Sign in to follow this  
Jamster

Puntland, the state that was!

Emperor   

Fahiye, if you agreed and seem to be entertaining the same line of thought as Oodwayne, and also believe that his quote below captures the reality on the ground and thanked him for it, then all I can say to you is, nin xanuunsanaya ayaa tahay ee ilahay haku caafiyo . NO more, kaharay anigu

Originally posted by Oodwayne:

Mr. Emperor,

I see that you are given him (i.e., Fahiye), a song a dance, in-order to sooth his bruised clannish ego...

But, be that as it may, one wonders, when will the likes of Fahiye will see in action “larger Clannish brotherhood" that you so eloquently speak of here.

Is it the case that the only the time, that him and his likes are needed to be a hired foot-soldiers of Col. Yey will be the only time that we shall behold this “mythical brotherhood” in action. And therefore, all other times, his concern (even if it is a clannish one) will be discarded by the said "trinity", with what will amount to a good conscious on their part, so to speak,...heh,...dear lad?

Furthermore, this lop-sided "clannish arithmetic" that pirate-land’s parliament is based on, is not something that is new in here; for the designers of this fiefdom from the get-go all along knew “this simple fact”.

However the likes of Fahiye and Caamir (or at any rate their clannish representatives back in pirate-land) thought that in time the “political greed of the trinity" will be sated; and hence a genuine political representation of the "equity" kind could be build, afresh, at least for the sake of this fiefdom.

But, what they never seemed to cotton on is the idea that the likes of them were always thought of to be at best as those who will make up the "necessary numbers" that will not threaten the hold of the “trinity” at the helm of pirate-land.

Or at worst, they were thought of as nothing but “biddable foot-soldiers” that will go wherever the likes of Col. Yey could leisurely assigned them to.

NinBrown   

Fahiye meeshan wuu is ceebeeyey...by not looking at the facts on the ground. This Faroole guy won because of the votes from SOOL, so how can he accuse of the selection being based on tribe.

something should be cleared and that is that too much is made of these seventeen votes. the "facts on the ground" are this:

These seventeen reps from ssc had no other option but to vote that way for a few reasons. First, if we are to assume they are reasonable people, they know that they have no chance of winning the top post even with the help of the maakhirites for reasons that are obvious. What is a reasonable person to do in such a system, kill two birds with one stone and both cut a deal with someone else to ensure the second top post, get some money for it and call it a day.

Instead of being outraged that this seventeen votes went that way or that, you people should be outraged about the others not voting for the third time around, someone from these regions and at the system that ensures only one of the three main communities comes out at the end of the day.

We have said when hashi and cade fought for that position and here we are again with ilkajiir, salebaan and the rest.

Jamster   

Oodweyne waaa rag yaqaan, inaadeer halkaa kabannka ka garaac.

Naxar, the issue as you have rightly highlighted is one of idiocy man. These folks are blinded and could only see through the bespoke glasses they have perscribed themselves. Anigu Puntland ineyshaqeyso waan rabaa but it should be based on a fairness and equility which something that is at loss with these folks.

Duke, whether you have thought you know me or otherwise not here not there- frankly I have dont give a damn you think you know who I am. Let us leave personalities aside and deal with the issue at hand or just say " if you dont like Puntland get out".

me   

Fahiye,

So Puntland doesn't work and you run back to Somaliland? Why not do something for yourself instead of complaining how others are 'unfair'?

RedSea   

lool. "Me" is a loner. Meelna ma haysto.

NN,

Abti you may come and go as you wish. It's your personal decision. Meeshii dan kuu ah,hadii aad aado wax danbi ah oo ku jira maleh. Ehelkaagii iyo dadkii aad awalba ka awow ka awow wax laqaybsan jirtay ayuun baanu nahay. Soo dhawow.

me   

Naxcas Nugaaleed and badacse cadow baad tihiin!

Aniga iyo Fahiye ayaad doonaysaan in aad naysku dirtaan?

Jamster   

^ because Somaliland is fairer :D

Jokes aside, dont please silly young man. I have not saidd I am pro Somaliland and have no idea how you read that into my opinion?

I am not Federally inclined; I prefer central government with soft governance.