Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

pray 5 times a day or we'll cut your head off

Peacenow   

Here it goes people like i aways said, the TRUTH will out

the Islamists now in Somalia are nothing more than religious gangsters.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,,-6262201,00.html

Somalia Official Issues Beheading Threat

Wednesday December 6, 2006 4:16 PM

By MOHAMED SHEIKH NOR

Associated Press Writer

MOGADISHU, Somalia (AP) - Residents of a southern Somalia town who do not pray five times a day will be beheaded, an Islamic courts official said Wednesday, adding the edict will be implemented in three days.

Public places such as shops and tea houses in Bulo Burto, about 124 miles northeast of the capital, Mogadishu, should be closed during prayer time and no one should be on the streets, said Sheik Hussein Barre Rage, the chairman of the town's Islamic court.

Those who do not follow this edict ``will definitely be beheaded according to Islamic law,'' Rage told The Associated Press by phone. ``As Muslims, we should practice Islam fully, not in part, and that is what our religion enjoins us to do.''

He said that the courts are announcing the edict over loudspeakers in the town.

The decision is not binding on courts in other towns.

Somalia's Islamic courts have made varying interpretations of Quranic law, some applying a more strict and radical version of Islamic law than others.

As a result of such disparate variations, residents in the capital of Mogadishu complained, forcing the Council of Islamic Courts officials in October to set up an appeals court with better-educated judges.

The Council of Islamic Courts have swept through most of southern Somalia since taking over Mogadishu in June.

Their sometimes strict and often severe interpretation of Islam has raised the specter of Afghanistan's ousted Taliban regime, and contrasts with the moderate Islam that has dominated Somali culture for centuries.

Some of the courts have introduced public executions, floggings of convicts, bans on women swimming at Mogadishu's public beaches, and the sale and chewing of khat, a leafy stimulant consumed across the Horn of Africa and in the Middle East.

---

Associated Press Writer Salad Duhul in Mogadishu, Somalia contributed to this report.

RedSea   

If someone disobeys Allah what else are they good for,they should just die then,I even think the knife is a waste on them.

moreover, this report is propaganda spearheaded by the western media..make sure you don't fall for it.

If someone disobeys Allah what else are they good for,they should just die then,I even think the knife is a waste on them.

Is daji Duqa. There is no compulsion in Islam.

The report could actually be true. Surwaal Gaab can be craxy at times.

RedSea   

^lol.maya wali maan kabixin waayo masakiin yar baa i ag taagan marabo in ay igaga dhacdo.

But what amazes me though is that every Xuseen and Xalimo that comes to this place thinks is wrong for following Allah's manual of obedience.

I don't hear this much about the Tigray troops manuavering on Somalia soil,I don't hear much accusation towards the so called TFG,I don't hear anything said about the crisis in the middle east which have been caused by these same people who are supposedly working overnight to resolve the Somali problems,I just don't believe their nonsense.

I rather support and believe a Somali from whatever tribe they belong as long as they are doing the right thing.I am not responsible to know what they are hiding in their chest nor should I be concerned about that since their actions reveal everything they are.So far the ICU in their less than a year of functioning have done more work then any warlord selected in abraod could have done,that should be enough for me as well as it should be for all sane beings.

It doesn't make sense as a Muslim to accept crap from real evil doers and to be turned against my own brother especially when the choice becomes my brother(regardless of how much hatred we have in between us) and Allah's foe,the real evil doer.

I expect this sort of fox news report,however,I find it amusing that some people actually do fall for this and thereafter base their judgement of the ICU based on what they HEARD from western based media which we all know what their aim is.

Che,

there is no compulsion applies when you are non Muslim which you wouldn't be forced to convert or obey the rules of Islam,it's encouraged at this point.However as a Muslim when you recite there is no god but Allah and you believe that his messenger is Muhammed,then you officially enter a complete system which you need to comply with of its rules and regulations set in place by non other than the all mighty,Allah.

When you become a Muslim,you have signed a contract which is non reversable,everyone is a human they make mistakes,but one who is a Muslim and disobeys Allah,they will be given the chance to repent,surely one who doesn't pray has voilated that contract which he/she agreed to upheld by saying there is no god but Allah,therefore it's punishable by death if he/she doesn't pray..there is nothiing new about that abti.

as for Surgaabnimo,that also is very important Sunnah,which is expected to be performed by all Muslims not just certain Muslims and that includes both you and I.Don't side or dont' be vunrable to evil propagands which is being spread by the western media and all of Islam's enemy,surely Islam is a light,which can never be extenguished,have that in the back of your mind brother.

Paragon   

^^Brother, it is exactly why I support the UIC, purely based on their good deeds so far. Just like you said wixii uurkooda ku jiro Illaahbaa og balse we have to assume the best of them.

You are right, regardless of where they hail from or regardless of who were are, we should support any group that strives for Islam and goodness. Marka sxb nacam, I can understood how frustrating it can be when fellow Somalis side with the very devil and enemy that is destorying everything we stand for. The sooner that devil destroys those who turn against him, the sooner he turns to those who sided with him, which is a punishment I believe all betrayers must suffer.

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Mr.Red Sea:

Allah,therefore it's punishable by death if he/she doesn't pray..there is nothiing new about that abti.

istagfruallah........red there is nothin in Islam which says punish by death he who doesnt pray! big mistake sxb. salat is somethin between the slave and the Creater, the state cant force u to make salat.........u heard the story about Umar ra when he was Khaliiif, he spied on this man who is expected of being drinker, he caught the man drinking beer, and said u have disobeyed Allah u are under arrest, the man told him ya Amir ul Mumin, u too have disobeyed Allah by coming to my house without my premission, and spying on another muslim which is HARAAM! Umar ra appoligized and left.....these things are between u and Allah......tthe job is to remind ppl, teach, islam is mercy to the ppl not force.

Cumar   

Salamu Calaykum

What the Courts have enforced is correct since the verdict is based both strong valid opinions. The most supported opinion is narrated from Imam-as-Sunnah Axmad bin Hanbal (RH) and that is that if a person neglects prayer out of laziness (or denies that it is not obligatory), then he is regarded as a murtadd (apostate) and his blood becomes lawful (i.e. hadd punishment) whilst the other less supported opinion is if the person acknowledges the obligation of prayer but does not pray out of lazines, he does not leave the fold of al-Islam but earns a major sin but yet is executed for neglecting prayer.

Khalaf   

val are u shocked as me....ya rabi.......execute someone who misses salat.....never heard in my life.

Suleyman bro: there were hypocrites during the time of the nabi scw, ppl who didnt observe salat and the muslims knew about them: were they executed, do u know any incident during the time of nabi scw and the as-salaf-u-salih?

ElPunto   

^Mental derangement has been rather unfortunately common with Muslims these days - and they are the loudest and most sure ones :eek:

Khalaf   

^^^I KNOW :eek: :eek: ............I wouldve been killed long time ago :eek:

miss salat=exectution........ :eek:

Cumar   

Khalafow, walaal, the main reason why the Nabi didn't expose the hypocrites was because the religion was in its early stages and thus not finalized yet. If the Prophet exposed and killed his companions, the Mushrikeen would propagandize this act to discredit the Deen and keep potential followers away. Hence why the Nabi said: "I do not want people to say that Muhammad is killing his companions."

That event has no slight relation to enforcing a Shari'ax rule because since the death of the Prophet, no other person can claim to see the kufr of the hypocrites in their hearts so we judge by their outward-actions. The hypocrites make an outward display of Islam whilst inwardly concealing kufr so what about the one who outwardly displays kufr by neglecting the most important pillar and connection to Allah. If a person cannot perform salah, then how is he able to perform the other main pillars which rest upon the pillar of Salah? Is Ramadhan without prayer valid? What about Xajj?

If a person neglects prayer, out of laziness or deems it as not compulsory, he is allowed a three-day repentance period whereby he is daily asked to return to Islam. If he returns, he shall not be executed but if he doesn't, he is to be killed as an apostate.

The evidence for this ruling is in the following ahadith:

"Between a man and shirk and kufr there stands his neglect of the prayer."

Muslim

The Prophet said:

"The covenant that distinguishes between us and them is the prayer, and whoever neglects it has disbelieved"

Axmad, Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi

The late Sheikh ibn Salih al-'Uthaymin (RH) has written a treatise about this. It has been translated and is available at the following link:

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ln=eng&QR=5208

Have a look at it.

Salamu Calaykum

Khalaf   

Suleyman i am well aware of those hadiths, and ayats....but there is no reference which says to execute someone who misses salat NONE. I used the munafiqeen as an example. This religion is not new, during the rule of the righteous khalifah (whom we look up to) were there any incident(s) where someone who neglects their prayer was executed simple question?

U can link missing prayer to kufarnimo.......but not it warrants execution big difference.......and there is nothing that Allah does not forgive big or small except shirk associating partners. I know of refusing zakat there was war against those who refused zakat (its state tax).........but prayer is not a state order it is an individual act..........please provide the prove, examples, incidents.

ps: I dont like that website islamqa......could mislead ppl with their fatwas (which most use to prove their points)