Sign in to follow this  
Kashafa

Somalinimo-on-steroids

Johnny B   

lol @Peru !!

Of all possible places Peru is where you choose,

God safe Peru's fences from your butt. :D

As a morphin injection for the fading topic,to support the Somaliland issue i'd say , Somaliland writes upon the blackboard of the Unionists a question mark, it writes that question mark for the purpose of stating that there is a question yet to be answered.

and on my way to Ganglow in Borama ,I'd continue arguing,

Is it not better to place a question mark upon a problem while seeking an answer than to put the label "United" there and consider the matter solved?

To question the Somaliland Secession issue i'd say ,Somaliland Secessionists need to bring a better argument for their claimed disunity with Somalia, Somalia had a dictator who was extra ruthless against Hargeisa doesn't sell well,nor does the idea of beeing a old British colony justify an illigal Secession.

I think both Khashafa and Me belong to the Uinionists but both for the wrong reasons,

A Uinion for the sake of it is not an option , nor is a Secession for the sake of allegedly victimhood is justified.

Now where we go from here to push Ngonge over the fence?

Ibtisam   

^^^ :rolleyes: Right! Here comes blondi with his 2cents!

Dude it is past the time they needed a Justification, people just need to deal with it, and get on with life, even join in the parties :D

Ms DD   

I dont think there is a Somalilander pushing for unity..unless iney wax ku qasanyihiin.

Ngonge..do try again. Ganbar still by the fence.

JB..You do suprise me.

I personally want the rest of Somalia to heal itself and then show the Landers what they are missing till they beg the rest of us to be united with them smile.gif

Ibtisam   

^^^SEE now that makes perfect sense to me, I Just don't see the point of joining an out of control, falied state.

Johnny B   

I Just don't see the point of joining an out of control, falied state.

For that , one has to NOT BE or CONSIDERED TO BE part of the failed state.

In another words to JOIN or to SECEDE.

For you it's the latter you're striving after, somaha?.

Now, since i'm wearing Pragon's 'cimamad'today, get me some tea,will ya?.

me   

@ XANTHUS - What you are forgetting is that the secessionist entity will not be able to convince the SSC to secede with them. So there goes that plan. The secessionists need SSC for the recreation of the former British Somaliland protectorate.

This state is failed because of its disunity, bringing it together is the only solution. The secessionists say no one can force us to join Somalia, the SSC say no one can force us to join the secessionists and they are both right. No one can force them, but this means we will be stuck here, like we have been in the past 16 years, unless Ethiopia chooses to occupy the North too.

So there are two options left.

1. a united Somalia and Somalis fighting together against the Ethiopians.

2. the status quo and waiting for the Ethiopian tanks to reach the North.

The choice is yours.

Ibtisam   

JB: WRong, I just don't see the sense in turning these poor people back to -10, when they have reached 20, all on their own. If the rest catches up with them one day, then they may be tempted, until then, haa kaa waalani their little shelter with ideals that mean and achieve nothing, Somalinimo my as*S. To be honest I could not care less, what banner

people fly as long they can go about their business in peace.

As for the rest, see old thread, close the door behind you will ya smile.gif

Where is your definition from, by the way JB?? I'm sure you are aware the legal conditions for recognition, they are only missing 2components and I believe they already have a type of recognition. In any case I don't think anyone can legitimize or break them, not having the latter recognition has not harmed other countries in similar situations, e.g. Taiwan- they are more successful than most African countries.

Me

I feel like i just go around in circles with you :rolleyes:

OK you said:

1. a united Somalia and Somalis fighting together against the Ethiopians.

Dude are you out of your mind?? do they look/ sound united to you??? check out this forum (forget Somalia, open your eyes)and even lets just say they united and got rid of the Ethiopians, guess what the old enemy is back, clans/ tribes, who rules. If you give some bullshid about democratic elections I'm going to Laugh This is Somalia dude, it is not possible, too many big power hungry clans, who are not willing to live under the rule of another clan :rolleyes:

2. the status quo and waiting for the Ethiopian tanks to reach the North.

When and if this happens (lord forbid) the north can deal with it, alone or with other Somali people, same way some Landers are fighting the Ethiopians in the south now.

Johnny B   

Originally posted by Ms Dhucdhuc & Dheylo:

I dont think there is a Somalilander pushing for unity..unless iney wax ku qasanyihiin.

Habryar, you too need to see Xiin and urgently.

( Xiin, as of late ,runs a " how to vote against your caln intrests classes" ) :D

Ngonge..do try again. Ganbar still by the fence.

Eh.. Just say Buroa suckss and see if he stays at the fence.

little you know about which flag is placed on the right side of the billow. :D

JB..You do suprise me.

eh.. enough about you , let us talk about ME. :D

Xanthus

Bless your A*ss horta, but don't get me or my 'cimamad'wrong , I cherish any development Somaliland has made , and all credit goes to the people of Somaliland,specially the people of Borama, I adore NGONGE , NORF and the likes for the Hospitals and schools they build in Buroa, and i woulden't even care to question your claim of Somaliland beeing more or slightly more developed than the rest of Somalia.

I could even think of myself going the extra meter to aprove a Secession, was it in my hands,so to speak.

Now ,will you help me push Ngonge over the fence? or you'll keep showing up on every 18th may festival wearing that green/red/white T-shirt?

As for closing the door behind me , eh , who are we kidding , are you any better than your mom? my mom?

i know you don't eat " hambo" , and i'm ready to give up my right of beeing served first. :D

me   

Originally posted by Xanthus:

Me

I feel like i just go around in circles with you :rolleyes:

Isn't that what we all have been doing for the past 16 years, going around in circles?

The time has come now to break this cycle of misery.

Ibtisam   

JB,I need Ngonge to stay on the fence! for good measure, call him the security guard, he will notify them (SOmalilanders) of any change in the wind and warn them about oncoming intellectual traffic, while at the same time directing the response :D All from the fence, also he can tell when and if the grass is greener on the other side.

also JB You are damaging my rep, please remain focus on the dicussion :D

ME:

Break the circle at one end first, no need to fully destroy everything

NGONGE   

Me,

What world do you live in, saaxib? Who is going to fight the Ethiopians with you? Puntland? The many other parts of Somalia that support this Ethiopian 'assistance'?

I hoped that you would get the hint in my words above but it looks like I'll have to go into a longer and more detailed explanation (or rather stating of the obvious).

The idea that Ethiopia has come to Somalia of its own free will and only for its own interests is a myth spread by those opposing that country. There are many reasons why Ethiopia came into Somalia; chief amongst them is the fact that it was INVITED by the TFG. One cannot escape this fact, saaxib. This, if anything, tells you that there are massive numbers of Somalis who are comfortable with this Ethiopian 'assistance'. In fact, and you are free to correct me if I'm wrong, in all the news reports we've heard so far, the only (real) opposition to the Ethiopian invasion came (and is coming) from people in the capital! Somalia is not just its capital city, saaxib. So, what are the rest of the Somalis doing and why are they not protesting against this 'occupation'? It's either that they support such actions or that they're simply (and very silently) supporting the resistance. In both cases, I'm sure you'll agree, their behaviour does not encourage and advance any ideas or dreams of unity.

Unity, as a concept is a great aim to have and something that we all should aspire to. But today it is nothing but a distraction and an idle dream. Somalia is nothing but a broken glass (as a former UN envoy to the country once said) yet here you are trying to convince us all that we can still drink from that glass! Is it not time you exhaled and smelt the gunpowder, saaxib?

Finally, lest you feel victimised and think I'm singling you out and leaving Kashafa's argument as the winning one, don't despair saaxib. His position is actually as questionable as yours. He argues against Somali unity and extols the beauty of Islamic unity instead. He brushes aside nationalism and provides examples of Egypt, Syria and Yemen trying the Arab nationalism tricks and failing! However, in that story (about those three countries) I reckon that he pressed the fast-forward button and only showed us the 'kissing scene' to prove that the story is a bad one to simulate. Why don't we rewind a little and go way back to the days of the Ottomans and the Arab revolt against that Khilafa? Islam ruled then (at least by name if not by deed). Surely the Arabs, as Muslims, should not have had anything to complain about! The framework was in place and they should have stuck with the Khilafa instead of allowing disunity and discord to fester in their midst! Were they less Muslim than the Ottomans? Did the Sheriff of Mecca follow a different faith? Of course not. He just didn't want a pesky Turk ruling him and telling him what to do (in addition to many other grievances he had). Were he and the Ottomans less knowledgeable about their faith than our Sheikh Aways, Sheikh Indhacadhe and others? I strongly doubt it! What would you say was the reason for this then? For me, and at a guess, I'd say irreconcilable differences. And what has kept the Somalis fighting amongst themselves? Irreconcilable differences per chance?

Nationalists and Islamists are two sides of the same coin. Heads and tales! But for that coin to have a value and be considered legal tender it has to be approved by the Somali clannish bank (where all our mighty reserves are to be found). Anything less and we're really talking monopoly money here.

You want me to take your seriously, show me guarantees that your clan will not usurp all the powerful positions and subjugate my clan. If Kashafa wants us to take him seriously he needs to bring forward some Mullahs who are part of this struggle that belong to other prominent clans rather than one single one. I realise that these are ugly demands but they're borne out of an ugly situation.

Time to get real and stop forever blowing bubbles.

Fabregas   

Quote:The idea that Ethiopia has come to Somalia of its own free will and only for its own interests is a myth spread by those opposing that country. There are many reasons why Ethiopia came into Somalia; chief amongst them is the fact that it was INVITED by the TFG. One cannot escape this fact, saaxib.

Ethiopian troops crossed the Somali border in June/July 2006 as soon as the warlord anti terror alliance was defeated. At this time Mr Yusuf was actually criticising the U.S for doing its dirty work through the Somali warlords rather than seeking to combat "terrorism" through the officials line. Also if i remember correctly one warlord was even sacked and refused entry into Kenya. So was the t.f.g inviting Ethiopian troops to protect the Somali warlords? the very same one who had been stopping the government from locating in Muqdisho. In other words, when Ethiopian troops crossed the Somali border the T.F.G was not in any danger nor did it ask for assistance. It was only after that more and more troops started to locate at Badioa then I.C.U started to threaten them. As Channel 4 documents alluded to the decision to invade Somalia was taken jointly by Ethiopia and American at Adiss, in June/July 2006. They pulled off a great trick, by ammasing their troops and warlords at Badioa under the disguise of protecting the Government. So it would look to the world that the I.C.U were trying to overthrow a legitimate government, which they fell for so easily. With our without the T.F.G, America nor Ethipia was never going to accept a bunch of wadaads running such a poor country as Somalia, after what happened in Afghanistan.

NGONGE   

^^^ This is your take on the matter. I choose to go with the official announcements. Besides, this is neither here nor there. The TFG admits to inviting the Ethiopians. That’s the point I am making.

Castro   

^^^^ He got you there NG. The "official announcements" were afterthoughts and PR damage control. That you choose to go with them is a little disturbing.

And I thought this was the point you're trying to make:

The idea that Ethiopia has come to Somalia of its own free will and only for its own interests is a myth spread by those opposing that country

And the point you make on the resistance being strictly in Xamar or the south, well that is a well made point. Except it misses the larger point namely Puntland and Somaliland and how comfortable they are in Ethiopian pockets. The "South" is the last remaining land with "free" Somalis.

Take that awoowe.

NGONGE   

I suppose I should have worked on my words there. Still, I see nothing wrong with the whole point I'm making.