Sign in to follow this  
Kashafa

Somalinimo-on-steroids

Emperor   

Well since the SSC is not considering 'such a move' then there will be no referendum in that region. So there will be a Somalia wide referendum or there will be no referendum at all. The division of Somalia is a move that will affect all Somalis and therefore all Somalis should get the right to vote on such an important issue. If the secessionist mafia is not open to reason well then the options will be very limited.

If Somaliland as the entity that wants to seccessede from Somalia should have the right to vote on a referedem and only Somaliland alone, then I think the SSC regions as the entity that wants to seccessde from the rest of Somaliland should have the right to vote on a referrendam, and only them alone....

RedSea   

I agree with Cara and Castro.

mr. me, lol...so somaliland wants to seceed so they could opress other qabiils? only mr. me would believe that, only mr. me.

P,

that is from personal judgement, you would be right, if we were to speak for each qabiil. however Somaliland isn't just saying we should take referendum based on each clan' choices, but by region.

the referendum would be 1 ballot, just like normal voting standards, which would be taken from each areas, state, region etc..which is refered as Somaliland, in that case some would be against and some for it, however at the end the majority of the votes would be counted. That is just how it's, aside from our persoanl judgments. That is how the world would look at it. You can say that is unfair or unjust, yes it's injustice when having people' wishes denied however the world thinks very differently to say the least.

They use something called the will of the majority.

And for the case of Somaliland to be valid, the rest of Somalia would need to vote upon it, however we dont' have somalia, therefore we shouldn't be discussing anything else, since our brotherens in the South are being killed, raped and occupied. Yes I do agree this is the wrong time.

me   

Originally posted by Castro:

We're all united in occupation people. While you're arguing over the insignificant Somaliland and even less significant Sool, Sanaag and Cayn, here's the larger picture:

1) NFD (occupied by Kenya since 1964)

2) Oggadeen (occupied by Ethiopia since 1948)

3) Somaliland (occupied* by Ethiopia since 1991)

4) Puntland (occupied* by Ethiopia since some time in the 90's, exact time unclear)

5) Southern Somalia (occupied by Ethiopia since 2006)

6) Djibouti (Occupied by the US since 2002)

* The occupations of Somaliland and Puntland have resulted in little resistance to the occupation and, therefore, are unofficial.

So anyone who's having wet dreams of Somalinimo and unity needs to chew on this.

SSC kulahaa. What myopia!

I have realized that you and NGONGE have one thing in common. Are you two on a mission to kill hope? You keep talking about Somalinimo and unity as if they are some disease. Why don't you come up with alternatives instead of being commentators that are always looking negatively at the situation. The situation is far from perfect, but its only a challenge that many Somalis are willing to take on. The Somali nation might be under occupation by qabyaalad, but we will prevail. Ogow anagaa guusha leh.

You chew on that, with your defeatist talk.

Paragon   

Originally posted by me:

A question for you paragon, where do the borders of one clan end and the borders of others start?

The end point at which their camels and sheep graze.

RedSea   

^kkkk, hadii uugeelu wada taakhona ama adhigu?

Emperor,

okay, shall we also say that people in Muqdisho should vote on the legitimacy of the TFG?

'fad ama ha fadin, waa lagu fadsiin' by Emperor. lool

RedSea   

^kkkk, hadii uugeelu wada taakhona ama adhigu?

Emperor,

okay, shall we also say that people in Muqdisho should vote on the legitimacy of the TFG?

'fad ama ha fadin, waa lagu fadsiin' by Emperor. lool

me   

Badacase well done. You have made my point for me. The TFG and the secessionist mafia are the same and are of the same caliber, both treasonous entities that are in the pockets of our enemies with the mission of dividing our people.

Me and Che, I see what you mean. What about referendum for Somaliland [asking if they would like to secede] and one for the SSC [asking if they would like to go with Somaliland or stay with Somalia proper]?

That's completely Ootay as long as the wishes of the masses or more specifically tribes are respected by every entity in the former republic.

Bacadacas......Somaliland isn't breaking away to oppress anyone, but it should atleast learn to respect the wishes of every Somali as they would respect yours. For an entity who is hell bent on secession while demanding respect of your sovereignty, your kind should atleast understand the meaning of self determination.

SOO MAAL   

Red sea

Siyaasada soomalidu waa mid lagu wareerayo, oo waliba danbi badan, markaa hadalka waan soo gaabinayaa, horaana u dhiibtay rayi’geega ku aadan arrinta midnimada iyo kala goygeenta, markaa waxba kuma soocelinayo, waayo muranku khayr malaha

Let us not question each other's characters here

I am not questioning your character, don’t misunderstand, my point is we had an understanding

I assumed we were on the same page to respect the people of Northcentral Somalia if they want to be part of Somalia, and respect people of Northwest if they want to secede and have their own independent state, maybe I was wrong

Labadeenu hishiis baanu aheen waan umaleenayey, markaa khalad haa iga fahmin igana raali ahow

I must bring something to your attention, garaad canood as well as well as Aaliyah,

Did they say that people from Northwest should be forced to be part of Somalia?

How about Ayoub, Northerner, castro and roobled?

Cara

one for the SSC

I agree with the two referendum proposal

If there is referendum, there will be two separate referendum one for the pro-secession region – northwest/somaliland, and another one for the pro-union region – northcentral/SSC

Anyway, the whole issue is premature. No referendums or secessions while Somalia is in turmoil. Only in a stable democracy can we consider such petty matters.

True, no referendum will happen anytime soon, unless the political climate changes

Emperor   

Stealth = Red sea, waa yaab, sxb ninkan magacyo badalasho badadaa, I have had my break from SOL for only few days... Mase waji Cusub baan arkaa, cabaar baan raadinayay qofkaa runti LOL

Sxb you confusing us big time, Maxaa kuhelay horta hal waad ku kalsoonaan waydee, Calankina kuwi watay ayaad kusoo biirtay LOL Malaha waa qaabka ugu fiican oo aqoonsi lagu helaa mase annagaad Xooga nagu baraysaa, indhihi yaadba nagaga ridayee

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Sophist:

I stand by what I said; Soomalinimo YES Qabiileysi No!!

Northener: Maandhoow it seems you have been conversing with your adeeradaa of late; what a tosh they have fed you bro!. Be careful yaa ibn Akhii of their poisinious miasma!.

LOL

Likewise. Your regurgitation of the ‘official party line’ in your previous post did not go unnoticed ya Sophist. How convenient the shout for Somalinimo is today just like your silence over the past few months ;)

NOTE: Somalinimo should be practiced before it is preached in order to be taken seriously.

Silaanyo has spoken out and Hadraawi is an active advocate for peace and unity both at the grand old ages of 70+. Seems as though my adeerayaal are practicing more Somalinimo than yours icon_razz.gif

RedSea   

Soo maal,

Saaxib, aniga position kayga sifiican ayaad utaqaan. Sidii aad utaqaanay uun weeye. Taan kahadlayaa waxay weeye that we shouldn't make things personal. Aaliyah thinks I am rude and somethings to that effect, that is not cool bro.

^^my two cents of calalcal. lol

Emperor,

It's May 18th, that is why I have the flag up bro...lasoco hada.

mr. me, (saved you for last).

Saaxib, the Somaliland leadership needs to change, Riyale needs to go, a better Muslim, leader who is working for the mere interests of the people not EThiopia is something I hope to see.

For people to get along, live together, being happy is something we all want, it's God given right in that sense.

I am saying and my position is whether we are under two different flags or Presidents we can STILL have one objective, we can have one interest, we can help each other against the enemey of both of you and I. This is union in different perspective. We can be allies against those who try to harm any somali anywhere.

I know that EThiopia doesn't care whether we( you and I) are from Hargeysa as oppose to the ones in Xamar or else where, I know that, and I am fully aware.