Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

pray 5 times a day or we'll cut your head off

Cumar   

I first would like to apologise in advance if I seem to be converting the thread into a theological discussion as this is the not the right place to discuss it. The moderator can move it to the right section if he/she pleases.

Khalaf, walaalow, why do you require incidents and examples whilst an authentic report of the Prophet has reached you stating the injunction. In fact, those reports were sufficient to establish the command and you do not inquire about additional practical examples because they're irrelevant just like if a Quranic injunction has been established, one does not request ahadith to support it.

However, to answer your question, yes, anyone who neglected prayers during the Khulafa ar-Rashidun was punished, however, capture was minimum since these people belonged the best of generations and had there been wide-scale disregard for establishing prayer, it would have been recorded.

In addition, Abu Bakr (RA) considered those who didn’t pay zakah as apostates and fought against them, what about Muslims who didn't establish the first and most important pillar of Islam.

Moreover, the view that one apostates after neglecting the prayer is reported from the foremost of the Sahabah, such as Cumar who is reported to have said: "One who neglects prayers has nothing that proves him being a Muslim"

And it is mentioned in the treatise that I have cited of the Sheikh where he quotes Imam Ibn Hazm who said that it reported from Cumar, Abd al-Rahman ibn Awf, Mu’adh ibn Jabal, Abu Hurayrah and others among the Sahabah. He also said: "We do not know of any opposing view among the Sahabah."

Al-Mundhiri added more names of the Sahabah such as : Abd-Allah ibn Mas’ud, Abd-Allah ibn Cabbas, Jabir ibn Abd-Allah and Abul-Darda. It is the view of the majority of the Salaf, and the scholars who came after them.

Khalaf, there is nothing wrong with the site Islam-qa, it is an authentic site based on the authentic creed. Besides, the site hosted the translated risalah of the late Sheikh.

Taliban   

Originally posted by Mr.Red Sea:

moreover, this report is propaganda spearheaded by the western media..make sure you don't fall for it.

The people who directed this propaganda got it totally wrong. The propaganda might have made a little uproar if it was not about beheading. If the propaganda was about (for example) karbaashing or fining $10 everyone who did not pray, then it might have made a little uproar. But since there is no precedence of beheading even within Saudi Arabia or Afghanistan under the rule of the Taliban, almost all people quickly dismissed the propaganda. Morever, one wonders about why this beheading was only reported in Bulo Burto. Why not in Xamar, Balcad, Kismaayo, Afgooye, iwm? If this beheading is a new policy by the Islamic Courts Union, then it would befit to start it in Xamar. Because they screwed up the direction of this beheading propaganda, every future propaganda they direct will be quickly dismissed.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Khalaf:

val are u shocked as me....ya rabi.......execute someone who misses salat.....never heard in my life.

calm down brother,it's not he who misses prayers,it's who stops praying or doesn't start praying after he has been encouraged to do so.

I have a question for you little brother,if you give up on your religion you become a kafir,which is obviously a crime, so how is it punishable ? if you say death,then let it be known to you that the Prophet peace be upon said,he who doesn't pray is Kaafir, an infidel,the same rule applies.

bilan   

islam is not all about huddod,did the prophet(ppuh) ever kill anyone cause they did not pray, did the caliphs ever kill someone cause he did not pray NO, why, cause people had the knowledge, prophet(PPUH) was teaching people 13 years and did not bother with goverment, how can you apply huddod when you do not even have foundation. it seems the only thing those people know is cutting and killing.

Instead of arguing, CAN ANYONE CONFIRM IF THIS NEWS IS IN FACT TRUE OR NOT.

If not they we shouldn't dwell on a news that is based on western lies. It is propaganda such as this that makes me question if what the west says about the taliban is in fact true!

So people, is this true or not? Is someone lying about the shiekh? If so why?

Taliban   

Originally posted by mystic:

Instead of arguing, CAN ANYONE CONFIRM IF THIS NEWS IS IN FACT TRUE OR NOT.

If not they we shouldn't dwell on a news that is based on western lies. It is propaganda such as this that makes me question if what the west says about the taliban is in fact true!

So people, is this true or not? Is someone lying about the shiekh? If so why?

mystic, just a few weeks ago, the UN reported about 720 Somali militias who fought alongside Hezbollah in its July battle with Israel. That report was supposed to be a reliable and trusted report from the mouth of a well known and supposedly respected international organization (UN). Was the UN report true? Of course not. The report killed what was left of the shattered image and reputation of the UN. If a UN report could not be true, then a FOXNews or its affiliates' report could not be true. I have checked major Somali sites (Hiiraan, Dayniile, Banadir, iwm), and haven't seen any salat-related beheading report.

Awalba surwaalgaab wax quman lagama sugeynin. Sad those who believed wax quman ayee soo wadeen.

Nothing but division, Soomaali kala diris iyo naceyb iyo hebel ayaa saas ah iyo saas sameeyo iyo saas ku dhaqmo iyo saan u dhaqmo kusoo kordhiyeen dalkeena the last 16 they had a free rein. Soomaalida had Axmediya, Saalixiya and Qaadiriya dariiqooyin, but never saan isku necbaayeen. Their religious motto was: Nin naftiis, nabiyoow ummadaa. No longer. A highly well-known tolerant Soomaali people no longer, instead installing an alien, imported, foreign-borrowed concepts masqueraded as diinteena suubban.

The only people saxsan waa iyaga, thus you are either with them and can be saved or you face the waranka, seefta, qoriga and will go to naar.

A young cousin of mine, a Sacuudi born and bred, who I've met in Cardiff, Wales, insisted those who don't pray are gaalo, diinta ka baxay. It was my very first time hearing that. Intaaba la murmim, :eek: ayaa iga soo haray.

I obviously decided not to debate with that young man, since the terrible miseducation of Sacuudi system needs some time against the reality of Islaam.

Sophist   

There is no Surah or Hadith which prescribes the killing of the Taariku Salaat! (unless you take the literal that Taariku salaat is Kafir and the qiyas is, anybody oo ridoobey waa in qoorta laga gooyaa)

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

A young cousin of mine, a Sacuudi born and bred, who I've met in Cardiff, Wales, insisted those who don't pray are gaalo, diinta ka baxay. It was my very first time hearing that. Intaaba la murmim, :eek: ayaa iga soo haray.

I obviously decided not to debate with that young man, since the terrible miseducation of Sacuudi system needs some time against the reality of Islaam.

Miskiin and his anecdotes. :D

Taliban   

Originally posted by Sophist:

There is no Surah or Hadith which prescribes the killing of the Taariku Salaat! (unless you take the literal that Taariku salaat is Kafir and the qiyas is, anybody oo ridoobey waa in qoorta laga gooyaa)

What about Taariku Salaat who parties at nightclubs, drinks beer, dates and fools around with girls he's not married to? What about Taarikatu Salaat who does what the mentioned Taariku Salaat does?

NGONGE   

Beheading is such a dull way to punish someone. Stoning is much more exciting and allows for more crowd participation. Only the ‘hands on’ approach will help remind the crowd of what they stand to lose if they don’t pray. Unless of course they already had their hands cut off.

Originally posted by Suleyman:

If a person neglects prayer, out of laziness or deems it as not compulsory, he is allowed a three-day repentance period whereby he is daily asked to return to Islam. If he returns, he shall not be executed but if he doesn't, he is to be killed as an apostate.

To follow this mandate would be to complete disregard God saying "Let there be no compulsion in religion".