Sign in to follow this  
Kashafa

Somalinimo-on-steroids

NGONGE   

^^ Where, how and when did they get banned? I'd like to see that thread so that I learn a lesson from their mistakes :D

Sophist   

I stand by what I said; Soomalinimo YES Qabiileysi No!!

Northener: Maandhoow it seems you have been conversing with your adeeradaa of late; what a tosh they have fed you bro!. Be careful yaa ibn Akhii of their poisinious miasma!.

RedSea   

^So you must be the rightous one?

Soo maal,

Now look red sea aka stealth isn't denying the people in Sool, parts of sanaag their right to choose or decide their own destiny, however we need to understand how the world works.

....and yes referendum would be taken in Somaliland aka British Somaliland, the world does recognise these areas to be 'Somaliland' though not internationally recognised as seperate nation.

When the status of nationhood is ready to be granted, one thing is certain sool and most parts of Sanaag would protest against it, thus as result referendum would be taken, I expect 90% of reer sool to vote no to seccession and most parts of Sanaag as well, however they would be overwhelmed by the majority of votes coming from Hargeysa, Awdal, Togdheer, saaxil, therefore I am afraid seccession would go into effect.

That is how things would shape up, red sea didnt' say it or made it up, but that is how things work or shall I say that is how the cookie crumbles.

Now, I must bring something to your attention, garaad canood as well as well as Aaliyah, because I don't understand this direct questions. You can disagree with that, however don't come after me, as though I was 'good' before and now suddenly I have become 'bad boy'. Let us not question each other's characters here, it's only cyber space sxb. Learn to live with it.

Nabadey.

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Castro:

quote:Originally posted by Khalaf:

and it seems Ebyan was banned

And not a moment too soon. Too bad WS let the immature and incoherent ramblings of a teenager get under her skin. In chess they call this losing a queen to a pawn.
ninyahow wa ku sidey? Duuqa Castro it aint cool to hold “grudge” against inanta because u had exchanges aiit. taan labaad u ever hear raagu aafaaraha dumarka ma dax gaalaan? Ka da bax labaada gabdaho, haaadaad rageedi thay.

Here's the thread NG, the post of Ebyan when she said people back home are living in 4 world conditions was deleted, I saw no personalization of the topic whatsoever, other then saying calacal in which many do here including myself to be fair. Compare there little chit chat to SOL's own Moderator here. I was called confused, gallouble, easily diseaved, and more so my wadaadnimo, and religion was brought in to the topic? hmmm, more personal dont u think? Admin seems to be ignorning me, and told me they are fair, i am just telling it how i see it, since i consider myself a good and fair judge. SOL doesnt belong to Admin but the nomads who contribute to it. I think the whole set up is biased namean, i find it funny that how the only two sisters exchanges in the politics section are seen as “immature squabbles”, but when the fellas do the same, going back and forth duo's its all good. Sexism in this case? Giving slack to "oldies" who use qabil names ect and easily cutting the "newbies" that slip one time? Fair? I think Not.

RedSea   

Abti,

I too could see the two sisters had a bit of heated discussion against one another, I hoped that would end because Abyan decided to not support the TFG for personal choices.

They could have been warned perhaps to end their hostilities, however banning them is something I wouldn't do.

Hablaha soo celiya):

most parts of Sanaag as well, however they would be overwhelmed by the majority of votes coming from Hargeysa, Awdal, Togdheer, saaxil, therefore I am afraid seccession would go into effect.

If it is majority vote that would decide the faith of Somaliland, then just referendum would have to extend into Somalia proper since Somaliland is legaly part of Somalia.

Khalaf   

^^^Red it was not heated exchange or "hostilities" why cause they females they must of been hostile miya?. How is it any different then u and brother me eh, or Duke and Abwaan exchanges? I think because they were females it was seen as "immature squabbels" miya? Both of those sisters i respected, and i dont give respect due to biasnimo as u seem here to bringing Ebyan's support for the TFG into equation. Sxbow everyone knows gabartaas was articulate and a heavy weight in political section. they were both intelligent and nice girls, I am doing my part do yours duuqa, private admin.

Edit: i got cha Red my fault in what u meant by her support for TFG.

Cara.   

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

quote: most parts of Sanaag as well, however they would be overwhelmed by the majority of votes coming from Hargeysa, Awdal, Togdheer, saaxil, therefore I am afraid seccession would go into effect.

If it is majority vote that would decide the faith of Somaliland, then just referendum would have to extend into Somalia proper since Somaliland is legaly part of Somalia.
How do you figure that? Usually a referendum on secession is held only in the region considering such a move. A Somalia-wide referendum hardly seems justifiable.

RedSea   

^ehem it was a cat fight lool...what kinda a man wouldn't like to see cat fight going on, the admin must be old...lol...oopz.

Che,

is that according to you or according to the world, the UN standards?

Cara..Imposing the will of Hargieas on people from SSC is not justifiable either. They should have the right to decide their own destiny, not be muzzled by the elites in the north.

Red...It is only fair Duqa regardless what man made mandates you are following.

me   

Originally posted by Cara:

quote:Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

quote:

most parts of Sanaag as well, however they would be overwhelmed by the majority of votes coming from Hargeysa, Awdal, Togdheer, saaxil, therefore I am afraid seccession would go into effect.

How do you figure that? Usually a referendum on secession is held only in the region considering such a move. A Somalia-wide referendum hardly seems justifiable.
Well since the SSC is not considering 'such a move' then there will be no referendum in that region. So there will be a Somalia wide referendum or there will be no referendum at all. The division of Somalia is a move that will affect all Somalis and therefore all Somalis should get the right to vote on such an important issue. If the secessionist mafia is not open to reason well then the options will be very limited.

Paragon   

I don't think you realise that if referendum is to held, the whole matter would be tribalized. Many mistakes have been made previously by dividing tribes into different countries. So I think each clan would be made to decide its future. Reer Sool and Sanaag as tribes and reer Togdheer and Awdal as tribes may equally have the same privilage. At least that is how I believe things would happen. It could be different!

me   

A question for you paragon, where do the borders of one clan end and the borders of others start?

Castro   

We're all united in occupation people. While you're arguing over the insignificant Somaliland and even less significant Sool, Sanaag and Cayn, here's the larger picture:

1) NFD (occupied by Kenya since 1964)

2) Oggadeen (occupied by Ethiopia since 1948)

3) Somaliland (occupied* by Ethiopia since 1991)

4) Puntland (occupied* by Ethiopia since some time in the 90's, exact time unclear)

5) Southern Somalia (occupied by Ethiopia since 2006)

6) Djibouti (Occupied* by the US since 2002)

* The occupations of Somaliland, Puntland and Djibouti have resulted in little resistance to the occupation and, therefore, are unofficial.

So anyone who's having wet dreams of Somalinimo and unity needs to chew on this.

SSC kulahaa. What myopia!

Cara.   

Me and Che, I see what you mean. What about referendum for Somaliland [asking if they would like to secede] and one for the SSC [asking if they would like to go with Somaliland or stay with Somalia proper]?

Anyway, the whole issue is premature. No referendums or secessions while Somalia is in turmoil. Only in a stable democracy can we consider such petty matters.