Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Backing the wicked?

The word is out that Mr. Raage Shiiraar and M Dheere are in Puntland. Mr Shiiraar has been seen in Boosaaso while Mohamed Dheere has been spotted in Gaalkacyo. Both men are remnant of the now bankrupt and the defeated Mogadishu’s so-called Anti-terror Coalition. Most Somalis welcomed the demise of these warlords when defeated by Mogadishu’s Islamic Courts. Good riddance, we all said. Even their supporters were ashamed to publicly admit the financial backing and military support they gave to these mercenaries. When heard reports that Mohamed Dheere and Mr. Shiiraar are in Puntland, I couldn’t help but struggle to understand the wisdom behind inviting men who not only obstructed the birth of Somali state but also attempted to enslave fellow Muslims in return of meager financial sum. Why?

Could it be because Puntland is about to be used as a staging area for exporting fellow Somalis? If that is the case what are they to gain from it? Or is it possible since these men are shunned by most of the neighboring countries, interested parties want to use Puntland as a platform to organize them in a bit to recapture Mogadishu…and continue the business of fighting terror! Once again, what is in it for Puntland in that venture?

Or am I reading too much in to this whole saga and the men whom I am discussing about are no more than fleeing refugees. I wish that was the case, but even if it’s why Puntland risk taking warlords whom even Ethiopia is, at least publicly, avoiding to harbor? Perhaps the ultimate question is whether Puntland is independent! It should be.

It’s an invitation for a moral defeat to harbor these men. Puntland is committing a vital error if it truly intends to support them or offer its land as a staging area for them. It’s wrong and untimely, I say. What do you say?

me   

I hope they take a boat from Bosaso to Yemen and get dumped in the middle of the sea just like all their victims.

Dhubad.   

^I guess this will give the Union Courts a legitimate excuse to invade Puntland in order to smoke out the remaining terrorist and those who harbored them.

smoke out the remaining terrorist and those who harbored them.

ok Dubya

Invade a peaceful region of Somalia just to smoke two criminals. Hopefully, the courts wouldn't be dis s-tupid.

Duufaan   

simply political sucide. if mr Raage is in Boosaaso, this is a serious mistake. He could go Hargeysa, where his popular.

Raage and Maxamed Dheere are political dead and they cannot reinvent themself for near the future. I do not see any benifit inviting them.

The massage is very clear, we are not happy the changes in moqdisho. this is worst, the court policy "we do not want a goverment leading by Abdilaahi yusuf".

It also can be interprut that puntland administration are same mafia team who do not trust majority of people in that region and they feel that they are same boat with moqdiso warlods.

Jacpher   

^Perhaps Puntland admin and the warlords now have a common enemy, Hassan Dahir Aweys.

It’s a wrong move for Puntland to host these criminals. They should deport them. Another ugly face of Somali politics.

^^Markaan Puntland waa loo baqay wallee :D .

If this is true, it’s a clear departure of what Puntland stood for: peace and stability. Relatively speaking of course. I have been uneasy about Cadda’s utter incompetence. The ramification of this is really bad. Just do the basic arithmetic. Incompetence plus glaring immorality and the result is a calamity.

But as always lets stay with questions and reserve judgment as this news is rather raw.

^^^ First lets get something stright. It is wrong for Puntland admin to allow these ****** in, if that is if the story is true.

The Puntland adminstration should pay a heavy price for hosting these criminals...

Puntland is a Muslim real estate, first and foremost.