Sign in to follow this  
Kashafa

Somalinimo-on-steroids

RedSea   

Originally posted by Northerner:

NOTE: Somalinimo should be practiced before it is preached in order to be taken seriously.

Silaanyo has spoken out and Hadraawi is an active advocate for peace and unity both at the grand old ages of 70+. Seems as though my adeerayaal are practicing more Somalinimo than yours
icon_razz.gif

ayman to that brotha! :D

What Hadraawi and many of my adeeros are doing is noble saaxib mr. Sophist, you simply dismissed it to be poisonious. That is what I call hadal bilaa macni.

me   

Originally posted by Stealth:

mr. me, (saved you for last).

Saaxib, the Somaliland leadership needs to change, Riyale needs to go, a better Muslim, leader who is working for the mere interests of the people not EThiopia is something I hope to see.

For people to get along, live together, being happy is something we all want, it's God given right in that sense.

I am saying and my position is whether we are under two different flags or Presidents we can STILL have one objective, we can have one interest, we can help each other against the enemey of both of you and I. This is union in different perspective. We can be allies against those who try to harm any somali anywhere.

I know that EThiopia doesn't care whether we( you and I) are from Hargeysa as oppose to the ones in Xamar or else where, I know that, and I am fully aware.

Thats no reason for secession ( I see that you are still trying to justify the existance of the secessionist entity and the secessionist idea). We can do all this in a more effective way in a democratic, free, fair and just Somali state, where the rights of all sections of the Somali society are guaranteed. Why shouldn't we work towards that goal, instead of taking half measures that are actually getting us further away from the solution?

1. A united Somalia would be able to defend its interests in the region, two or more allied mini-states would actually be weaker then one unitory state.

2. Economic intergration between the Somali regions in good for all Somali regions and in a united Somali state in would only come natural.

3. How can we divide our people with such a flimsy case?

4. There are needless high tensions between the people of Northern Somalia, that could soon escalate to a full war if the secessionists push for war. That would also mean that the admirable peace that the entity has enjoyed for the last decade or so and its fruits could be lost.

My advice to the secessionist entity and its leadership is come to the negotiating table and lets work our minor differneces out.

RedSea   

^blah blah, read my previous posts.

no one is dividing anyone. If people can't live under one admin, or don't want the same flag to be raised on the poles near them, then that doesn't mean division.

your advice is without substance, you can't advice anyone mr. me, go do what you preach, no advice taken. Sorry brotha.

Though I could careless of how you twist it or turn it, fact remains fact. With allied somali nations, who have the same objective, same enemy to combat, along with economic relations etc....can still accomplish alot, I mean alot more than the last dictatorship regime which we were united under had done.

As for this quote below, I just have to say I find it 'funny'.

We can do all this in a more effective way in a democratic, free, fair and just Somali state, where the rights of all sections of the Somali society are guaranteed. Why shouldn't we work towards that goal, instead of taking half measures that are actually getting us further away from the solution?

All that and more can be done by Somaliland, instead of democracy though, I would love to see the Islamic sharica implemented in these areas...that is the only change I would make.

But hey I know it's hard for you to believe that Somaliland would be able to do 'rightous' things, just because in your own little nutshel world or within your nightmarish dreams, you see Somaliland as ghost town where no good ever comes up or where the sun never seems to brighten the day.

Sorry sir.

me   

Badacase, is daji dee. Maxaa ku helay? :D

ps. since when do you belong to the secessionist leadership, I mistakenly thought you was the mob. My appologies.

Sophist   

North my dear brother, I haven't been silent; on the contarary I have actively working behind the scenes to stop the madness that was unfolding in Mogadishu with little sucess I might add.

SSC (Sool, Sanaag Cayn) and WAT (Waqooyi galbeed, Awdal and Togdheer) are part and parcel of Somalia. In WAT he people are misled by few opportunistic individuals who don't care about their well-being.

Soomaaliya Soomaali baa leh.

N.O.R.F   

Saaxib, all sides are being misled to an extent. Lets just hope for the best and let things unfold. An interesting period in Somali history is upon us.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Ayoubow
, it’s very simple adee; ****** is a political reality in the North! Their hostile stance against secessionism is necessitated by the mulish stances of the separatist folks like you! The minute you guys give up this crazy idea of dividing Somalia into mini clannish enclaves, the sooner this ****** thing weakens and loses its strength! Until then I think it need be there as it serves a very important function
:D
!

Filinkaa hore baan udaawaday! :D I'm sure you'll invent another use for it when the "cold war" is over. ;)

This clannish agenda didn't lose its strength after the Union of 1960, in fact it mushroomed into MOD. What's gonna make it different this time? Was it not Col Yey who sent Col Afguduud to Lascanood, and is not Yey and Afguduud in Kismayo now? All in the name of Unity/Somalinimo of course. You choose to split hairs and support one clannish mission while condemning the other.

Again you didn't tell me where you would stop with your secession exercise, and that's quite telling adeer!!

I've told you before Somaliland is out the way it came in. Not 2/3 of what came in not 3/4 of what came into the Union. That's how the rest of "shanta Soomaali" (not enclaves) portrayed in your flag should decide their destiny, don't you agree? I've challenged you to name representatives of Somalilanders that were not present when the decision to withdraw from the Union was taken in 1991, you failed to respond. I've asked if you think majority of Somalilanders are pro Somali Republic, you ducked again! What is your argument apart from Yey-conspired clanish agenda?

ps--Dooddu madax bay leedahay. Haseyeeshe waxay u muuqataa inaad minjaheeda jeclaatay
:D
!

Nice try! :D

Adeer I asked a simple question and you decided to take me wild goose-chasing with arguments used by dimwits of SOL. You even startled me by asking me "who are you" (read "yaa tahay macalinka noh?") Is it possible to get a straight answer to the above question yaa Xiin?

Sophist   

North Walaale, Waxaan ogahay raga qaarkii iney Somaliland ugu caano badineyso, laakiin hade ragaas lagama helo Bariga Burco! ka raadi galbeedka.

Sophist

PS: The other night I was with couple of my mates and I suggested Siilaanyo should be given a chance! "Waar xaguu xukumi Siilaanyo" was the response that came from a chap from Gabiley!. I am sure you know what they mean?

NGONGE   

^^ Yesterday, I mistakenly decided to change my root home and take a bus instead of the tube. I sat behind two old Somali ladies (who must have mistaken me for an Ethiopian; as many people do). They were talking about this same person (Silaanyo) and suggesting that he should be given the job of President Of Somalia! Not surprisingly, the two ladies were from Somaliland (I actually, being an amateur and all that, can even pinpoint their clans). They carried on talking about what a great welcome the refugees from the South were afforded and how even Al Jazeera TV was singing the praises of Somaliland. :D

N.O.R.F   

^^ :D

Originally posted by Sophist:

North Walaale, Waxaan ogahay raga qaarkii iney Somaliland ugu caano badineyso, laakiin hade ragaas lagama helo Bariga Burco! ka raadi galbeedka.

Sophist

PS: The other night I was with couple of my mates and I suggested Siilaanyo should be given a chance! "Waar xaguu xukumi Siilaanyo" was the response that came from a chap from Gabiley!. I am sure you know what they mean?

Not sure what this has to do with the topic here but anyway.

Saxib, it depends on how you look at things. Its a sad trait amongst all Somalis. Some have been accused of not accepting A Qasim as the president of Somalia along the same lines i.e. 'cidkale Somalia ma xukumi karto'. A poisonous mentality i know. No democracy is perfect let alone an African entity coming out of a civil war wanting independence! Things will take time to develop and Utopia doesnt come over night. Something the anti SL brigade need to realise and stop pointing at SL political imperfections.

Everyone knows Siilaanyo won the last presidential election saaxib including those guys from Gabiley. You should ask them where that mysterious ballot box arrived from :D

Having said that, the old man protested but accepted defeat to avoid tensions turning into violence. For that he should be commended. Another example of Somalinimo ;)

ps who needs civil service jobs when you have renound poets, the most land and the most millionaires :D

Now what have you been saying to those who shout Somalinimo yet practice otherwise ie the TFG camp? Are they wrong in anyway? Am i right to assert they misunderstand Somalinimo? Do tell akhil kariim.

Sophist   

It has everything to do with it as you think that Bariga Burco will have a lion share within SL and not in the Somali government-- I was pointing out that is not the case.

Soomaaliya ayaa inawada deeqda maandhoow. The wolf crying of some SL people is getting tiring; the enlightened of them realise the foolishness of the whole scheme but continue to mislead the masses.

Sophist

PS: I am sure sou don't expect me to divulge such national security info in this forum?

PS:

N.O.R.F   

Sophist

Who is SL going to unite with? Warlords? (91-2004) a warlord govnt? (2004-present). You see Sophist real Somalinimo comes from recognizing where it is lacking rather than stating it for ‘aesthetic’ reasons and blaming others. I see your reluctance to state that it is lacking in many quarters of the unity sayers and the current govnt in particular. Even those in parts of the SSC regions see this hence their ‘neutral’ position.

Unity has conditions/pre-requisits attached. Its more than a seat in govnt ;)

Sophist   

In dreams disunity exists. There is no re-uniting; we are one country. Wiilasha caroodeyna guno waa lasiin doonaa maandhoow smile.gif

Fabregas   

I fail to buy the argument that the people in Somaliland are been hijacked by a few individuals( politicians0. I would say a large number of people do support seccession.