Sign in to follow this  
Jumatatu

The Government is in 'XAMAR'

CHE   

Duke, I am native of that part of the country,better yet of close lineage to A/Y and I would be careful not to make case for his tyrany.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Duke_Valantino:

NGOON
quote: I hear that the AU is only offering 7000 soldiers! Surely that number is so small it wont even be adequate enough as a ceremonial guard for president Yusuf!

Now we millitary experts huh.
:D
Of course you know better than the President of Somalia a millitary man all his life. The African forces are not occupiers but peace keepers. They will be boosted by Somali loyal groups from Hiiraan, Jowhar, Central regions, Bay&Bakool, Juba and Banadir. The foreign forces will bring the expertise thats lacking from the Somali troops.
Of course I know better than him. Was that really a necessary question, saaxib? I’ll have you know that I’m great at Play Station and Chess (What more could a man want?). But, just in case you need more convincing, I also devotedly follow the BBC and all sorts of other news outlets (and the BBC says that greater generals (not colonels) have made bigger mistakes.

On a serious note, this case of foreign troops in a lawless country is not the first nor will it be the last. The experience in Iraq if nothing else, tells us that it’s a difficult exercise. I could go on with much detail and gusto to finally convince you that this looks, smells and feels like a bad idea. But, I suspect that you already know that. Let us hope it works saaxib.

PS

Stop getting all paranoid and thinking every comment made is some sort of dig at uncle Abdullahi, saaxib. :D

Jumatatu   

[QB Facts on the ground, nor history supports your arguments dear brother. [/QB]

Coming from someone talking to somebody who has kept him in between blocks of arid land over the last 14 years is very suprising. How soon you forgot abti, that C/llahi came begging for the peace in Galkacyo by 'gurguraad' to Aideed in 1993 (note) in Mogadishu. How soon you forgot that I have made sure his domain never exceeded beyond and between Galkacyo and Bosaso.

Never Duke , never you raise your voice at my presence, when only recently you sent your troops and General Abdi Bile to Kismayo that I reminded you of your capability. Today you are expecting with power of xabashi troops to take your avenge and call on others;

Now suppose you have RRA, Puntland, Hiiraan, Jowhar, Juba, Gedo and some from Mogadishu with real support from the AU and International community. What would be the outcome?

. Typical of you guys isn't it always rely on what is not yours.

And how dare you talk about the history battle fields when the pages of your misery and defeats are still wet with the ink they were written with.

And let me tell you this a brave person either skilfully builds the concrete structural base and domain of his society or destroys its very fabrics at whim in search of absolute power. Your adeero has already or is on the brink of making the latter choice.

wiil_duco :

jum sxb keey waxaa lagu jira sanad cusub umada soomaliyeed waa ay ka daashay dagaal, go ask the youngest one haduu rabo in uu arko dagaal kale ka dhaco soo maaliya.

saxiib sometimes I wonder whether you have the mental capability to comprehend what you read let alone utter. Am not the one calling for the troops and war in here.

Typical of you guys isn't it always rely on what is not yours.

Who is us guys exactly, because you went from speaking abut a national government disarming some bandits to naming clans, why?

Also you know I am not a novice on these issues so stop the tired rhetoric. Aydeed achieved nothing apart from wanton pillaging and alienating the rest of the Somali nation. He tried to capture Galkacyu and look how that ended up.

All his attempts led to the crowning in broad daylight of President Yusuf.

never you raise your voice at my presence

I was never known to annoy my Abti’s unlike some folks. ;)

Let’s get back to the topic shall we. It seems you anti –government folks are getting a bit desperate. All you’re crying has been heard, we shall reasons together and come to an understanding.

However the statuesque will not be accepted. These young boys will be disarmed and sent back to what they used to do tending to camels or whatever they do.

Jumatatu   

Who is us guys exactly, because you went from speaking abut a national government disarming some bandits to naming clans, why?

And who were you refering to here

Do you remember what happened in 1999 in Badoa? when the bravest, toughest most battled hardened of them all were chased out.

certain Chinese monks?

Never start the battle if you cant win the war.

As for going back to the political scene, The president has mucked it up by creating a faction that opposses the government delegation that went to Xamar. For once I believed that yeey could possibly pull strings together and make this government work by cooperating with others. But it is just isnt him he strives on conflicts and disputes.And wants total control.

So stop defending adeero on clan affiliation and objectively realise the mistake he has made today and how seriously it could damage the volatile federal government we have .

And Duke think beyond the box sxb if you want to survive in this World.

So stop defending adeero on clan affiliation and objectively realise the mistake he has made today and how seriously it could damage the volatile federal government we have .

I still don’t get you bro. This government should not be held ransom as the previous ones were. You try to ignore the situation and claim it will all be good, in fact it seems you believe the security situation is quite good. This has been a real surprise.

As for the Chinese monks I was referring to what happened to Hussein Aydeed and his USC/SNA coalition in Badoa. Why you choose to get upset about that is yours alone to explain.

The foreign troops are needed to disarm those who stand in the way of the Somali government. In any nation the government should be the only real power. President Putin highlighted this with the way he treated the Oligarchs of Russia. These

Somalia can only have one government, one military one police responsible for security. And this is non negotiable.

We don’t need peace by talk we need peace by any means, these folks will only be scared of a government that has its police, army and courts.

These apparatus wont be created if you are helpless in a city were the people dance for change then hide in terror.

I cant understand your logic bro. I dont see anything but anightmare scenario in foreign troops being staged in acountry that is already war ravaged and torn to peaces. Its not like the people there have anything to lose digging in for the long haul. You seem to forget that the people you are talking about here are fellow country men albeit them being demented by jaad and drugs. You can fight fire with fire but you need a cooling period of stability and taking the guns away by means of deplomacy and the people there are ripe for it despite it looking desperate. If the president wants apeaceful country then he has to show leadership by example rather than sit in ahotel and wait for his people to be smashed into smithrens before taking power. Im just wondering if there is no other ulterior motive here other than one of security.

Unlike you who sees your people as drag addicts and totally unapproachable, I believe there is achance to prove that good leadership can succeed with strong but fair approach to the people.

Jumatatu   

Somalia can only have one government, one military one police responsible for security. And this is non negotiable.

And built by one man right? there you go again utterly ignoring the facts on the ground and referring to hypothetical situations and excuses that dont add up.

By the end of the day Yeey wants to move the seat of power to Baidoa, and the ministers and parlimanterians who went to Mogadishu yesterday oppose that move. For him to host a cabinet meeting today at their absence and make the call for Baidoa speakes volumes. Just for once look at it from that view and analyse the impact it would have on the credibility of the Government of which whom he is a president, instead of continuoasly singing his praise like you live in North Korea.

And if this helps you let me tell you, if this government works it works for both you and me, if it fails it affects both of us.

Unlike you who sees your people as drag addicts and totally unapproachable,

Another dimension to the argument, like I stated before there is no point in lying to ourselves. We have already had a two year reconciliation process. The outcome has been a government representing the spectrum of Somali clans and notably rival factions. Now we in the implementation phase, we have the government it has now to bring order throughout the country. What shall it do, be proactive or wait for things to unravel? No clan is being targeted no faction is being left out. We have already had months of waiting, testing the water in this period alone there has been countless senseless killings, assassinations and mini clan wars.

The government has support throughout the country; however it is still in embryonic form it’s helpless and could be seen as a sitting duck. Even if one faction leader gets upset or a certain sub-clan becomes pissed things can turn into anarchy in a moment this is Somalia after all.

Now calling for a 7500 foreign troops with their support you could get in place a national force that could bring about security. Now you have situation where one could offer the carrot or the stick or a bit of both. Too much reliance on the carrot wont work.

Duke so far you are talking from ahypothetical situation here and not realism on the ground. Yes there is aneed for stability but stability as seen in Iraq can never been brought by the burell of agun. It can only be brought about by communicating the right way and Im not talking sitting in hotels for long months but bringing together all concerned who have been preselected and get on around table so they can tame their own people which Im sure they can if all is well.

Juma

For him to host a cabinet meeting today at their absence and make the call for Baidoa speakes volumes.

Brother unlike you I believe the envoy to Mogadishu was sent with the consent of the President and cabinet. They all are working in tandem.

I might not agree with everything the President does and some of his tactics how ever there is nothing wrong with admitting the fact that Somalia needs as much foreign help as possible. Its good leadership to admit your weaknesses and neutralize any threats posed while seizing upon opportunities presented.

And if this helps you let me tell you, if this government works it works for both you and me, if it fails it affects both of us.

We in total agreement, you was always a reasonable person though..

To QB

I think you are the second person who has mentioned Iraq in this context I belive it’s inappropriate to compare the two. Iraq was destroyed then occupied and this resulted in the situation we are in. Somalia has been deteriorating from within for a decade and a half now.

As for the repeated claim of sitting in hotels, and doing nothing do you really believe this is the case, or are you just using a popular sound bite for no apparent reason?

Again, the forces coming are not there to occupy but to aid and will come under the control of the Somali government. How this is wrong no one has so far explained.

Jumatatu   

The Speaker of Parliament, the Ministers (who are also warlords of Mogadishu) and other MP's who are in Xamar today are not less worthy, if not more, than the President. They are part of the nucleus of the Federal Government, if they can command the authority and influence in Mogadishu they have so far shown since their arrival. That throws out of the window the rhetoric for Xabashi troops for Somalia.

Secondly this is a reconciliation government, its primary aim is to reconcile not to impose or either for one of the reconciliatories to dictate its path towards reconciliation.

And in a simple man theory you cannot disarm one clan and call the other to be part of the disarming contingent.

So Duke you can go on and add romance into your adeero's intention bt that is the fact on the ground and deadlock continues.

Gabbal   

Alle maxee nin iyo abitigi booto iskaga badiyeen :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: