Sign in to follow this  
Blessed

Thinking of Hijaab....in Here!

Blessed   

Salaams sisters,

I know you're thinking 'oh no, not another hijaab thread'.

This may be long but every word, letter and sentence is worth reading whether your a non-hijaabi, a semi-hijaabi a part-timer or you don't even consider it a waajib. This lecture by the ever so articulate Amr Khaled will leave a lasting effect on you.. and change your perspective. I know it did for me.

The Hijab

Amr Khaled

There is an aim of life after the life of striving for - ALLAH -s (swt) sake. I want to focus on the first implementation of the implementation of modesty. The fist implementation of modesty is not for the men, but for the women. And the most important thing in a woman's life is the Hijab. And I'll start with the women for a reason.

For all the brothers and sisters in Islam, if they had modesty, I swear the society would be guided on the right path. I am not here to criticize or judge the sisters sitting here or reading or listening to this tape. May - ALLAH - reward you for taking time to listen to these words. But I want to begin the first color of the colors of modesty- and this is the modesty of the woman.

So why am I going to start with the woman? Am I criticizing her or judging her? I don't want to upset the men maybe? No way, GOD forbid! But if the woman became guided and protected her modesty, then society would also become guided and protect their modesty!

However, when the enemy of Islam wants to destroy something, the first thing they destroy is the woman! Because when the woman looses her modesty, it is easy for the youth to be lost, and it in turn easy for the people to loose their modesty. So the first thing I will talk about modesty is the modesty of the woman. So if we say that modesty for the man is obligatory, then modesty for the woman is obligatory, for her it is a crucial duty! Because the nature of the woman is easy for modesty- she is closest to modesty. And the most important thing for the woman, the greatest thing for her. What is it?

For her to protect and cover her body. The greatest thing that belongs to the woman is her Hijab.

To the brothers and sisters who are listening, listen to these words and tell your sisters and tell your relatives. And sister in Islam, if you are listening, and if you are a Mohajaba, spread this message to your sisters in Islam, and if you are not a Mohajaba, try to benefit from what will be said today.

The most honored thing a woman possesses is her modesty. And the most precious thing of modesty is the Hijab. If I asked you a question, if I asked you what is the most precious thing you owned, what would it be? If you have something precious, will you take care of it and protect is? Will you hide it or not? If you have a pearl or a Jewel, would you protect it or keep it in a safe place or not? The more valuable it becomes, the more you want to protect it. So will you hide it from the people or show it off? Or will you leave it in front of everyone to see and take from it whatever he/she wants?

Of course you are going to protect it! So what is the most important, precious thing that deserves to be protected? The most important, precious thing that a woman possesses is her modesty. And the most important thing in the woman's life is her Hijab.

Sisters and brothers, did you know that the Pearl is protected by its shell? Is that right or not? And that shell is not too pretty, yet you cannot substitute it with anything else to protect the pearl. Therefore you cannot do with the Hijaab as it protects you.

And there is a light hearted question. Why is the Hijab an obligation for women and not an obligation for men? Is it just to pressurize the woman? Why isn't it obligatory for men? It is because 100 men will never be able to seduce or make one woman fall for them. No matter what they did, if the woman is not interested, those 100 men cannot do anything to attract her. However, one woman can succeed to attract 100 men in a few minutes. Therefore it is obligatory for the woman, since she is the source of attraction and influence. So the Hijab in her right is a must for her.

And you will notice something strange. Before Islam was sent to the world, the Arabs and the Romans believed that the most valuable beauty was found in the body. So the Romans and the Arabs and other nations recognized the beauty of the body. So Islam came to change that perception of the body. Islam came to raise human beings spiritual levels. Islam came to say, purify your tastes and manners. As humankind progresses, their manners and tastes has to progress too. It was never a written law that the woman has to show her body, never! Islam stresses out that a woman is not judged by her body but her intellect, her manners, her emotions, and so on. These are the most important things in our moral values. So the man will not judge the woman by her beauty. Islam taught the man and transferred his thoughts to judge the woman by her manners, and her intellect, etc.

Nobody should see or enjoy her physical body except for her husband. I wonder, the things we are saying now, will any intellectual mind accept this or not? Who are those who respect and value the woman and who are those who don't? Some people argue that the Hijab is not obligatory and that it was not mentioned in the Qur'an. Let's refer to the Qur'an's verses that make the Hijab obligatory to Muslim women.

O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies. That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And - ALLAH - is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (33:59).

Pay attention that when - ALLAH - talks about the Hijab being obligatory, He (swt) also includes the woman of the believers, meaning all of the Muslim women. So no one can argue that this verse was only referring to the family of the Prophet. The meaning of this verse is that all of the believers must wear the Hijab so that they will be recognized as pious women, therefore respected and valued by their modesty. No one will harm her because she is respecting herself by what she is wearing.

The Hijab is obligatory! It is not a Sunnah (practice of the Prophet). - ALLAH - also says:

And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms display their beauty......And O ye Believers! Turn ye all together towards - ALLAH -, that ye may attain Bliss. (Quran 24:31)

According to most scholars, women must cover everything except for her hands and face.

- ALLAH - (swt) went into very fine details to describe the way they have to cover the ears, the neck and the chest. Have you ever seen something described so clearly for us in the way that we should be dressed?

When - ALLAH - says: to wear the khimar [long scarf covering whole body] it doesn't mean the woman has to wear a very long scarf, it means you have to cover the most important things- the hair, the neck and the chest. Therefore, tucking in the small scarf into your neck is an invalid Hijab because it will reveal what you have, i.e. your chest, etc.

- ALLAH - says we have to cover everything. Who can say after that, that the Hijab is not obligatory? And the verse with, turn all together to - ALLAH -, in other words, Repent you believers.

It is a duty of a husband to encourage (NOT FORCE) and persuade her to wear the Hijab in order for her to be respected and be valued as a pious woman. Another verse - ALLAH - addresses the Muslim women not to show off their dress in such a way that the pre-Islamic women used to. How did the Pre-Islamic women dress? Did they used to wear short skirts? No they didn't. Can you guess how they used to show off their beauty? They used to wear better than short skirts that's for sure. The pre-Islamic women used to cover everything, so they would wear long dresses, but they would show their necks, forehead and the top of their hair.

What will you do when you stand in front of - ALLAH - and He asks you, where is your Hijab? Do not be upset by my words sister, I am only stressing this out of concern. When the verses of the Hijab were revealed, all of the women immediately covered. However, never force your daughters and sisters to wear the Hijab. Advise them in the best of ways so that they can see the true wisdom behind the Hijab.

When the verses of the Hijab were revealed, the men told the women about the meaning of the verses. The women were so eager to obey - ALLAH -'s command exactly the way it was described in the Qur'an. Since they couldn't afford to buy new materials for a Hijab, they took a dress/Jilbab and tore it into two and used it as a Hijab and went out like that.

This is contrary to the way women of today are like; they make excuses for not wearing the proper Hijab.

The Prophet (saw) said: A group of women will never enter Paradise. They are those who wear tight, revealing clothes and do not listen to - ALLAH -'s command of wearing the Hijab. Not only will they not enter Paradise, but they will not even smell Paradise although you can smell Paradise from a 500 year distance! This Hadeeth is Saheeh Muslim.

To stress how important it is to cover yourself, there is another example. The Prophet (saw) had to go into battle against a tribe of Jews who ridiculed a Muslim woman in the market. They tricked her by tying up her dress, so when she moved, she tripped over and her dress tore so she became uncovered.

So a Muslim man who saw this stood up and killed the Jewish man who had done so. So the Prophet (saw) took the army and threw out the Jewish tribe out of Madinah.

I wonder what the Prophet would have done if he saw the way women dress now. Another example is of the famous scholar Ibn Hambal once was walking in the market and a breeze of air lifted a woman's dress

and he saw her ankle accidently. His reaction was that he was shocked and angry saying: these are the days of the fitan! He reacted like this over a covered ankle. I wonder what he would have done if he saw today's women. I could not have spoken about modesty without talking about the Hijab because modesty is a branch of faith.

What is your excuse for not wearing the Hijab? Let's go through a list of excuses.

1- I'm not convinced of the Hijab.

So I'd ask you, what are you? You would reply, I'm a Muslim. What is the meaning of Muslim? A meaning of a Muslim/and Islam is to submit yourself totally to - ALLAH -. The sister who does not want to put the Hijab on is not submitted to - ALLAH -. She doesn't want to submit to the will of - ALLAH -. How can we argue against, or disobey what - ALLAH - and His Messenger have given to us? Prophet Ibrahim had to sacrifice his son and he didn't understand why he had to do such a thing. So that teaches us how to submit to - ALLAH -'s word. I would rather hear you say that you are not strong enough to put the Hijab on, than you to say that you are not convinced with - ALLAH -'s own words.

2nd Excuse:

The women who say the most important thing is what is in the inside, that her intentions are always good, and she is a good person, and the Hijab is the Hijab of the heart. And these women say that she prays 5 times a day, better than 60 men of you, and she prays the Night Prayers, and she prays the Sunnah prayers, and she really does all of these things! And she gives charity- But, she says, you know, that's enough worship for me!

Subhan - ALLAH -. The Prophet (saw) says: You cannot take parts of Islam and reject other parts. You have to take the religion as a whole.

So let us calculate it, you are saying that you are doing a lot of good deeds, etc and that your intentions are good, and your heart is pure. Alright, I agree with you, but I want to ask you one question. Let us calculate this together. Everyday you go out every man that looks at your hair and your body- do you take sins or not? Of course you take sins because you didn't obey - ALLAH -'s command. And you'll find that the lady will argue: It's not my fault, my intentions are good, it's the man that will take sins for looking at me. No sister. He will take sins if he stares at you because you were attracting attention.

Let's calculate it. Everyday how many sins does a woman who doesn't wear the Hijab take? Would it go over a thousand sins a day or not? And remember, the man has two eyes! Not one! And the man has a heart that loves and desires and wishes. Can you imagine the sins the woman is getting? I wonder if your good deeds will be enough? Will they outweigh the thousands of sins you are getting everyday? I want you to do a little experiment, everyday you go out, count how many sins you are getting, on your way out, on the bus/train, at work, on the streets, etc. How many sins do you get for every man that looks at your hair/body?

Didn't - ALLAH - order you to wear the Hijab? I am afraid that your good deeds are falling from a torn bag. The good deeds enter the top and escape from the hole at the bottom.

The Third Excuse:

The Hijab and hot weather.

The woman can complain that she looses her hair when she puts on the Hijab, because of the heat- So come on, do you want me to loose my hair and get bold? So I won't put it on because my hair falls off.

Sister, - ALLAH - says: Say that the Hell fire is stronger than the heat of the world.

The Prophet (saw) said: Hell is surrounded by our desires, and Jannah is surrounded by the good things.

Is it still difficult for you to put on the Hijab? But you'll take GREAT deeds for following - ALLAH -'s command!

The Forth Excuse:

The Women say that they knew ladies that wore the Hijab and they had the worst of manners, and did the worst of things. So I don't want to put the Hijab on because I don't want to be like them. Okay, I argue to the sister that thinks that: I know people who pray, but do bad things- does that mean we shouldn't pray? Some people go to Hajj so that they can hide under the title of Hajj so that they can do bad things and no one will suspect because they apparently went to Hajj which makes them free from all sins. Does that mean we shouldn't go to hajj? So sister, the wrong is not in the religion, but in the people themselves. So is the hijab bad or the person who wears the hijab is bad?

5th Excuse:

- ALLAH - has not guided me yet. I will put on the Hijab, but - ALLAH - hasn't guided me to do so now. So when I am 50 years old and I have enjoyed my life, I'll put on the Hijab. No sister, this excuse is totally wrong. - ALLAH - says: - ALLAH - does not change a people's situation unless they change what is within themselves. You will not put the Hijab on until you change what is within yourself and work towards putting on the Hijab. It's not acceptable for you to say that - ALLAH - has not guided you- no, he has guided you and the proof is that you are listening to these words. The reason you are listening to these words is - ALLAH - opening the journey of guidance to you. - ALLAH - will never leave a person unless He gives him guidance, so it is up to that person to obey or not.

6th Excuse:

When I get married I'll put on the Hijab.

Alot of men look for the pious, religious woman who respects herself with her Hijab- more than those men who look for the other women. And - ALLAH - has written who you will marry anyway! So you won't marry anyone else except for that person that - ALLAH - has chosen for you. Don't be afraid; put your trust in - ALLAH -. - ALLAH - will give you the pious husband. So when you marry, marry someone who will love you for your faith and respect you.

A man came to a scholar and asked him- If I'm going to marry my sister to someone, who should it be?

The Scholar replied, marry her to a man who is a friend of Islam, so if he loved her, he will respect her, and if he hated her, he will not treat her badly. Marry the man that will protect you, respect you, and be happy that you are a Mohajaba.

7th Excuse:

I'm still young.

Do you know when you'll die sister? The youth's deaths are increasing! I will give you an example of a girl. A True story that really happened.

This happened in Egypt, Alexandria last year in Ramadan. The man was telling me that his wife is a Mohajaba. Living in front of them was a young girl who is not a Mohajaba. And the girl has good things inside her heart, like all of our sisters in Islam, but she doesn't understand the meaning of the Hijab and the meaning it has in Islam. So he said that his wife (and this is obligatory for all the women who wear Hijab) had good relations with this girl. She didn't ignore her just because she doesn't wear the Hijab, no, she was friends with her. So one day the young girl had come to ask the wife if she'd come shopping with her to buy a jeans suit. So the intelligent wife who knows that she has to give the girl dawah [knowledge of Islam] agreed to go shopping with her, but under one condition, the girl comes with the wife to an Islamic circle that was going to start. The girl agreed.

So they went to the circle and it was about repentance to - ALLAH -. And the girl was so inspired by what was being said, and started to cry until she kept repeating one sentence over and over again: I've repented - ALLAH -, please someone cover me. The people told her okay let us take you home and you can put the Hijab on. But she refused, wanting to be covered right at that moment with the Hijab; she couldn't go out without it. So they got her a scarf and a dress, and she left the building with it on. And as soon as she left to cross the road, a car hit her and she died.

I swear this is a true story. She died before she had repented. She is lucky masha - ALLAH - that she repented before she died. So never give the excuse that you are still young, because you never know when you will die.

8th Excuse:

I want to follow the Fashion and if I wear the Hijab I'll be out of fashion.

Isn't - ALLAH - dearer to you than fashion? I swear when you put the Hijab on you'll have light shinning from within you, and you'll be more beautiful with your Hijab.

9th Excuse: I want to follow the westerners.

Okay sister, who respects the woman more? Islam or the one who cannot even sell matches without painting a nearly naked woman on it? Are they the ones who have respected the woman or exploited the woman? Or Islam, who has respected the woman and covered her and liberated her from exploitation?

10th Excuse:

I don't want to because I'm afraid of taking it off. Subhan- ALLAH -, sister why don't you put it on with firm faith and ask - ALLAH - to always protect you with it and never take it off. Of course I'm not saying that taking off the Hijab isn't a sin. Taking off the Hijab is the biggest sin, the biggest sin, the biggest sin, the biggest sin. It's the biggest sin because you would be encouraging other women to do the same. Never ever do this- - ALLAH - (swt) would hate that.

Wear the Hijab and do these three things to make sure you will never take it off.

1- Having good religious friends

2- Attending and listening to Islamic lectures

3- Make duaa (supplications) to ask Him to keep your Hijab on and strengthen your faith.

Ok, the last excuse: I'm shy and embarrassed from what my friends and relatives will say if I put the Hijab on. Sister, won't you be ashamed of yourself from - ALLAH - on the Day of Judgment? Won't you be ashamed /embarrassed from the Prophet (saw) on the Day of Judgment?

On the Day of Judgment you will be thirsty and the Prophet will be giving water to everyone. And you will run to him, but two angels will stop you going further. The Prophet will say leave her! She is from my nation. The angels will say, we cannot Prophet Muhammad, for she did not obey what was written by - ALLAH -. So the Prophet would say, go away, far away, I do not want to have anything to do with you because you didn't listen to - ALLAH -'s command.

And who would be embarrassed? The one who is showing her body to everyone or the one who is respecting and covering it? The Prophet (saw) said: grab Islam with your hands and teeth! Sisters and brothers in Islam, this was a lecture for the sisters on the issue of the Hijab.

I advise you to be up to the standards of the Hijab. If you want to put on the Hijab, do it now, but don't put it on if you don't pray or fast and your rude with no manners and you are not close to - ALLAH -, that way you will be weak and take it off. If you can put the Hijab on now, pray on time, and be with religious friends, read the Quran everyday, and thank - ALLAH - everyday even if it's for a few minutes.

If you did these five things, your Hijab will go with your worship, your manners, and you'll be an example to all the Muslim and non-Muslim women. Never think that you can put the Hijab on and not worship - ALLAH - or have any sort of Islamic personality. And if you are wearing the Hijab and you do not pray, etc, hold those five things in your heart and practice them everyday, for you are representing Islam sister.

If you cannot do these things after you put on your hijab, (And you're not wearing the hijab) do them and then put on your Hijab. But do not do these things for 6 years and then put on the Hijab. No, more like after one month starting from today or two or three months, build yourself within and then put it on. Work towards putting on the Hijab.

Another point, you have become a Mohajaba. Never think that the Hijab means you have completed your worship and will enter heaven. On the contrary, it is only the beginning of your journey towards - ALLAH - (swt).

Another point: remember that you are an example to all the Muslim and non-Muslim women. With your manners, worship smile, even when you are walking down the street, you are an example to everyone and you will indeed inspire many people, even without saying a word. You will purify the society; your good deeds are extremely high to - ALLAH -. You will guide your sisters in Islam. You are our example, our ambassador of Islam. Please, please do not let us down. Please.

Here are a few points of how to wear the Hijab. If you do not follow these points, this means you are not wearing a proper hijab.

1- I won't tell you that you have to wear the Khimar or Abaya. No, you can wear anything as long as its loose and covering your body and not revealing the shape of your body. If you show the shape of your legs, waist, shoulders, if the scarf is too tight around your head and your are showing the shape of your hair if you have tied it in a bun for example you are not wearing the Hijab.

2- Not wearing see-through clothes.

3- Covering the whole body except for the hands and face.

4- Not wearing clothes that resemble a man's clothes.

5- Not wearing perfume.

Keep to these points at all times and you have the Hijab and are a Mohajaba.

najma82   

That was beautiful sister, masha-allah. May Allah reward you for your good deeds, and May He make us among those who are rightly guied, amiin.

Kruella   

Nice piece ....thanks. I suppose making the first step is the hardest in everything that we do. Hijab is no different. About the fashion part, I see so many beautiful sisters with great sense of style and hijabified...keep up the good work!

Salamz

I don't wear a hijab, and am not really swayed by the arguments in that piece. I'm not an expert on the Quran but I believe the crux of the advice was that both women and men should dress modestly. The reason that a traditional burqa has evolved for the woman is due to culture, not necessarily islam. It is really annoying when a girl wearing the full garb appears to be looking down on one without as if she's a lesser creature.

Why can't muslims today be content with modest dressing, like something which covers the obvious shape of the body for both genders. The hysteria surrounding the hijab is mind-boggling! I'm not taken in by the assertion that it is to prevent the lascivious attentions of the men. Are men such weak creatures that they cannot avert their eyess unless a woman resembles something crucially asexual? I give them more credit!

Anyway, I'm all for freedom of choice. If a woman chooses to wear it, that's fine. However, why do some feel the need to ram it down our throats? We're all accountable for our own deeds, not that of others.

Blessed   

Salaams,

Wa iyaakum sisters. Do pass it on.

Moth-To-The-Flame

This topic as stated in the title is for those considering wearing the hijaab but are unsure because of the many myths surrounding it.

You said that you are not an expert in the Quran and that could be why you question validity or place of hijaab in Islam. That for you is something that you need to look into.. not because, I tell you so or because it's a mere social expectation. But simply, if your going to enter into a religion- you should do so fully.

Sister, I'm not here to judge or dictate to anyone. I myself have been an non-hijaabi and to be honest I'm not even a proper hijaabi (still working on it and need all the encouragement I can get).

My intention with this post was to share something I deemed worthy with my fellow sisters. That is something which is obligatory upon me. I don't want to be accounted for something as simple as not sharing Islamic information. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry it didn't do anything for you. I guess different people draw inspiration from different sources. At the end of the day, llah has blessed you with the intellect to draw your own conclusions in the face of Quranic evidence...It's not for me to worry about what you do with the information..as long as I've passed it on.

^^^^I was interested to know if 'a hijaabi'...is only for women.Men also are supposed to be modest.I am a man who value modesty so much that I will require all my children and wife, myself included to be modest.This is part of the religion.It is not only culture but islamic.

^^^^Part of Hijaab actually cures 'family woes'..in that for the woman+man will feel obliged to observe ISLAMIC structures more than someone who ain't a hijaabi...

Although Nowadays..some non-Hijaabees...partake the importance of Hijaab..To make it unclean and an immoral thing.By putting it on..and removing immediately they are in Clubs..

That is really disgusting..But God forbid..Even Christian nuns wear the Hijaab...Mama Theresa..

smile.gifsmile.gif

NinBrown   

Thank sis for the advice on the peice you posted. The bottom line is HIJAAB is WAAJIB for women and it has been ordered in the QURAN.

Moth_To_A_Flame

The hijab is ISLAMIC not CULTURE...and its waajib for you to wear it....not a matter of choice....the matter of choice is in wether u r a muslim or not...if you become muslim you have to abide by all its rules.

and women who wear hijab are better and higher in status than those who dont...

it was a long read, i almost completely by passed it, but its beautiful.

the tips are quite concise cause that is actually how i came about wearing hijab, started praying regularly, reading about the prophet (peace be upon him) and discussing islam with friends and suddenly i needed it. no one told me to, i just needed it and i never looked back since. its been 1 year and a half now and i think ive been properly dressed from the begining but now i wear abayas... people when they see me wearing abaya they think im a lot better than i really am, which makes me feel guilty cause im really far from the perfect muslimah.

more emphasis should be lain on how to increase iman cause i think a strong surge (cause it does fluctuate) is the ticket to hijab.

about taking it off, i know sisters whove done this and i personally dont understand it except maybe they were doing it for the wrong reasons. the writer of this piece states that taking it off is a grave sin so what is a good advice for the sisters who have that worry?

1- seek refuge in Allah

2- make duca

3- think about it rationally, what would make you take it off? is it more rewarding than keeping it on?

there must be more, add on.

Originally posted by SomeAlien:

it was a long read, i almost completely by passed it, but its beautiful.

the tips are quite concise cause that is actually how i came about wearing hijab, started praying regularly, reading about the prophet (peace be upon him) and discussing islam with friends and suddenly i needed it. no one told me to, i just needed it and i never looked back since. its been 1 year and a half now and i think ive been properly dressed from the begining but now i wear abayas... people when they see me wearing abaya they think im a lot better than i really am, which makes me feel guilty cause im really far from the perfect muslimah.

more emphasis should be lain on how to increase iman cause i think a strong surge (cause it does fluctuate) is the ticket to hijab.

about taking it off, i know sisters who've done this and i personally dont understand it except maybe they were doing it for the wrong reasons. the writer of this piece states that taking it off is a grave sin so what is a good advice for the sisters who have that worry?

1- seek refuge in Allah

2- make duca

3- think about it rationally, what would make you take it off? is it more rewarding than keeping it on?

^^^^^..I saw a lot of Muslim ladies starting to come back to 'wearing Hijaab..'But Hijaab ain't something on the head alone...There are other things we men look at..Cover them..You will be putting the person looking at your 'Things' at Sin and you will be responsible..to ALLAH..

What is wrong with keeping to your Husband alone..and Guard it.

I was asking>>>>>>>> :cool: :cool:

there must be more, add on.

true, i have a christian friend who masha allah has a very pure heart and i pray allah guides her onto a straight path, amiin. anyhow, she is very modest and when asked why she said she believes in waiting until marriage and doesnt see the point of giving the whole world a free show of what her husband will be getting... thats kinda crude written in black and white like that, but she s right.

the head covering to me is very important cause that is how you identify who is muslim, but with that said it isnt a full hijab if yr not properly covered. the prophet (peace be upon him) would say " iiman and haya go together like this" and he would stick his index and middle fingers together and say "if one departs, the other falls apart". some people are born with an abundant amount of haya, masha allah, and others have to cultivate it and grow it.of course yr clothing is an artificial piece of modesty but its an obligatory one that serves as a protection. personally i think wearing the head scarf without proper attire is still a little better than wearing no scarf and equally unislamic attire cause at least in the first case the person is affirming their islamic identity, and sisters can easily spot them and give them dawah... which btw im very poor at. if someone can give me some pointers on when to keep quiet and when to say something, please let me know.