Sign in to follow this  
Jamster

Puntland, the state that was!

Puntland is not Norway. It's a clannish arrangement. With LA out of its column, and three relatives swapping it around, the perception of Fahiye's three bedroom dept is hard to dispute. With election of Faroole, that perception has been cemented. Lets pray, the massess are a bit tolarent.

Xiin adeer lets hope your other predictions come true. As for Puntland the clans you mention are a huge segment and they play a key role in the state, however within the parliment they make up a fraction, hence its fortune and Allah's will they have won and what can one do about that.

:D

War heedhe maanto dhan yaan intii un lagu soo celceline. What are the alternative you guys are presenting(concern and mourning guys)other than this unfair that unfair? Let it go and work toward a change if you have any! By the way, would the tone has been the same had it been Gen Ilka-jir who in that three bedroom today? :D

Okay, it seems people are taking this way out of proportion. How would electing a president(ilka-jir) solely because he does not represent the majority clan there any less clanist? Politics is a game of bribery, and who ever has the most money and knows the right people will win and this is universally true. Faroole was that man, he did after all win 74% of the vote.

Not to mention that the Speaker of the house and the VP are all from different clans. It does seem like there is too much focus on the presidency and not the state from some people on this board. Which is disappointing.

Typical somali's always making a mountain out of a molehill.

Emperor   

^Odwayne soo dhacyeeeeeeeeeey :D

Little do you know, little do you know my friend, when you indulge and swim in the matters of Somalia you get quite humorous, but when you even go an-extra mile to sound expert in the affairs of Puntland then you become the real laughing stock. Calm down philosopher :D

Jamster   

Duke,

Though I have followed your trail on Sol for the past couple years, this response of yours was indeed nothing but what many have expected- nay, it is indeed tad bit softer than those you normally dish out to your political nemesis on Sol. You see the issue is one of power distribution within the parliament, it is thus that I have made my comments towards. The idiotic and ungentelmanly response which accuse the writer of this piece of hating certain clan within Puntland is beyond reason- how can I despise my paternal relatives?

My argument still stands, meeshan maqaaxi reereed ayey noqon hadaan wax laga bedelin.

Gheele.

Dear brother, I have been of the opinion that Puntland needs a revision and needs to get in touch with its soul. That has been my argument for the past couple years. Here in Birmingham, I have discussed this issue numerous times with my fellow brothers who seem to be at loss with my reasoning. They think I am being completely of base- of course I just brush them their distorted ideas aside for their nothing but a bunch of obtuse older men with little understanding of the intricacy of the state.

If Ilka Jir won though I have predicted otherwise , I would have said the same thing. The structure is inherently flawed and sooner or later it will crumble.

Emperor- Whatever I could have said it, was articulated much eloquently by Odweyne.

Odweyne- Thanks.

Fahiye old boy you was never a political nemesis of the Duke, hence one knows his London folks even if they change shirts for reasons of their own.

As for the power sharing let me wake you up from your day dreams. Yusuf was from Mudug, Cade from Bari/Karkar and Faroole is from Nugaal. Thus three men from different regions are being made out to be from the same town, which you all know is not the case. :D

Jamster   

Gen Duke,

I don't think I had the displeasure of meeting you in London knowingly. That aside, all those three men are cousins and belong to the Trinity I first mentioned in this thread.

This is not about cheap point scoring against the people of this forum, I am interested in mending the weakling structure that we cal puntland. It is based on shambolic power distribution because of regions as you have just alluded to. I am becoming of the opinion that Makhirko's should walk away from this arrangement. The LA is in the hands of Somaliland which means the Dh family have no cause to complain. If I was in Garowe's I wouldnt give the VP seat to them as they dont deserve it. Makhiri people should have taken it as their lands were under Puntland.

Puntland will either crumble under it's shamolic weight or more likely the the Trinity will enjoy being in command of the three bedroom apartment. I hope those it cases the best option which to reform the state and introduce proportional representation.

Fahiye, adeer the President came through an open election and those who competed never complained about the result. Its thus outsiders and those who have no real say who seem to be complaining. Your point is well taken old boy.

Puntland will survive insha Allah and get stronger the three bedrooms beauty will be extended to the other parts of the mansion. As for the clan talk in here, I have no time for suCh nonsence.

The people of Puntland have chosen through their Parliment a new President and we all like Gen Ilka-Jiir, must work with the new admin.

Jamster   

Duke, you never cease to amaze me. You have one line of thought and that is it. Tribal bravado (the beauty of the three bedrooms kulahaa) is nothing but tedious, grow up.

About the open selection, mate I am not saying it was closed selection I am questioning the whole premise this state stands on. Now you see, I am citizen and I have every right to pronounce my opinion, if you dont like it then tough.

Sool is under SOmaliland and Ceyn will follow and soon Sanaag will go it's way- chart it is own destiny if this predicament isn't changed. I am sure you wont miss them!

Adeer Fahiye, nothing bravado about it adeer open any map and you will see these regions of Puntland are both large and those who know them beuatiful.

As for the election my candidate Gen Ilka-Jiir lost not because of clan but that he did not excel at the arm twisting and traditional campaigning that Faroole was master of .

For a fact Faroole got maybe more votes out of SOOL& CAYN than he did Mudug or Karkar, why?

He met with Garad Salebaan and others early, he cut a deal with them with regards to getting their support. This is why Ilka-Jiir lost, it was not beacuse of clan for Farjac would have got more than 0, if it was clan. Nuridin would have come second if it was about that Trinity.

Thus your whole premise my old friend is nonsense, you are just pointing fingers at a whole clan not because they planned anything but that some of their members from a vast regional area who speak distinct dialects won elections.

PS: Your last point about SOOL, CAYN & SANAAG is unfortunate and quite weak, a coward talks that way and uses such defeatest rhetoric, I never knew you was like that

^^^Faahiye does not speak for anyone but himself and therefore, can never claim to know what any single province of Puntland will do in the future, especially our sagacious brothers from Sanaag. Aside from that, I agree that we must reform the parliament. This system of tribal elders electing legislatures into the parliament MUST stop. Multi-Party democracy is where the future lies, and our new President mentioned in his inaugural speech that he would implement a commitment to a multi-party system in Puntland. This is the only way we can ensure a more transparent election to take place in the future.

dhulQarnayn :cool:

Republic Of California