Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

FIFA World Player of the Year - Whos your Vote

N.O.R.F   

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3717770.stm

I've been routing for Ronnie since day one, he has been amazing since he went to Barca. The french one just doesnt do it in the big games and at internationla level. Schevcemko does it in the toughest league of all where the defending is a notch or 2 or 3 (in premiership terms) above the rest.

Read these comments before you make ya mind up

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/h2cluster2/h2.cgi?x=y&thread=%3C1101735421-16124.4%40forum5.thdo.bbc.co.uk%3E&board=sixosix.european&state=view&sort=Te

N.O.R.F   

A mirror of my view

i hate to insult people anonymously on an internet message board, but if you think ronaldinho has accheived nothing besides "a bit of showboating" then you are either ****** or you have had your head in the sand for the last 12 months. ronaldinho has performed brilliantly for club and country this year (the only reason he didn't shine in an international tournament was because brazil send a mainly under-23 side to the copa america).

henry was never the most influential player on the pitch in the games that matterered (and if someone brings up that win over inter milan i will scream - one great game doesn't FIFA world player of the year you make).

if deco had've played a more influential role in his country's progression to the euro finals i would've gone for him to win it, but for all his exquisite play in the portugese league and the CL, he did not produce what he was capable of in the euros.

and shevchenko well what can you say? the guy is a legend, i am a man utd fan and even i would be hard pressed to choose between him and RVN. ac milan are lucky he never got itchy feet as the wily ukranian has often carried them single handed with his intelligent forward play and lethal finishing.

i reckon this year's contest should be between ronaldinho and sheva, and while my head tells me that ronaldinho shades it on the basis of sheer talent and entertainment, my heart wants it to go to sheva because i think ronaldinho is going to win it again possibly two or three times in the future and sheva is not getting any younger.

i may be generalising but it seems to me that the only folks voting for henry are gooners. most other football fans seem to see it as between the buck toothed one and andriy shevchenko.

Check this typical english view

Henry has consistantly been class for years. I'm not an Arsenal fan. He has been a MASSIVE influence on Arsenal acheiving what they have in recent seasons. Golden Boot winner last year. I just can't see how a striker who Henry beat to the Golden Boot award can win it. Ronaldinho is class, but again he hasn't done it for as many years as Henry has. I know its judged on last year but I just feel overall Henry deserves it for his performances of the last few years. Ronaldinho does showboat! people love it but is he as effective as other players? Lampard has been awesome in midfield, scoring double figures and creating loads. Who is more effective?

Frank Lampard?????????????????/ :mad: :rolleyes:

re: Fifa World Player of Year award I Against I - 325th post - 29 Nov 2004 15:41

i hate to insult people anonymously on an internet message board, but if you think ronaldinho has accheived nothing besides "a bit of showboating" then you are either ****** or you have had your head in the sand for the last 12 months. ronaldinho has performed brilliantly for club and country this year (the only reason he didn't shine in an international tournament was because brazil send a mainly under-23 side to the copa america).

henry was never the most influential player on the pitch in the games that matterered (and if someone brings up that win over inter milan i will scream - one great game doesn't FIFA world player of the year you make).

if deco had've played a more influential role in his country's progression to the euro finals i would've gone for him to win it, but for all his exquisite play in the portugese league and the CL, he did not produce what he was capable of in the euros.

and shevchenko well what can you say? the guy is a legend, i am a man utd fan and even i would be hard pressed to choose between him and RVN. ac milan are lucky he never got itchy feet as the wily ukranian has often carried them single handed with his intelligent forward play and lethal finishing.

i reckon this year's contest should be between ronaldinho and sheva, and while my head tells me that ronaldinho shades it on the basis of sheer talent and entertainment, my heart wants it to go to sheva because i think ronaldinho is going to win it again possibly two or three times in the future and sheva is not getting any younger.

i may be generalising but it seems to me that the only folks voting for henry are gooners. most other football fans seem to see it as between the buck toothed one and andriy shevchenko. [reply] [Complain about this post]

Next Man said exactly what i wanted to say lol

Sheva all the way, Goofy will win it many more times in the future

Ahh man North why did u have to go n paste next man's view aswell lol

Viking   

I had the previlege of watching Shevschenko when his Dynamo Kiev beat Barcelona 4-0 at the Nou Camp (they beat Barca 3-0 in the return leg, with Sheva again on the scoring list). He scored a hatrick in that game and all the big clubs were after him from that day (including the Barcelona he help beat). He signed for Milan and was top scorer almost every year. He has been overlooked for the golden ball award a couple of times but surely deserves it this time. Ronaldinho entered the international stage a couple of years ago and will definately win the award a few times if he keeps up his current form.

mojam   

All three players are awesome. Ronaldinho is for sure better than the other two.

The other two are unseen for most of the 90 minute playing time.

However that doesn't say anything. Ronaldinho is supposed to have a lot of pocession of the ball; His position after all is center-mid. Whereas Henry & Shevechenko are strikers and are seen the one minute of celebration. That is when a goal is scored.

On the other hand, I would really like to see Shevchenko get this award since both Ronaldinho & Henry already pocess the biggest price in this sport, the WORLD CUP.

And yes Shevchenko does it in the toughest league in the world defensively. I think it would be a different story if Henry or Ronaldinho where put to the same test.

Therefore, my first vote goes to

Ronaldinho

and the second to

Shevchenko

nafta   

You guys dont know nothing. Let a girl break it down to you. I guess I know why ypu are hating on Henry, simply because you are a Man Utd fan. Thierry has taken the striking role to a whole new level with him having the most assists as a striker AND being top scorer last season. He does not perform aswell on the International scene because the French team play in a different way than he is used to week in week out with Arsenal. He has also been playing with an injury throughout the season. Remember he did come second to none other than the great Zidane last year in the Fifa WPoTY. Theirry Henry performs in what is argueably the hardest league in Europe where pace dictates play.

Ronnie is a wonderful player with all round abilities but I do not think he is capable of scoring complete solos like Henry did against Liverpool and Tottenham(2003). Ronnie has great control of the ball and mainly supllies for the strikers. Ronnie and Henry are almost incomparable because they play in totally different positions.

Meanwhile Shevchenko is a great finisher and has good ball control and does play against hard defences. But I do not think he is capable of getting anywhere near Henry's number of assists and also being capable of being top scorer at the same time.

Henry is the overall best striker AND player that walks the Earth and he should no doubt win it.

Peace ;)

Fair Comment sis lol am impressed ( hope that wasnt too patronising am genuiely impressed. )

But.....

Shev wins Golden Ball

Although no official announcement will be made until December 13, a number of media reports insist that the player will be handed the Golden Ball.

It has been alleged that Milan have already been informed of the result by ‘France Football’, the magazine who organise the award.

Shev is expected to be handed the trophy at the ‘Canal Plus’ studios in 10 days time after his victory is confirmed.

Eurosport

I would be mightly impressed if this is true, the got it rigth with Nedved last year, lets see if they get it right this time around.

Ronaldihno will win many trophy's and awards in his career he is already a world cup, coppa america winner.

Lets see at the end of the year i think he will have made his case for the next run of awards

But Henry should be happy with the nomination but he cant put himself infront of his running mates who have enjoyed more success

BOB   

I would have given it to THIERRY HENRY simply because he was cheated last year when they gave it to the Ball Juggling Bold aka Zizou.

Peace,Love & Unity.

haha, who said girlies don't know about footy??

ronaldinho great, shevi great, henry also great i guess, just i don't know him ...

shevi is older he should of had it, and he got it ... ronaldinhos time will come :rolleyes: as will zlatan's hopefully :rolleyes: