Sign in to follow this  
me

Honorable Exit

me   

Should Sharif Ahmed take the honorable exit or should he invite our enemies and bring more misery and destruction to our nation.

==================== ==================== ==============

Honorable Exit

The situation of the TFG is deteriorating quickly. The news coming from Mogadishu is that there is a mass exodus going on of the remaining TFG politicians. There are also rumors that those critical members of the TFG that are now outside the country are delaying their return.

At this moment the only obstacle in the way of a total takeover of the city are the AMISOM troops. AMISOM does not have the capacity or the stomach for a city wide rollback of the opposition forces. The question we should ask ourselves is, once the remaining TFG forces have been neutralized, how long can AMISOM hold out?

This is a question that is certainly on Sharif Ahmed’s mind. He too can see the options that he has left. Let’s look at three scenarios of how this situation can play out and how these might influence Sharif Ahmed’s decisions.

Scenario 1

• Ethiopia, Kenya and their warlords invade Somalia to begin a country wide rollback of the opposition forces.

• The invading armies cannot hold on to Somali territories. Since this will inflame Somali passions and invite a long and brutal war that can be costly to them.

• Furthermore if Ethiopia and Kenya come into Somalia to prop up Sharif’s paper-administration , it will actually make his position irrelevant.

Scenario 2

• Neighboring countries give limited support to their warlords

• Deal directly and separately with the warlords, by pass Sharif’s TFG and thus making his paper government insignificant.

• The support of the warlords by the foreign meddlers will not turn the tide. It is too late for that.

Scenario 3

• The Immediate resignation of Sharif Ahmed as the president of Somalia.

• The disbandment of the TFG

• Entering unconditional talks with the opposition

• Creating a care-taker government that can facilitate the transfer of ‘power and sovereignty’.

• Building a legitimate Somali government, by the Somali people.

Scenario 3 is the most honorable and sensible scenario. Somalia has now had several paper administrations that were created by foreign meddlers. The most disastrous of these were TFG part 1 and TFG part 2. These two administrations were designed, created, funded and lead behind the scenes by foreign actors.

Sharif Ahmed has today the unique opportunity to transfer the sovereignty of the Somali state directly and without interference to a legitimate Somali political movement.

This is the greatest gift that Sharif Ahmed can give to the Somali people as June 26 approaches.

This is the honorable way out.

Belial   

I voted for resignation of Sharif Ahmed.

And I voted for to transfer power to legitimate Somali political movement!

No MORE puppets!

Amin.

Originally posted by Belial:

I voted for resignation of Sharif Ahmed.

And I voted for to transfer power to legitimate Somali political movement!

No MORE puppets!

Amin.

Legitimate eh ?? ,,,

Shabelle   

Originally posted by me:

Sharif Ahmed has today the unique opportunity to transfer the sovereignty of the Somali state directly and without interference to a
legitimate Somali political movement

This is the problem.

They are NOT a legitimate Somali political movement. Al-Shabaab take their orders from a wahabi-infested, sickening, twisted brand of Islam led by none other than Al-Qaeda. They have foreign fighters on our soil and have been seen on the streets burning the Somali flag. They are FAR from being considered a SOMALI political movement.

The Somali people will never accept to live their lives under what would effectively be a prison.

How can a movement which openly claims responsibility for a SUICIDE bomb attack be considered a legitimate political movement?

Belial   

Shabbelle you have been lured and fall by western propoganda.

Al-shabab dont take other from Al-qaeda. This is false. And those foregin fighters have come to help us in our direst time. Unlike you they have the guts to stand up for the Somali people.

Belial   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

Legitimate eh ?? ,,, [/QB]

Yes...one all somalis can agree on. Somalia need peace and leaders who put our interest FIRST!

Down with puppets like Sharif and Riyaale.. ;)

Belial   

Who in the name of allah voted for the extending our suffering? May you be cursed for that wishing and may your clan and bird- brain melt.

me   

Xukuumadda KMG oo galabta qaadatay go'aan dalka lagu saarayo Xaalad deg deg ah iyo baaq ay u direyso beesha Caalamka.

Posted: 6/20/2009 10:43:00 PM

Shabelle: MUQDISHO

kadib Shir deg deg ah wasiirada Xukuumadda dowladda KMG Soomaaliya ay ku yeesheen galabta magaalada Muqdisho oo looga hadlay xaaladda uu marayo dalka Soomaaliya ayaa waxaa ay qaateen go’aano dhowr ah oo ay ka mid tahay in dalka la galiyo Xaalad deg deg ah.

Wasiirka warfaafinta dowladda KMG Soomaaliya oo kulankaasi kadib saxaafadda u qariyay go’aamada maanta ay isku raaceen Golaha wasiirada dowladda KMG Soomaaliya ayaa sheegay in
go’aankani oo bilaabanayo Marka uu madaxweynaha dowladda KMG Soomaaliya soo saxiixo.

Waxaa uu sheegay in golaha wasiirada ay ka codsadeen Beesha Caalamka oo ay ugu harayso Qaramada midoobay,IGAD,Midowg a Africa,Jaamacadda Carabta,Ururka Islaamka,Wadamada reer Galbeedka ah sida wadamada Maraykanka iyo Wadamada reer Yurub intaba in ay si deg deh ah u bad baadiyaan jiritaanka dowladda KMG Soomaaliya.

Wasiirada Dowladda KMG Soomaaliya ayaa Waxaa ay dhamaan Ururadaasi iyo wadamadaasi ka dalbadeen in ay ka difaacaan kooxo ay ku sheegeen argagixiso doonaysa in ay bur bursiso Jiritaanka dowladda KMG Soomaaliya.

Go’aamkani ayaa imaanay xili maanta mudanayaasha Barlamanka KMG Soomaaliya kulan ay ku yeesheen magaalada Muqdisho ay ku ansixiyeen in ciidamo ka socda Caalamka si deg deg ah loo keeno Soomaaliya si ay u difaacaan dowladda oo haatan Awoodeedu ay sii wiiqmayso.

==================== ==================== ==================== ==

Sharif don't sign away our country! Step down and take the honorable way out.

Sharif be remembered as a Somali hero not the worst traitor in our nations history.

Belial   

"Sharif must fight back!

"

Sharif is to weak. His support base have long ago abonded him and turned to Al-shabab.

JAcalbaro: I agree with you.

me   

Originally posted by Najmudin:

Sharif must fight back!

He can't fight back, that's the point. He has lost.

The question is should he sign the papers for an invasion of his country by foreign forces that will divide it up? Or should he resign.

The Zack   

Mr. Me, Let us say Sharif resigns and your scenario 3 becomes the option he chooses, do you believe the Al-shabaab has a good plan to govern the country? If so, what is that plan? I am afraid they will end up the same way USC, SPM and SNM ended up after they overthrew the last Somali regime. What would be the relationship between Al-shabaab(which we don't really know their agenda or who really leads them) and the Xisbul Islam or Ahlu Sunah. I see a new chaos starting all over again. There are too many powers now in Somalia now. God help us!