Sign in to follow this  
Jumatatu

The Government is in 'XAMAR'

I think the call for foriegn troops is premature one.The world wants Somalis to do the heavy lifting, and assume responsibility for their affairs. This is how any Somali goverment will get any letigimacy in the eyes of the world.Any call for non-Somali forces erodes this letigimacy. N for this goverment to work,the warlords must understand their days are coming to an end, and the people have spoken.

I disagree with the assumption that foreign troops are not needed. Why havent they[Mogadishu leaders] been able to open the port and airport in the city?

Why havent they[previous governments] been able to stop the often daily clan fueds?

A well trained well armed impartial force with a clear mandate and uder the control of the Somali cabinet would be able to do wonders.

This would send a clear message that the government is serious about changing the situation.

For example look at Kismayu, we have a new faction leader openly challanging the previously strong man and minister Hiiraale, their little feud left a number dead and injured. Hobyo-Galinsoor clan battles has seen nearly 200 dead. In other parts of the country all it takes is an argument to create havoc. Why havent the faction leaders and clans brought about peace in the examples above?

Even in Mogadishu yesterday there was a clan battle that left a number of dead, without an effective force backed up by a political agenda this nonsence will continue.

One fact that some folks like Juma and Horn overlook is. Abdiqasin received an even bigger welcome. His clan was one of the most armed and toughest in the city. He made deals with Ato and Qaynyare and had the blessing of the so-called Islamic courts. However he achieved nothing his government was labeled a failure. I belive he listened to the same voices that cry out now "We can do it ourselfs"

I agree with President Yusuf we need outside help for a little while as we get our act together.

NGONGE   

When the inevitable clashes take place, how long will this outside force remain? Other than by the use of Air power, I seriously doubt that any organised army can cope with ragtag street fighters!

I hear that the AU is only offering 7000 soldiers! Surely that number is so small it wont even be adequate enough as a ceremonial guard for president Yusuf! :D

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Ambassador:

so you dont see it as your day. what a shame. somali patriotism is a great fruit, you should taste it.

Sxb you are touchy and have a complex..whatever gave you that impression I have no clue.

But if it would make you happy..I have been over the moon since yesterday so please dont burst my bubble...

J.Lee   

No disrespect meant but am I the only one who sees resemblances between Bush and Cabdilaahi Yusuf? It is quite remarkable.

It just seems too good be true but I shall keep my predictions/the outcome of the current government to myself just incase there is a slim chance that I might be wrong.

NGOON

I hear that the AU is only offering 7000 soldiers! Surely that number is so small it wont even be adequate enough as a ceremonial guard for president Yusuf!

Now we millitary experts huh. :D Of course you know better than the President of Somalia a millitary man all his life. The African forces are not occupiers but peace keepers. They will be boosted by Somali loyal groups from Hiiraan, Jowhar, Central regions, Bay&Bakool, Juba and Banadir. The foreign forces will bring the expertise thats lacking from the Somali troops.

If someone really wants peace then peaceful means have to be encouraged and shown to the broader public. Trying to use mercenaries and kill more to keep the discipline and order is not what Somalia needs at the moment. You need good will and lots of guts. If the president is to be successful then there is no need for more violence through foreign troops. We have lost enough Somalis due to silly squabbles and clan wars; there is no place for foreign troops looking at the above pictures.

Somalis want peace not another war and that should be shown by the leadership if they are to succeed. Instigating and shedding more blood shouldn’t be accepted by any Somali least of all the president in waiting.

This is acountry that needs healing and military means don’t often succeed but create a siege mentality and to the stubborn Somali it could be their delight as they love fighting.

The foreign forces will bring the expertise thats lacking from the Somali troops.

Most African states are corrupt and have their own problems. I cant imagine any expertise here other than looting and ofcouse killings.

This is a somali problem and should be sorted out by somalis albeit their inexperiences.

Most African states are corrupt and have their own problems. I cant imagine any expertise here other than looting and of couse killings.

Again to some real politick evades them completely. Uganda, Sudan, Rwanda, Morocco and even Ethiopia have formidable modern armies.

And have more discipline than the Qad chewing militias we have created in the past 15 years.

It seems people here live in cloud cuckoo land, if Somalia’s problem was that easy why the hell are we in exile and why on earth did it drag so long?

Like I said before apart from hot air no one presents an alternative on the issue of disarming these folks.

We don’t need peace by talk we need peace by any means, these folks will only be scared of a government that has its police, army and courts.

These apparatus wont be created if you are helpless in a city were the people dance for change then hide in terror.

CHE   

7000 well equipped troops are more than needed to clean up Mogadishu.Their function would be to disarm and neutralize any threat or challenge that he government may face, and adequately protect the government personnel and the gov. institutions.And also re-constitute(malitias) and train the Somali army and law enforcement agancies.I would assume, if that can be accomplished the gov. would be up and running.If not, logic would dictate that the gov. be relocated elsewhere.

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Duke_Valantino:

We don’t need peace by talk we need peace by any means, these folks will only be scared of a government that has its police, army and courts.

These apparatus wont be created if you are helpless in a city were the people dance for change then hide in terror.

Scared.? Think again sxb..look at this

dsc00037.jpg

dsc00038.jpg

dsc00039.jpg

dsc01288.jpg

dsc01289.jpg

ciidan2.gif

ciidan3.gif

And the person inspecting the Guard of Honour none other the the Speaker of the Parliament..Mudane Shariif Xasan Sheekh Aadan

ciidan4.gif

So Duke sxb if you think this guys will be afraid of your adeero with xabashi soldiers, think hard again . Yeey should realise there are no 'namalayaal' in Mogadishu if that was the case in Puntland. He is the President and should act like one, not as the leader of an invassion party.

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by CHE':

If not, logic would dictate that the gov. be relocated elsewhere.

Which logic..? The logic of fear and hegemony..? I wonder.

[Juma

So Duke sxb if you think this guys will be afraid of your adeero with xabashi soldiers, think hard again . Yeey should realise there are no
'namalayaal'
in Mogadishu if that was the case in Puntland. He is the President and should act like one, not as the leader of an invassion party.

Juma, you do amaze me brother. What did you prove with the pics you showed; most of these groups will support the government and be brought in. As for Abdullahi he has proven his mettle in Galkacyu against the USC and against Al-Itixad in Bari.

As for the comment you made about the bravery and valour of the local bandits of Banadir. Do you remember what happened in 1999 in Badoa? when the bravest, toughest most battled hardened of them all were chased out. It took half an hour. Xuseen Aydeed, Furux, Ilqayte,, Omar Jess and some who now call themselves Islamic courts ran away from more than 40 Technicals and armour in Badoa. And this was from the RRA who had nominal support from Ethiopia. Now suppose you have RRA, Puntland, Hiiraan, Jowhar, Juba, Gedo and some from Mogadishu with real support from the AU and International community. What would be the outcome?

Facts on the ground, nor history supports your arguments dear brother.

horaa waxaa loo yiri dagaal wiil kuma dhashtee wiilbaa kudhinta. and sxb kaay jum, his pointing out to see this army to fight aginat the government if they pring ciidamo nabad i laalin ah.

jum sxb keey waxaa lagu jira sanad cusub umada soomaliyeed waa ay ka daashay dagaal, go ask the youngest one haduu rabo in uu arko dagaal kale ka dhaco soo maaliya.

adigana hada hadladaada waxaa laga dhan dhan sankaraa nin u bisil in aa tahay dagaal. :confused: