Sign in to follow this  
Kashafa

Somalinimo-on-steroids

RedSea   

Originally posted by Baashi:

Baaruud,

You are confused. Somaliland is here. They are our people. We disagree with the admin with their secession drive. We are not going to let them speak for those who are capable of speaking for themselves! No one hates you!!! There is no reason to do that. You just have to learn the fact that folks reasonable folks can and will disagree on matters of large importance.

NO , I am not confused brother. The fact of the matter is no one is disputing or denying anyone their right to agree/disagree. I am not expecting you to agree with me nor from anyone else, however on what bases we disagree on and whether or not we use facts on our arguments is what I am after.

How about if I write out bunch of lies and pass it along as if it's nothing but the truth. Shouldn't I have the right to counter that and even insult such low inteligence. Well that is the case with mr. me, he doesn't know what he is talking about most of the time. And he doesn't reason with facts majority of the time.

I gave some precise example of his weak and mere fictional statements that he makes constantly. One of the is that he can't enjoy life in Hargyesa, because he believes he would be killed.. That is not reasonable saaxib and that is exactly what we are after here and are trying to tell him to stop lying about facts.

Aaliyyah   

Robleh, If Somalia is divisible, definitely the irrelevant old British colony is as well divisible

Keep talking about your unionist arguments but leave Somaliland alone.

You should leave Somalia alone and respect its territorial integrity first

Whether parts of Somaliland are happy or not should not concern you. We will deal with it peacefully Insha Allah.

Well whether few parts of Somalia are happy or not shouldn’t concern you as well, because it will be solved peacefully.

You should respect the right of self-determination of pro-union regions within former British colony, if people were to respect the secession project of Northwest region

This kind of argument is as silly as the argument of the man who wanted to share his pair of shoes with another man. When the man refused, he said, "give me your shoes then." I know it is a terrible example, but so does the pro-union argument.

This following argument is even more foolish and outrageous

There was one man carrying weapons, he saw two men each one of them had his own laptop, he forced and ordered the two men to give up their 2 laptops, the 2 men surrendered, after 3 months the robber was found and jailed. Now the problem is one of the two men claiming that he should own both Laptops, because the robber was enjoying the 2 Laptops for 3 months and the 2 Laptops had one robber. This is a horrible and a worse example then former, and so does the pro-secession argument, it doesn’t make sense.

RedSea   

Aaliyah,

If referendum was taken today based on who want to secede in Somaliland vs. those who don't, what do you think the outcome would be?

RedSea   

Originally posted by AYOUB:

^^ Adeer what number are you? (warning: that was a trick question coz Red and Xanthus might dig up somethig that leaves egg on one's face)

Don't quit this thead once again will you?
smile.gif

It's funny isn't it of how masakiin Somaliland joogta oon somali waxba ugaysan lala mid dhigayo dhiigya cabka Xamar? funny indeed.

If we deserved to be compared to the TFG, then what the hell are we waiting for? let us terrorize the somali race on our end, heck the TFG did and they are not more hated than us.

Good response to Xiin. Neither boroma nor the Burco he used as examples hold their own version of history, however Somaliland does have history unique to it aside that from Somalia. Could it be that Xiinfaniin doesnt' know it?!

That would depend if the referendum is Somali wide or just Reer Waqooyi.

Somaliland does have history unique to it aside that from Somalia

Enlighten Us Plz

Castro   

This ultra-nationalism, at the "barrel of the gun" no less, is misused, abused and milked for all its worth and by every conceivable motive.

Somalinimo is neither sacred nor eternal.

RedSea   

Che,

Have we always been united, I bet you heard about the UNION in 1960, havent' you?

Well two parties gotten interested in each other, note two parties (present day Somaliland and Somalia). Sool and Sanaag were in the bandwagon of Somaliland, and thus share the same history, sub culture, dialect etc.. with the rest of Somaliland. As for Somalia, the present day Puntland and Southern Somalia made up what was the other 'party' which were involved in that agreement of the union.

Pland and the rest of Somalia have the SAME history and experience, while the people of Sool and Sanaag have the same history and experience as those living in Hargeysa, Awdal, Togdheer etc....

Note: Qabiil isn't a factor in this.

"same history, sub culture, dialect etc"

:D:D

Are you sure the man in Laascaanood isn’t much closer to Garoowe as far as " history, sub culture and dialect" is concerned? Hargeisa iyo halkaa fog maxaad ula aaday Daraawiishta? Nugaal baaban ku ogayne? :D:D:D

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Castro:

This ultra-nationalism, at the "barrel of the gun" no less, is misused, abused and milked for all its worth and by every conceivable motive.

Somalinimo is neither sacred nor eternal.

Out of the 'millions' willing to die for it by any means none actually understand it. Somalinimo is just a term banded about to make one look more patriotic than others for self esteem purposes.

somalis are one ppl, whether they come from garowee, or kismaayo, borame or jijga or jabouti or hargeysa.

one nation, one language one religion...! aint that the definition of a nation!! what part is difficult to comprehend.

africans are not smart nuff to shake the clan syndrome yet... but some of us did, hopefully, the rest will learn soon that, nothing beats sticking with their own bretherns...

foreigners might give u loaf of bread one day, but soon u will have to pay them 2 breads for the price of one bread!! its history proven theory...!

RedSea   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

"same history, sub culture, dialect etc"

:D:D

Are you sure the man in Laascaanood isn’t much closer to Garoowe as far as " history, sub culture and dialect" is concerned? Hargeisa iyo halkaa fog maxaad ula aaday Daraawiishta? Nugaal baaban ku ogayne?
:D:D:D

:D first of all, what you said is reasonable, however it may come as a suprise to some of you that actually the folks in Laas Canood are more closer to Burco, the people in Ceerigabo are more closer to those in Dhahar as far as dialect, sub culture than those in Gorowe and Bosaaso. Yes, as far as qabiil you may say they are related. Again Qabiil isn't a factor here.

But for 100 hundreds of years, they have been considered ul iyo diirkeed.

You ask any brother/sister from Laas Canood of their relations to reer Burco, or those in Ceerigabo to their relations to those living in Badhan or Dhahar, they will tell you, their causins, aunts, iyo abtiyaal are from either ceerigabo, Burco and so forth.

As I understand, the Nugaal was formerly known as Sool, today, however it's different state which has Gorowe as its state capital.

The same can be said for one who is from Northern Galkcayo to one who is from Southern side of that city, they are more closer and have been ul iyo diirkeed for many years, and as such can be said are more closer to one another than those living in Xamar, Kismayo etc...

Also, those living in Jabuti and those living in Awdal are related as far as qabiil, however, they have been ul iyo diirkeed with those living in Gabiley, and Western Hargeysa, and therefore are more related as far being integrating than those from Jabuti although they may relate qabiil wise.

I hope you getting my drift abti.

qabiil relations aside, there are many somalis who are actually closer to one another than even they are to their own kismen. The only thing that relates one from galkacayo to one from Laas Canood is qabiil blood, however the relations between one from Burco to one from Laas Canood goes far beyond that, as they have lived, intermarried for many years, thus have same sub cutlure, dialect, same ciiyaar (jaandheer) then any other somalis.

Rudy,

Okay brother, yes that list of one faith, one language etc.. has been overused. There are actually people who are living in Southern somalia, like the areas in Mark Cadey or around the shabeele rivers who dont speak the somali language that you and I can understand. I understnad this is totally different issue, but let us not forget that there are people who will fit in the category of Somalism and yet don't do things as you and I do things, are they not somali as well?

AYOUB   

Xiinow you remind me of my old biology teacher who'd try every trick to avoid giving straight answers when questioned about "evolution theory" ("somalinimo theory" in your instance.) You still haven't answered my original question, have you?

In the mean time the topic seems to have moved from "Somalinimo = Islaanimo" to "Somalinimo = "territorial integrity" to "Somalinimo = *******".

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Who are
you
adeer? When you came in, you were not alone, and now to get out, you need the consent of those who were with you! Markii raggu sida odoyadda makhaayadaha jooga u hadlo waa shiddo adeer. Maantoo dhan waxaan ku leeyahay qabiil qurihi qaran ma noqon karo, haddu damco inuu noqdona kuwa kalana waa ku dayyaanayaan, kamana celin kayarsid...but you seem to be ignoring it for your own peril!

Name one person that represents the people of Somaliland that was not there when the decision to withdraw from the Union was taken on that historic day in 1991. Maybe you think majority of people don't support the decision to withdraw, is that it? The Union failed. We tried it and it end up as world's # 1 example of a failed state. To use ******** as as a pro-Union is a classic SOL village idi*t argument and you're better than that. ******* is a reshuffle of the old MOD which made the Somali Republic a failure, is it not? Is that an argument to make me change my mind? mmmh..

If you expect me to believe in a "territorial integrity-based unity" that keeps my cousins outside, why can't you accept the Somaliland I want? Do you wish the destinies of Ethiopia's K5 and Kenya's NFD to be decided on this ******* level politics too? I guess not.

Sophist

You're willing to die for "Somalinimo" but in the mean time you're cheerleading Yey despite all his criminal actions. You're not serious about martyrdom, are you? :D At least Baashi and Xiin only support his shidh-steering ******* up north while distancing themselves from him in Kismaayo. ;)

[ May 13, 2007, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

me   

Where is Admin? are qabiil names allowed :D and people got banned for saying potato!

@Badacse - calm down sxb.