Sign in to follow this  
Scientist

********TOGANE WAS RIGHT********

Those who were criticising Prof Togane eat your words, the guy said the truth, and what we witnessed from Mogadishu for the last few days vindicated the guy, and tell us the real picture of these people. They thrive on anarchy, they love lawlesness, they hate law and order, they can't rule themselves and don't want to be ruled. What we witnessed in mugadishu is this.

1) the Isbaaros are back with revenge, Qanyare and Co are charging double the money before.

2) The warlords are refusing to accept what they built with their hands and that is the new so calld Mogadishu adminstration, Qanyare says No, Yalaxow says Nei, Caato says screw it.

3)Ruthless war and anarchy is burning in Kaaraan.

4) and the SOL cheerleaders are still cheering truiphently, and deffend the undeffendable

So tell me Togane was not right.

Dhubad.   

I must say Mogadishu warlords do not want to see peace in Somalia at all :

1. For the past 15 years they derailed all the peace processes.

2. They all voted for Abdullahi Yusuf – although Eng Cadow was most suited for the position however, they went ahead for voting him - and in two weeks later they were against him (strange)

3. Now, they initiated building Administration for Banadir Region and guess what, they refused it again before even the people in the region have their say...!

These guys are taking us hostages.

Yeniceri   

Originally posted by Scientist:

They
thrive on anarchy,
they
love lawlesness,
they
hate law and order,
they
can't rule themselves and don't want to be ruled.

I must say you're taking the concept of us-and-them to new heights.

Are you better than them (whoever "them" may be)?

When I say them, it means them, it means anyone who advocates FOWDO, so if you are not one of them you don't have to worry, lets talk streight guys, the reason we are in this mess for the last 15 years is coz we shay away from the truth, lets say loud and clear "Muqdisho is the land of lawless, missery,and anarchy" so if you have a problem with that, then you are as sick as the warlords".

Xoogsade   

Warlord Qanyare was an advocate for the formation of new banadir Government pretending he was a concerned father figure who was unhappy with an outsider(A/Y) making a mockery of the town and its affliated clans. This Walord left no stone unturned to a point where he sent people with boards to go after men he thought opposed his plan to bring a new dawn to the town

Finally, When everyone else accepted his proposal, the town was declared nontribal and everyone in town, no matter how small or large a community is, must be represented. The canditates came from all communities including people of gedo who live in Xamar and others as well. A vote was held and a man among the candidates was given 53 out of the 56 votes which repestend 56 communities in the town.

Qanyare got upset because his man in the race who was from his tribe lost. Consequently, he deployed some Thugs from his subtribe loyal to him in Bakaaraha market entrance. His fellow Warlord Atto couldn't convince him to accept the outcome. So the town and its residents, once more, is a hostage to one man who isn't happy with the outcome of something potentially useful to his own people.

Scientist is happy about that because to him, failure in that part of Somalia means the failure of the tribes who live there, therefore, it proves his theory that they are inferior to his nobleness. The fact that the majority of the residents are fed up and want change, that they would support any effort towards progress, means little to a hypocrite like Scientist screaming every where "Look, These people, that people". Munaafqanimada dhibkeedey leedahay. This is a guy who was unhappy about the efforts made by the town's people to form a local government few days ago, now that some godless warlord resorted to his religion of thuggery again to distrub the peace, no wonder so called scientist is jubilant.

Salaan...

Xoogsade, this so-called Banaadir council ineen shaqeynin awalba waala ogaa. However, it was a first anything the majority of warlords agreed to form. It failed before it began because Max'ed Qanyare, and Muuse Suudi too, was tricked.

In the warlordom of the backroom qabyaalad politics, it was agreed there should be no legitimate election, that waxaa sheekada lagu qeybsanaa a la 4.5 qabyaalad ratio. The election would only be a window-dressing. Waxa qeybsanaayo waxee ahayeen "1" full clan; this clan's sub-clans agreed which each gets. It was agreed Muuse Yalaxoow's clan would both get the guddoomiyaha and duqa magaalada titles. Other clans will get sub-titles. If this didn't work, Qanyare agreed to plan B: His sub-clan was allowed to get the guddoomiyaha degmada portfolio, regardless of anything.

Well, a certain sub-clan switched the light and tried to overthrow the agreed backroom politics.

In the world of warlord's domain, Qanyare was cheated squarely and has every reason to be mad.

There was no fair election either, because the guy who was supposed to challenge didn't participate and boycotted it. Those who voted are powerless in Xamar. On the top of that was bribed. Have you noticed why there was no candidate from Muuse Suudi's clan? Waxii la isku raacay baa meesha laga saaray.

Another thing, historically speaking, with exception of few instances, the mayor of Muqdisho always belonged to two clans who founded and lived the town and nawaaxigeeda: Reer Xamar and Yalaxoow's major clan. Hadee dhab ka tahay this council Reer Xamarkii Xamar dhisay, oo found gareeye two seats mala siyeen, kuwii gobolada dhexe ka yimaadeyna triple of that. It just doesn't make sense, though in this twisted Soomaali world of the more gun one owns, the more that clan gets.

Gabbal   

^This is the first time in a long time I find myself in agreement with you duqa.

:D @ Xoogsade's take on the situation. That is a classic case of "iska qor".

Xoogsade   

Miskiin, The only person up to date who expressed discontent and deployed his clan militia was Qanyare. I haven't read or heard Yalaxoow expressing displeasure. read any news media? I usually call back home during weekends to get the scoop. I haven't heard of bribery either although I wouldn't be surprised if that had a hand too. As for representation in formation of government, history has little significance today and much have changed. Basically, sanity demands that to get matters moving forward, we have to deal with the status quo in the hopes that the future will redress and correct past mistakes.

This effort was one every warlord who mattered attended and Qanyare was actually the one who spearheaded the whole effort. There was no one subclan but many subclans and clans who were from afar. Qanyare's candidate was a no show but people decided the election would go on.

They can try again with more justice to satisfy everyone although that is impossible.

In any case, it seems the warlords have learned to talk rather than fight and kill innocents in the process.

Kashanre.

Waa runtaa, if a post doesn't satisfy you somehow, it is just iska qor :D It is common knowledge that somalis mostly see news through specially tailored binoculars. What did Gedo news write about the issue? LOL.

Gabbal   

^Sxb with all due respect, there is no denying that a sub-clan has managed to stage an unexpected coup. A coup that managed to destroy the Benaadir peace process, alienate major players, divide allies, cripple the peace-building efforts, and has led Muqdisho to regress rather then progress. I daresay the men who planned and carried out that coup weren't aware of the consequences!

What did Gedo news write about the issue? LOL

Does it matter? I can give what Dayniile, Shabelle, HornAfrik, etc wrote about it though.

Xoogsade   

I see you changed from "subclans" to one "subclan". I rest my case. And yes, the other online sources would be useful as well. I don't mind reading all the tribal views online as I am aware news is relative. I already read Hiiraan Online Article regarding the issue.

Muqdisho had been devided already politically and nothing was moving forward.

Gabbal   

Muqdisho had been devided already politically and nothing was moving forward.

Intriguing. You laid a fruedian slip in the middle of basket. Honestly, how would you have reacted if Scientist or our infamous Yoonis had written those words?

You would be a prime test subject for psychology schoole. Honestly kuma caynayi, laakiin I am serious. ;)

Xoogsade   

Kashanre, waad iska hadashaa for the sake of it and always look for holes in what people write as if that uplifts your down spirit. It would be nice if what you quote all the time from others or you percieve to be a case against them to be of anything sensible.

The line you quoted from me pointed out the actual state of Muqdisho before the last devision. On one side, you had officials named by the TFG in Jowhar to spearhead changes in the town, and on the other, there were these warlords opposing them on the grounds that the Jowhar-TFG named these officials without the consent of Muqdisho(them). Doesn't such constitute political devision and stagnation? I only stated such fact. You can compare that to what others write about Muqdisho. In reality, anyone uninformed about Muqdisho and its complete status, and who reads comments written in places like this, would surely get the impression of a city devoid of any life. Theirs are not statements generated out of love and concern but sheer bias in the least if not outright hatred and an obsession to defame whole clans. I would love to see brotherly concern from these individuals and to make me and the rest feel that they share our concern and pain. I am not interested in hate and bigotry.

Anyways, If you are obsessed with me, it is okay, you will get what you are looking for. But try harder. You may find some serious "Slips" in the future.

PS: You have insulted yourself Only :D

Yeniceri   

Originally posted by Scientist:

When I say them, it means them, it means anyone who advocates
FOWDO
..."Muqdisho is the land of lawless, missery,and anarchy" so if you have a problem with that, then you are as sick as the warlords".

Really...? You're intention was to criticize people who cause "FOWDO" (havoc) in Somalia? Strange that you mention only Muqdisho.

Wixii Muqdisho ka dhaca aniga lama yaabo ileen waa meel aan maamul midaysan ka jirin. Laakinse waxaa layaab igu noqotay meelo la sheegey inuu maamul ka jiro (sida Puntland) oo waxyaalaha ka dhaca kuu cadeenayaan inuusan wax maamul ah jirin.

View these two examples with me:

Garowe Online: "Yaa ka danbeeyay is-rasaaseyntii ka dhacday Garoowe?"

AllPuntland.com: Taliyaha ciidanka daraawiishta Puntland iyo maamulka gobolka Nugaal oo kawada hadlay ammaanka xabsiga Garoowe kadib markii ay maxaabiis ka baxsatay.

Beneath the ears and the noses of the Puntland "administration", thugs are exchaning money extracted from illegal activities (sea piracy, in this case) and a group of prisoners escaped from Garowe Central Prison (the same prison, need I remind you, within whose walls two inmates sentenced to death were executed by angry clansmen).

So my question to you is: Meeshaa (i.e. Garoowe) miyaysan FOWDO ka jirin? Mise sheekadu waa wixii xunba Xaawa (i.e. Xamar) leh?