Sign in to follow this  
Queen Arawello

How come fat guys can be cool in movies, but not women?

Please name me a movie where a fat lady gets a thin, handsome man.

The only thing close to that was "Real Women Have Curves," but unfortunately it was one of those "everyone thinks that she is fat but she really isn't THAT fat" kind of thing.

Sometimes a fat guy gets a skinny girl like in the "Tao of Steve," but Steve was so vocally against fat ladies.

When does a fat lady get in movies without it being a joke?

Kool_Kat   

Jill Scott in Why Did I Get Married comes to mind, who's actully gets kicked out of an airplane cuz she is too FAT to fit in one seat...Not only does she get a HOT, HANDSOME man for a husband ( Richard Jones) she also gets another XAAAAX boyfriend (Lamman Rucker) when she leaves her husband...

Not one but two hot guys for her in one movie, unheard of huh? :D

EDIT: I get the handsome part, but who the hell wants a thin man?

Ashkiro   

Lamman gartay lakiin the other guy? Kasi handsome ka dheer. That was such a great movie well made, Jill Scott is very beautiful. Male or Female, the movie industry discriminates against overweight people. The romantic comedies/dramas featuring "fat people" is only a handful I can't think of any at the top of my head.

Kool_Kat   

^I don't think I've seen a movie where Queen Latifah has a love interest in a man...I remember Set It Off tho!!! :D

Originally posted by Ashkiro:

Lamman gartay lakiin the other guy? Kasi handsome ka dheer.

Dee Soomaalida cadaantaa qurux la ah...Lamman got nothing on Richard (tall, dark and handsome - not to mention basaxiir *which is totally XAAAAAAAAAAAX in my books*)...

^ She was the voice of a female mammoth, the love interest of mannie the mammoth in ICE AGe 2. does that count? So all you fat ladies, don't despair there is always computer animated films :D

lol@ set it off, i remember i watched that on upn years back. that's where she played the gangister dyke.

Baluug   

Fat guys may get the good-looking girls in the movies, but they don't have such luck in real life, if it was, then I'd be surrounded by hotties :D

chubacka   

^ sounds like u need to pursue an actin career my friend. ;) Make it as halal as possible.

On a random note I watched Family Guy properly for the first time a few nights back at how scandalous it was :eek: Never again.

I was expecting a spin off of Simpsons!

Ashkiro   

LOL Kool Kat, I beg to differ on the xaaxness btwn the 2 but I digress. Is basasxir baldness by any chance?

@i remember i watched that on upn years back. that's where she played the gangister dyke.

isn't she gay? that's what i heard but it could be just a rumor. i remember set it off too, long time ago i used to think it was such a big deal, ciyalnimo wa ciil lago karo.

LOL@ Cadaan you have a great sense of humour.