Sign in to follow this  
Malika

Are Islamic worlds in turmoil?

Malika   

As I sat to watch the news yesterday,as usual I flick from one news channel to another,seeking the one that is probably alittle bit unbiased.Of course there is non, but some how Al Jazeera almost comes across as Unbiased..Anyways

Pakistan

Somalia

Sudan

Afganistan

Iraq

Iran

Turkey

etc

All those Islamic countries seemed to be in turmoil of some sort, I knew Pakistan wouldnt take long before it found it self on a brick of a civil war...

Turkey, seems confused..Giving the EU more reasons to not agree on its joining their Union.

Iraq, the countless deaths of civilian is becoming the norm, how is maimed, dying people become the norm? Subhanallah!

Sudan, and its hyped Darfur crisis...which endangers the stability of the whole of Sudan..continues

Somalia- Aah one can write pages on what has been going on for 17yrs and the current events..

Iran, the west seems to be obsessed, frightened..accusation thrown left and right.

Afghanistan, more blood shed, a talaben leader killed, more american solders dead..No stabilty in sight..yet!

So are these the signs of the last days? Is there anything else going on in this world but the turmoil in Islamic world?

Who is to blame?

we are. if nothing else for encouraging and perpetuating systems of governance where the leaders and representatives are unaccountable to the peoples they claim to represent

Fabregas   

The media could have chosen to to show the situation in El Salvador, Colombia, Sri Lanka and various other places who are in similar "turmoil", probaly more-so than Turkey and Iran. But somehow a roadside bomb in Southern Thailand(carried out by Muslim Insurgents) is headline news on Aljazeera T.V. There is also a growing desperacy in some quarters at their failure to implement and export "democracy" to the Muslim world, which has only lead to an Islamic revival!

Khalaf   

^^^Geel u hear this before who u think it refers to tolaw?

'Abd Allah ibn Mas'ud said: "The Prophet said, 'Islam began as something strange, and it will revert to being strange as it was in the beginning, so good tidings for the strangers.' Someone asked, 'Who are the strangers?' He said, 'The ones who break away from their people

(literally, 'tribes') for the sake of Islam.' "This Hadith was narrated by Ibn Majah on the authority of Anas and Abu Hurairah

And Allah knows best.

"So are these the signs of the last days?"

According to Islamic sources yes, the afflictions that will befall the ummah. Here's a good lecture: Short Version part 2

Entire lecture

Shaykh Anwar Al-Awlaki i believe is held our du'as to him, his family and the others.

Our so called leaders are to blame. Iran isn’t in turmoil, but America is using propaganda to attack Iran. America can’t directly attack Iran, unless they use A-bombs on Iran. Ahmedenijad held an Anti-US Rally in the UAE, so no surprise there.

Sudan is also being exaggerated, America wants the oil in Sudan, it is black on black violence, yet they portray it as an Arab on Black violence. More propaganda from American

Pakistan has a dictator which is pro-American, he is a ruthless one, and the people are getting tried of him.

Afghanistan was ones supported by America, the Taliban were called Freedom fighters by Regan and today when they dismissed American orders. merican used 9/11 as an excuse, attacked the country and installed a slave regime, like the ones in Somalia and Iraq today.

Iraq fell due to Saddam’s sortsightedness and pro-Americanism. America supported and aided Saddam during the Iran-Iraq war, provided him with nuclear and chemical weapons and they ended-up hanging his little behind. He had it coming, he should have being a lesson to all those to kneel to America. They will be used and abused!

Turkey has its own troubles, I haven’t paid much attention to the news coming out of Turkey, but I heard the protests are mainly against the Islamic upraising. They wish to remain a secular nation. I won’t be surprised if America is somehow behind these.

At the end, Muslims betray themselves. Look at Afghanistan, Iraq, and Somalia. Soon you will see Turkey, Iran and Sudan taking the same route. These traitors are dangerous and more deadly than the enemy itself. French has just elected a Jew President, who gave the Muslims there the finger.

Peacenow   

Originally posted by Caano Geel:

we are. if nothing else for encouraging and perpetuating systems of governance where the leaders and representatives are unaccountable to the peoples they claim to represent

Spot on there. Yes it is in huge problems. I don't like CNN, it is overly American stance, but every report they are saying is about some country in the 'Muslim World' where something has just happened and terrible pictures. I don't know why anyway, people can talk about a 'muslim world'. It doesn't exist. It is every man for himself. And how can you have a community, when it is ruled by puppets and people who dont work for the national interest of their country. Somalia should emulate Singapore and forget about muslim world, islamic culture and arab.

N.O.R.F   

Peacenow

It is every man for himself. And how can you have a community, when it is ruled by puppets and people who dont work for the national interest of their country. Somalia should emulate Singapore and
forget about muslim world, islamic culture and arab

I was about to agree with you but for the bit in bold. Somalia left Islam and thats the very reason it is where it is today and not because of it.

Peacenow   

My dear Northerner, I respect you and your wise posts. But we have to really live in the real world. The position of the so called Muslim world is in a deadly and calamoutius position. It is a rot. We have to decide, do we really want live in the real world? Do you like what you see? Or do you move ahead with a single minded pursuit of the national interest?

There is no muslim community, countries have no friends, countries never do things simply because it is nice or would benefit them in the 'day of judgement'.

Somalis have been reduced to nothing more than serving as the foot soliders of arabs. When they need potential sucide bombers, they go to the Somali community, whether it be Australia, UK or US in the mosques where they go and they brainwash them. It is as if that is the only thing Somalis are good for.

The day we can reject this fatalistic culture that glorifies death and promotes arab over Somali and then the worship of arabs, is the day when Somalia can advance.

N.O.R.F   

^^I just dont agree with a country not running on Sheria. It will take time for things to evolve and maybe lessons can be learned from other non-Muslim countries but a full distance no Islamic law etc is not right.

Take where I am for example. There is a lady we know who lost her dear husband (Allah yarxamu). They had a joint account but cant have the money purely because of the bank's greed. The man was Egyptian and she is British. Now if they or one of them was a national then there would be no problems. Her two sons are at Uni in UK. In the UK she would have got her money regardless of her nationality etc.

This is what i mean by Muslims not fully following Islam. Picking and choosing. This is only a small example but when this sort of principle of picking and choosing is adopted within law and politics then the seeds of corruption and discontent begin to crack the country.

I suspect it's because they have been there too long.

The position of the so called Muslim world is in a deadly and calamoutius position. It is a rot. We have to decide, do we really want live in the real world? Do you like what you see?

Somalia should emulate Singapore and forget about muslim world, islamic culture

Many muslim nations are in dire situations, hence we must abandon Islam?

Peacenow, your cries for others to abandon (or dilute their practice of) your former religion are rather pathetic symptoms of your recent apostasy.

It's the UnIslamic behaviour of its people which detroyed this Godfosaken country. a Godfearing people always lead a clean living, and a prosperous life. maxa kale ee isku dhalaaliyay?

Malika   

Ms DD, they are reer magaal dear..lol, had you ever watched a wedding video from Italy, you might mistake the somali wedding to a lingala [Congolese]music video..lol

Back to the topic,Is the exposure of Islam in which ever way portrayed, good or bad for Muslims.

Originally posted by Ms Dhucdhuc & Dheylo:

I always wonder why the Somalis in Italy dont care much for their deen.

I also wouldnt want a country being run on Sharia law .. shall we add london to the soulless too ;)

Elysian   

Almost every fifth person on this planet is a muslim, and the countries populated by muslims are many. The countries Munira listed have not just muslim population as a common denominator. I'm sure if you'd remove islam from these societies you'd still have problem.