Sign in to follow this  
Samakab

The next Somali president

Samakab   

After General M Siyaad Barre who you think to be worthy to rule somalia? It's not an easy answer but just have a shot. personally i rather anyone but the following :- Muuse Suudi, Morgan, Caydiid junior, riyaale and Jamac Cali jaamac smile.gif each of them I have reasons not to vote for them ( not tribal though) ;)

LANDER   

So from your post, I presume "Mr.Barre" was a "worthy" leader?

Ironic you mention those names, as I see it, Barre was responsible for more atrocities then all of them combined.

Jeeyte   

and how exactly ??

As far as I'm concerned, The more worst notorious and the biggest criminal is Cabdullahi Yuusuf. I sometimes don't consider him Somali but more as a Tigre.

The next great president will be Dr. Cabdullahi Cadow.

Waaq   

The current generation possess no leaders only crooks. This crosses all clan boundaries. Maybe Somaliland has someone of integrity, possibly Silaanyo. I am proud of his decision to accept the results of the election.

Baashi   

Who knows? Good guess would be whoever Ethiopia and West backs. There will be no vote. We should be willing to put up anyone who can deliver the peace. The lesser of the two evils principle can be applied to this dilemma.

Samakab   

Originally posted by LANDER:

So from your post, I presume "Mr.Barre" was a "worthy" leader?

Ironic you mention those names, as I see it, Barre was responsible for more atrocities then all of them combined.

Brother Lander, The Marxuum is not with us to rule. He is gone and I presume we will follow his path. first, the General (allahu naxariisto) was a dictator. I can't deny that, its a fact. but when you look back in history he wasn't that bad. At least not as bad as Saddam, Idi amiin or any Middle eastern/African ruler.

From your words I presume you have no love for him, well guess what neither do I.

Anyways, I have to remove the pic because it will either derive ppl from the original question or irritate them. By the way, I posted this topic to have realistic ideas about our next somali leader, whom I wish to be fair and patriotic as SYL heroes. Personally, There is one person stood out from a list of ten that I made 2 years ago. I'll tell you who is that person is as long as you keep sending more positive posts.

AUN   

Originally by Samakaab

history he wasn't that bad. At least not as bad as Saddam, Idi amiin or any Middle eastern/African ruler

I do not know about Idi Amiin but Saddam Hussein despite being obsessed with exterminating with any potential enemy, during his reign (before the sanctions) Iraq had Middle East's best education and health system, the verdict is on you to decide which one did better

LANDER   

Samakab,

You are free to express whatever view point you have, whether or not people here agree with them.

Secondly though, I don't jump to conclusions about people based on their nickname and avitar. On the contrary, I react only to their post. However, given your avitar, I find it ironic you say this:

From your words I presume you have no love for him, well guess what neither do I.

As for you mentioning of Saddam Hussein and Idi Amin Dada. I have to say that Hussein for one comes no where close to the amount of atrocities commited by Barre. I am talking only numbers here. Hussein's biggest atrocity was the gasing of a kurdish village on the border of Iran which was probably less then 2000 people. As for Idi Amin brutal as he was, I don't know exactly how many of his own he killed, but what I know is that he commited criminal acts against alot of foreigners specialy Indians with the pretext that he was gonna put "Africa back in the hands of Africans", and those where historically his most reprehensible acts.

As for you original question, I don't see one leader who can emerge and be accepted across all somali territories. Actually the original dilemma would be that there is no Somalia at the moment. Now if you wanna take Somaliland out of the equations and rename the rest Somalia, then maybe within a decade in would be time to choose a leader for the new country. But if people keep persisting on keeping Somaliland in the equation, then I have a feeling this will definitely last more than a decade. I feel if there is any hope of peace we have got to learn to respect each others right to self-determination. The lack of respect showed by the so-called TNG in the past towards Somaliland is an example of the lack of respect and understanding in somali politics. So Samakab sxb if you have an idea on how to solve the complex political problems of the somali people, I for one am open to all new ideas. But in your plan makes sure you included the "how" of it, if you know what I mean. Often people think they have a simple solution to this complex problem, and they have no appreciation for the complexity of the problems at hand.

Mahad   

Originally posted by Samakab:

After General M Siyaad Barre who you think to be worthy to rule somalia? It's not an easy answer but just have a shot. personally i rather anyone but the following :- Muuse Suudi, Morgan, Caydiid junior, riyaale and Jamac Cali jaamac
smile.gif
each of them I have reasons not to vote for them ( not tribal though)
;)

What is the purpose of posting this question? Obviously, it is not about who is going to be the next ruler. Samakab, are you asking pple if Barre was a good or bad leader? Look pal| those were not the good old days. Looking at his picture makes me sick, wallaahi. So do a favor for the man by removing his picture; because the atrocity he committed is far more worse than those of Idi and Sadam.

I don't think the wisest route to discuss the question brother Samakab raised is to bring up the good vs. bad of the late Somali President Maj Gen Maxamad Siyaad Barre (Allah u naxariisto). I'm sure we all have our opinions but the topic is NOT directed towards him. The question simply asks the NEXT future president (hopefully they'll be one...one day).

Anyways, back to the topic. I don't know of ANY Somali leader (or so-called leader) currently present in the Somali political arena who can lead our nation to the place most of us want to take it, i.e. peace & prosperity. However, I'm certain there's plenty of capable leaders who don't participate in the current dilemmas and turmoil our motherland is going through. Does that make them bad leaders? I think not. Long as they got potential and don't attract the hatred of the population (as all the warlords do), I think they're our last shot. Sooner or later, these warlords who continue to wreak havoc upon our people will all die off. The question is: what happens after that? Only time will tell..

SAMAKAB -

A simple question for you brother: Out of a possible 2-digit number of warlords currently in Somalia, you named and specifically targetted four, one of which happens to be the legitimate and elected president of the self-declared Republic of Somaliland. First of all, I want to know why you placed President Riyale in that list, and more importantly, why you forgot about such traitorous and infamous leaders as Col Cabdullahi Yusuf and Cismaan Caato?

Looking forward to you're answers..

BN   

Originally posted by Jeeyte:

and how exactly ??

As far as I'm concerned, The more worst notorious and the biggest criminal is Cabdullahi Yuusuf.

Are you actually saying that C/Yusuf is a bigger criminal than Saddam Hussain, Idi Amin, or Siad Barre??? Sxb, you've been chewing 2 much Qaat... :D What do you base those claims on? What are your sources? Or are you just rambling? ;)

Originally posted by LANDER:

I have to say that Hussein for one comes no where close to the amount of atrocities commited by Barre. I am talking only numbers here. Hussein's biggest atrocity was the gasing of a kurdish village on the border of Iran which was probably less then 2000 people.

Lander,

Please don't downplay the suffering of other peoples(especially muslims) :mad: just to get sympathy for your own political aspirations. By the way what "numbers" were you quoting? :confused:

The gasing of Halabja killed 5,000-7,000 people--mostly women and children. :(

The biggest atrocity committed by Saddam Hussain was the putting down of the Shiite Uprising after the Gulf War. In the past couple of weeks numerous mass graves have been found in Iraq with the death toll as high as 200,000. :( Here is the story today from the BBC.

Huge mass grave found in Iraq

Few of the bodies found in Iraq have been identified

Iraqis have uncovered what is thought to be one of the largest mass graves found since the toppling of Saddam Hussein's regime.

BBC correspondent Barbara Plett says the remains of up to 3,000 people had been found so far, and the total uncovered could be as many as 15,000.

The grave was found in the small village of al-Mahawil, located near the city of Hilla, about 56 miles (90 km) south of Baghdad.

Among the remains are thought to be the bodies of political prisoners killed after a Shia Muslim uprising against Saddam in 1991 but also entire families.

Relatives are identifying them with their eyeglasses or other personal effects found among the bodies

Rafid al-Husseini

local doctor in al-Mahawil

BBC correspondents say the stench at the site is unbearable and a group of US marines who visited said it was like looking into hell.

Human rights groups believe that up to 200,000 people may be buried in sites across the country.

Search for loved ones

Iraqis dug using a mechanical digger and even their hands to find the bodies at al-Mahawil, which they painstakingly attempted to identify from clothing and identity cards on the bodies.

One young man told Reuters news agency he was sure he had found the remains of his brother because he recognised the shirt he always used to wear.

One woman clutched a plastic bag of bones she said had belonged to her husband's best friend, weeping as she waited for her husband's remains to be found.

"We expect many more here," said local doctor Rafid al-Husseini.

"We are trying to match the remains with the names... provided by families in the area.

"We found bodies on top of each other. Relatives are identifying them from their glasses or other personal effects found among the bodies."

Evidence

Rights groups have urged the international community to protect such sites, saying they are crime scenes containing evidence which may prove crucial to the prosecution of the remnants of Saddam Hussein's regime.

However US Marine Major Al Schmidt told the BBC that they had to be respectful of the Iraqis who had suffered.

"This man [saddam Hussein] committed a lot of atrocities [but] we are not going to stand here and disrupt them from their mourning," he said.

"We're going to come in as best we can and do what's best for these people."

Graves across Iraq

Families desperate to find loved ones have also been searching plots at the graveyard in Khan Banisaad, a village 30 km (19 miles) north-east of the Iraqi capital.

BBC correspondent Anu Anand says that squeezed between the graves of local villagers are hundreds of plots believed to contain bodies.

In their desperation to give their loved ones a proper burial, the families are disrupting the remains, destroying evidence that would be needed for any war crimes trials, our correspondent adds.

Iraqi officials in the southern city of Basra have reported finding 1,000 bodies in a mass grave.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3024989.stm

BN   

As for the next Somali president, I say anyone who could bring peace to Somalia. smile.gif

Samakab   

"I have to say that Hussein for one comes no where close to the amount of atrocities commited by Barre." LANDER

Obviously, LANDER your english language use in these forum is way passed us my dear somali brother. Having said that, you have no idea what the ppl of Iraq have gone through in Saddamland. before I go further, I have to say that Hussein for one comes no where close to the amount of atrocities commited by Jaale maxamad siyaad barre and your cousin Jaale Igaal. Remember my friend in 1995 what happened in your "Land". The point I want to make is that we know barre what he did for good and bad, but why you always commited to bring this up in every forum post. This is not a coincident that you mention the eleged attrocities commited against "the hashimiates". In fact I have been following previous articles of yours, and all what is it about is "look at us, look at you".

Coming back to the issue, I have seen how hopeless the brothers and sisters are in discussing these political issues. First of all, no one deny that (in someday, some stage in your short lives) you'll end up in "Somali terretories". If we "those who know how to read and write smile.gif "didn't even bother to look forward and take part of our common dreams, WHO WILL FOR ALLAH'S SAKE? Americans came and left. Arabs don't have interest in you. Ethiopia can't wait to reach the Ocean or Aden Gulf.How hopeless is that?! To summerise, I wish Elman Cali Axmed was with us today so that I cast my vote to him, sadly he got murdered in 1996.

I really don't get it. Why defend one murderer against another? Sadam Hussien and Cabdullahi Yusuf are both murderers of innocent peoples. That should say enough about them.

SAMAKAB -

I'm still waiting for an answer. Why did you leave out Cabdullahi Yusuf & Cismaan Caato, and many more, out of the warlords you mentioned? :confused: :confused: