Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Does it matter anymore?

NGONGE...I have never actually paid any Qaraan except for diya though I refused to pay the last one since I saw no point supporting the same habit.I do appreciate the point you to make. It's real and big part of the problem. Anyway my dear sir, you have habit of debunking ideas, what alternatives would you suggest.

BG...There's none worthy mentioning. That's why we need to step up. And I'm not attacking the good Sharif, but it just seems what ever that has been failed miserably. Fresh outlook is needed instead supporting same men who obviously can't deliver anything.

NGONGE   

^^ That you work on the old men that ask you for the 'qaraan' (though I still disagree with the way you dealt with that one). I truly believe you could do a lot from were you reside than if you were living in Somalia.

I only oppose empty dreams, saaxib. If I see one person talking about setting up an organisation, union, movement (or whatever you like to call it) in the West you really would not see me laughing at them.

However, when you see people wasting their time with dreams it's unfair to just leave them to it. If you're a true nationalist, if you want to make a difference and if you're sincere in your aims (dreams at this moment in time), there really is nothing stopping you from seeking out likeminded people and starting to work towards making that change. The facilities are all here (where you reside), there is no shortage of people and you may even get assistance from friendly benefactors.

On the other hand, if it is just a case of putting down the efforts of the TFG, ARS or Courts without doing anything from your own side then don't blame me for sticking with Duke, Juje or Xiin (though I have bones to pick with each of course).

What is with you people?

either come with solutions or stop debunking ideas (to borrow che's phrase).

all i see is moaning and whining and the occassionaly boasting about inoccent children and women, elderly and bystanders being killed without mercy. plus the usuall call for clan arms etc.

how about we end all this and actually, behead (probably they wont amount to no more than hundren) these so called leaders who all this happens under their watch and then let them come up with excuse for what they have whilst claiming leadership and responsibility for others.

Now- before you label any of these as either stupiid or useless, think about it and say what is wrong with it. and please no more 'you and whose army?'

Remember: if there is a will, there is a way!

Edit:

However, when you see people wasting their time with dreams it's unfair to just leave them to it. If you're a true nationalist, if you want to make a difference and if you're sincere in your aims (dreams at this moment in time), there really is nothing stopping you from seeking out likeminded people and starting to work towards making that change. The facilities are all here (where you reside), there is no shortage of people and you may even get assistance from friendly benefactors

i conclude two things from this^

1. you are obviously not like minded with me

2. thank God you are not like minded with me since you are waiting assistance from 'friendly benefactor'

i wonder what this 'benefactor' will benefit from providing assistance?

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

I saw Duke and Juje arguing over who won the showdown in Addis Ababa. What seems to be lost on them is while Somalis are dying everyday, those charged with 'leading' the nation are having meaningless squabbles over nothing and what's worse they are being mediatated by foriegn entity whose interests don't align with Somali public. The same squabbles and blunders are common in Maxaakiimta and other entities who supposedly lead and represent the Somali. Does it really matter who you support anymore as none of them seem to deliver any useful outcomes that could benefit your clan, your region or your country in general. It's time to think outside the box and find new directions.

So true! Beats me how one trusts and supports men who can't solve their own internal problems on their own. Yeey n' Nur Cade are the same thing packaged differently.

ElPunto   

^it's not just Yey and Nur Cade. You see the part where he dissed the Maxaakiimta - "The same squabbles and blunders are common in Maxaakiimta and other entities who supposedly lead and represent the Somali." :D

I think Che is on the right path with that sentiment especially in light of the fiasco of the last 2 years.

Our crisis of leadership is real and lamentable. But to lump all of today’s political characters on the stage together is quite unfair. Equally unwarranted is the notion of giving up on certain promising leaders simply because they didn’t deliver the solution we all need and desire on a fictitious timelines that does not take into account the overwhelming challenges anyone, however well-meaning and sincere, who wants to change things in Somalia faces.

So if good Che is aiming to manufacture brand new leaders, power to him I say and wish him all the luck.

Ibti—I don’t have a crystal ball. All I know is that what have started in Jabbuuti is a progress toward political compromise. The deal is not even officially signed yet adeer so you shouldn’t expect concrete results before all the relevant factions sign and commit to it. And even then I wouldn’t predict a smooth implementation given the nature of our conflict and the current security situation.

Dakhtar Geelle-- you should not take my support of the good Shariif’s initiatives for peaceful settlement as a blind following of the man. I am capable of calling things what they are. To put it simply, I was advocating for this approach (and Baashi was well before me I must say) before the good Sheekh embraced it. So meelaan wax jirin baad ka raadinaysaa adeer. I belong no cult.

ElPunto   

^Adeer I think you have to excuse folks for not pinning any hopes on a political saviour in Somalia to get us out of this morass.

Emperor   

Somalidu waxay kumaahmaahdaa, "Findhicil ma xaaraanbaa mase waa Xalaal", "Sheegsheegiisa kadaran" ....

Dadka aan jihada lahayse, get a life

I have no problem with people who oppose the TFG due to its clumsy/inept style of governance, but for the sake of our nation, we must stop supporting groups that promote aimless violence and bloodshed.

Blantantly encouraging groups like Al Shabab to keep up their attacks against the government and not sit down for peace talks does not give us a way out of this quagmire we find ourselves in. I beleieve it is misguided NOT to support the peace talks.

Originally posted by Username:

The only way forward is to support the somali government and the peace process.

happy0034.gif

Lousy as it may be; we must support this government. With time and peace- am sure the best leadership Somalia has to offer will rise to the top. For as you as you all know... governments will come and go, Leaders will rise and fall- But Somalia will always remain!

dhulQarnayn

Republic Of California

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Ibti—I don’t have a crystal ball. All I know is that what have started in Jabbuuti is a progress toward political compromise. The deal is not even officially signed yet adeer so you shouldn’t expect concrete results before all the relevant factions sign and commit to it. And even then I wouldn’t predict a smooth implementation given the nature of our conflict and the current security situation.

That is my point Xiin. They are just stalling and chatting away while people squabble and innocent drop like flies. By the time they get all the mundane signatures, then get commitment and then implementation it will be couple of more years and couple thousand more dead. Even if everything goes smoothly that is at least another 3-4yrs. I don't need a crystal ball to tell me that.

It is all hot air of talk people. :(

NGONGE...I remember during the initial Ethoipian assualt on Mogadisho a group of us together to raise awareness and raise funds for the displaced. Only two of us put so much hard to rally the community to come the together.We went to everyone that matter-people that could get others on board.Within days of initial effort, the talk of the town was we were collecting money to fund Al-Shabaab or clan militias. And within week, the whole thing dissipated. Then I just went to do the only thing I could. Write to my senators and congressmen and everyone else might even consider listening. Anyway Saaxib, point taken though.

The other thing that I'm trying people to understand to be critical of leaders and movement they support. This blind loyalty serves no body. Even Yeey and Cadde their own deluded way somewhat their mistakes though it seems that they were chided to admit their failures.

Labada Mas'uul ee ugu sareysa dowladda Madaxweynaha iyo Ra'iisil Wasaaraha ayaa waxay si wada jir ah u sheegeen in ay aad uga xun yihiin
in khilaafkooda ay ku xaliyaan dalka Itoobiya

web page

Zenawi's discontent with fractured entity with no compatent leaders

All of them need to pull together and that is not happening to the extent that we would all like to see. It is not having an immediate and direct impact on the [peace] talks in Djibouti.

I’m not privy to their discussions but I would be surprised if the usual problems amongst Somali politicians were to be absent

We will try everything in our capacity to create an environment where our withdrawal would not seriously disrupt this process in Somalia but that is
not necessarily precondition for our withdrawal
. Our obligation towards peace in Somalia is only one aspect. There are also requirements of our own including financial requirements. The operation has been extremely expensive so we will have to balance the domestic pressures on the one hand and pressures in Somalia on the other and try to come up with a balanced solution.

We would try to avoid that but our legs are not joined at the hip.

web page