward march: Familiar and Disastrous.

About a decade and half ago, Siad Barre, the Somalia’s last dictator, besieged by USC rebels, vowed he would never negotiate with "reactionaries" and a "rogue" anti-revolutionary forces after meeting with a moderate group of Somali politicians, consisting of Manifesto signatories and other influential Mogadishu elders.

Meanwhile, the late general Mohammed Farah Aideed, at the height of his glory as commander-in-chief of the USC rebels in quest of power, declared that he wanted Afweyne ousted and dead, thus indicating he wanted Barre’s presidency by all means, at all costs.

Both known stubborn maniacs, Afweeyne and Aideed kept their words. Afweeyne was ousted and fled the country. Later, He vowed he will march back to Mogadishu to recapture it from the USC traitors. It was an impractical miscalculation from his side. At the end, he was buried in an unidentified grave in Nigeria. Afweeyne have managed to single-handedly lead Somalia to a total economical, political and societal destruction and destitution. His regime was responsible of the murder and killings of more than 200,000 innocent Somalis.

Aideed didn’t get the presidency he sought either. He too had some impractical plans to wipe out Said Barre’s remnants from the country and led a southward march to chase his foe. After not until 300,000 people died of starvation and killings and the entire country destroyed, he too was buried in a somewhat identified grave inside Somalia.

Now, history is back where it was a decade and half ago. We have another diabolical maniac of the same league. As he sits in a presidential seat, Abdullahi yusuf Ahmed (Yeey) has vowed never to negotiate with the powerful opposing warlords in Mogadishu who have elected him to continue the Somali lunacy from where Afweeyne & Aideed left. Warlord-President Yeey, who have not signed the previously attempted fourteen peace agreements and reneged on all since they did not offer him clear prospects for his presidency, now finds himself where Afweeyne was a decade and half ago. The Warlord-President said he will not negotiate with warlords who held the country hostage for more than a decade and half and will march to south building up forces and collecting militias to oust these renegade Mogadishu warlords. Yeey’s statement is so baffling that he appears to be working to his own demise and destructive campaign for power.

It is crucial to remind Yeey and his clique that they carry the burden of Somalia’s doomed destiny and that Yeey’s very presidency and his clannish ambition are painful reminders of the unforgettable scars of horror and poverty that left on many Somalis still helpless and hopeless.

Mogadishu warlords, too, are now determined to counter and prevent Yeey’s declared southward march. They have illusively hinted a soon-to-be-launched military assault on the president’s assumedly power base as a prerequisite to end his impractical clannish aspirations and to protect their turf while maintaining the "Status quo" of lawlessness and anarchy in the Capital.

Most peace loving Somalis find these militaristic maneuvering troubling. Worrisome is also the political ineptness of current Somali parliamentarians and their inability to come to other alternative ways to restore Somali people’s desire towards an everlasting peace and dignity.

Both Afweeyne and Aideed’s refusal to acknowledge their opponent’s political contention led to their demise and worst of all, the killings of half a million innocent Somalis who were caught in the callous web of atrocities and deathly crossfire for the search of power and influence. The stubbornness of both men led to the total destruction of the country.

Peace loving Somalis are troubled over Yeey’s bullying behavior as a sing of another disastrous civil war. The past Somali experience has shown that it is easier, far more convenient, for stubborn warlords to wage a war than to reconstruct and heal the painful wounds of their suffering people.

A ruthless ambitious warlord may have reasons not to negotiate with his equals because they share the same values and pursue the same diabolical goals. But in the case of troubled and destroyed Somalia, all the warlords, including Yeey and other member warlords in the current conflict see no tangible benefit to negotiate and save the country from further destruction.

The inescapable reality is that the ghosts of Afweeyne & Aideed are indeed today lingering on Yeey’s soul (if he has one) since he is in the same league with these dead maniacs and is still insisting on the same idiotic narrow-mindedness. Now the subliminal question, even though scary and unfathomable, is where will Yeey’s grave and final resting place be and how many innocent lives will be lost along this impractical southward march?

Duufaan   

so much destruction!! No way I want be part of.

By the way who will the beneficial of the new destruction. I assume not the current Modisho warlods. Let me say I welcome any change "Status quo" of lawlessness and anarchy in the Capital and elsewhere.

Haddad   

Originally posted by OLOL:

Now, history is back where it was a decade and half ago.

Signor OLOL, there seems to be a pattern in this cycle that repeated itself after a decade and half ago. I hope this will be the last cyclone.

Xoogsade   

The only way to stop mad men was to let them die the death of their victims and A/Y will be no exception. The downside is that the death of tyrants doesn't come soon enough and they kill many before they are killed or die in bitterness.

PS: Horta yaa madaxa laga marey oo u dagaallaamaayo A/Y marka hore?

His regime was responsible of the murder and killings of more than 200,000 innocent Somalis.

When did all these people die? And I truely hope you don't say after 1990, Truely hope.

Peace loving Somalis

You keep saying this a lot. Do you consider yourself a "peace loving somali"?

What nonsence, why would the president march be compared to the ills of the past? It seesm there are people here craving for mayhem and caln warfare in order to prove their point of being rabid opposition.

The country has turned a page, this is not 1991 or before or the mad days of the 1990s few have the stomach for war least of all the legitimate leaders of the nation. But keep drumming the beat of fear for that is your agenda... icon_razz.gif

OLOL   

***********please stop the insults and the personal attacks on our forum**********

[ July 18, 2005, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: Admin ]

OLOL   

now here is my edited version of the previous message without any personal attack!

Thanks to the moderators for pointing out my shortcomings!

To begin with; I don’t think Yeey’s hallucinations will bear any fruits and no one will fight for an obsessed lunatic. He will fail miserably and will persih in it. The Somali reality confirms that his downfall is imminent and so near.

(kabteey inteey ka baxday hadeeysan ka dhicin!)

the comparison is not only about Yeey's impractical stance on the gloomy affairs of the TFG. By and large, it is about the manners of these obstinate soldiers. It is always some nuts who ignite clan animosities and launch destructive civil wars. Men from these camps have not been schooled on the art of compromise and concession. They have been blinded by some absurd pride. Until, we come to the realisation that a pigheaded soldier from such background will not lead us to the promised land of peace and prosperity but will continue to lead us to the unlucky path of mayhem and destruction, we will continue to be backward, poor society that keeps fighting for nothing and we will be in this self destructive path for generations to come! History has shown us that is the case. we should not let these kind of nut-heads to hold any position of leadership if we want to get out of this mess! let us all campaign to exclude and alienate these military men.

Jumatatu   

^^Sxb For some like Duke to them Yeey is the one that will fulfill their dreams, what dream is only them can tell, though it is certainly not the attainment of a harmonic and stability of Somalia.

So we wait and see whether Yeey will be able to deliver what he has promised to them( not Somali statehood) or lead them further astray. My money is on the latter... :D:D

Originally posted by OLOL:

Afweeyne have managed to
single-handedly
lead Somalia to a total economical, political and societal destruction and destitution. His regime was responsible of the murder and killings of more than 200,000 innocent Somalis.

First of all, his name is Major General Maxamed Siyaad Barre (Allaha u naxaristo). Secondly, no man can single-handedly bring down an entire nation. It took thousands of people to bring Somalia down to its knees. Thirdly, Barre probably killed the 200,000 "innocent" Somalis you mentioned - but what was Gen Aideed (Allaha u naxaristo) and his USC militias doing? Were they killing thousands of pigeons? :confused: Gen Aideed probably caused the death of more people than Barre - it took Barre 21 years to kill that many while it took Aideed less than 5 years!

Gen Aideed - who might be a hero in your eyes - died at the hands of his own kinsmen. He was killed by the same people he was trying to free. He died of the same disease he infested Somalia with. Barre? He held Somalia together for 21 years. Aideed? He couldn't hold Mogadishu alone together. Aideed could never even stack up to Barre's shadow! Today's Mogadishu dilemma was not caused by Barre as you'd love for us to believe, but by Aideed's legacy.

OLOL   

Siyadists cadres will never cease defending their adored chief comrade. Their worship for him corrupts their rationale and reasoning. Dear Folks, no one absolves Aideed from crimes. His intransigence has caused mass starvation and more destruction. He was worse than Afweyne and I have acknowledged that fact in my article. Unfortunately, for the lack of grasping alluded information, people overlook the particulars and take things out of context.

Let us not defend maniacs simply because they hail from our immediate clan. These three stooges and their Protégés ( current warlords ) are the ones responsible of our painful catastrophe. We need to empower enlightened peace-lords and civil society activists who are immune of this clannish malady. That is the only way we could rescue us from further doom.

Afweyne ousted and dead....

Afweeyne and Aideed kept their words...

Afweeyne was ousted and fled the country...

Afweeyne have managed to single-handedly lead...

Afweeyne & Aideed left...

Afweeyne was a decade and half ago...

Afweeyne and Aideed’s refusal to acknowledge...

Afweeyne & Aideed are indeed...

War ninyahoow amaaba "Afweyne" ku qafiiftaa, macbuudka. Ninka waa geeriyooday ee ka dhaaf caayda, Soomaaliyana wax ka daran oo maskaxyar ayaa wada socdo hada.

We need to empower enlightened peace-lords and civil society activists who are immune of this clannish malady. That is the only way we could rescue us from further doom.

"Enlighten peace-lords," I hope you don't believe your are one of those peace-lords, or the person who might enlighten them for the matter of fact. Personally I think of you as qabilistic, hypocritic, idiotic,half-pegan,half lost kid with a European mentaility, who recently took "Somali politics 101" by dear mother or father depending on which side is Somali and hails from Muqdishu. smile.gif

First of all, his name is Major General Maxamed Siyaad Barre (Allaha u naxaristo)........Gen Aideed (Allaha u naxaristo)

Walal nin ficaan baad tahay wallhi you said "allaha u naxaristo" for both of the late leaders.

Let us not defend maniacs simply because they hail from our immediate clan.

Windtalker doesn't hail from his "immediate" clan. He is simply saying whats on his mind and because his ideas look more reasonable and understandable than what you have been writing on this thread all this time( really useless)you have to say somekind of idiotic reason to why wind is defending(stating the real facts really) the late marxuum Maj. Gen. Jalle. Maxamed Siyaad Bare (allaha u naxaaristo).

OLOL   

Ina-Xaggaa Dheere sheekadiisii markaan aqriyay waxaan ka jecleeystay oraahda dhaheeyso:

" haddaaan aamusnana, ariga dilka lagama dhaafayo, haddaan hadalnana waa af salax ku dheg"

I have been cautioned (by the moderators) to refrain from personal attacks( which I am good at it) or otherwise I will be censored or banned. So Mr. Nomadic Activist and (HornAfrik in some other thread), you are off the hook for now thanks to that admonition. Nevertheless, I expect this rule will be applied to all.