Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

Is PM a real condition and do women use it as an excuse?

Just curious as to whether PM is used by women as excuse to hit, get grumpy, or snapping at someone.

Do women use the PMS as a tool in your opinions?

And before anyone concerned gets defensive about it, this is just for educational purpose and not a gender war.

Dangerous ground Shaqsii...

PMS is a valid medical condition...which is treatable with hormones. Those who suffer from PMS can't help themsleves. I don't think any woman in her right mind would use it as an excuse to be abusive. More often than not, women who suffer from the most severe form of PMS, are the ones who don't think they have it at all...so they can't understand why they lose their temper/control so easily and so often.

It's quite sad actually, because the syndrome affects every aspect of a woman's life...work, relationships with colleagues, friends & family and even mental health.

Barwaaqo sis I know I know....hope the shid dont hit the roof. By the way I was asking because I heard some woman had torched her man and in court gave the excuse of PMS. Somehow I dont think A somali sis can do that but then again mental illness never discriminates.

Macalin   

Was Lorena Bobbit(yall rem her!..) the case of a a PMS!'

I have a frend of mine who gets EMOTIONAL(yacni cries over everything!) and 3 hrs laters shes the WORST BIAA on the planets FACE!(gosh!)..talk of mood swings!

However, i have the feeling that women should be GRANTED immunity when on PMS!(its only a shot period!)

One more follwUP Q..is WALAC!(what do yu call it in english!) a pyschological thingi or wassup?..when my auntie was pregnant,lol..ninkeeda ey ku walacdee and she couldnt even see him(alla matag aa i haayo!..uuf uff-was her words!..bisinke)..and on the flip side anigana waa igu walacde(ani moogi NIN KALA atgeeda masoo istaageenin!-lol).she even named her baby boy aftre me....anyways..

everytime she gets pregnant that poor man takes a VACATION(and hes an aqwaan-now imagine what he does!)

shaqsi sorry for diverting..bro..i jsut feel like saying things today!

lol...who da hell is Lorena Bobbit???...lol..she sounds like a cartoon character...lol

anywayz...i remember in health class when the teacher would talk about PMs and i would be thinkin "i feel sorry for da fool who hangs around that long">>>lol...joke...but i don't think that PMs can be an excuse for torchin' ur husband...dat's just sick..cadaan sick..lol...black folks...therefore somalians see..they don't do that stuff cuz they think of the economic aspects of burnin' dat body..lol.."if i burn him, no child-support".."if i burn him, imma have to find a job"...na uh...noooooooo way..lol..dat's wat we be thinkin'...lol...so consider urselves guys...lol

Honesita   

loool@Opinionated.....why dont u look it up in the dictionary....!!!

I never really realized that i act up because of my PMS....until oneday i started yellin' at my brother for some stupid reason and my mother told him 'hooyo iska dhaaf, waa markeediiyee'...ever since i use it as an excuse to get what i want or have things to go my way...i luv my mother...lol...!!!

Salaamz

Raheem   

looooooooool Double Dose your economical analysis of burning your man was impressive. If I burn my wife let me think of what economical affects I will have?

NONE!!!

Jamilah   

Asalamu Alaykum,

I don't really care if PM is scientifically proven or treatable it's just a pathetic excuse for women to take their anger out on people beacuse they are living their miserable lives and they are going through pain and want others to experience it............TALK ABOUT SELFISH.

Emerald   

lol.....SHAQSII...i get wer yur comin 4rm...im a sista myself nd i get my period but dat dnt mean i gots d rite 2 disrespect every1 round me ders tablets 4 dat, if a gyal does get a heavy PM (considerin her age-d younger d less she gonna bite yur hed off) den she is goin thruu hell nd needs yu 2 jus chill 4 d comin 5 days.......lol if i du get moody is probably cos of a major operation goin badly rung...peace bruv,i understand yur frustration nd gyals usin deyr PM as an excuse need serious therapy...cos a simple tablet cn take care of d so called pain...tanx 4 bringin up d subject though.....PEACE :D

Haneefah   

It's a condition that exists as Burwaaqo mentioned and obviously it affects every woman differently because of physiological reasons. However some women might take it to the extreme, but the idea of using it as an "excuse" is kinda silly and many would not do that i think.

But seriously...some symptoms are extremely painful and some guyz may see it as a joke, but wallah, trust me...you men DO NOT wanna experience it!...i happen to be one of those ppl with bad symptoms, and that's the only time i sincerely wish if i were a man (just momentarily) :D

Ibtisaam   

Nafisa i feel your pain sis...Its PAINFULL full stop :( . I've seen it with my sister it is soo bad.

Anyways I remember this one time i started this ridicules argument with my cousin and i really took out on him (poor dude)...yelling at him and everything. It was so not me. Anyways he comes around couple days later and he said to me did you come down? And am like what? He goes remember the other day... than i noticed right there and than that it was all because of my PM. I never new that i get snappy, grumpy and argumentative when i get my thing :confused: . Ohh well a little self lesson learned there.

However I don’t use PM to justify my behavior. Although I am thinking of starting to use it now to get my ways around the house :Dicon_razz.gif