Sign in to follow this  
Thinkerman

Good News For Gunners...

Vanquish lol mourinho was making me laugh through out all stages of the match he was his cool arrogant self, kinda reminds me of Arsene Wenger when he first started before the english battle mentality decended on him.

BOB   

In my opinion Chelski were very lucky to come away with a draw yesterday because Arsenal were all over them especially in the last 20 minutes or so and Oooh what a miss by Henry, he was very unlucky not to score the winning goal and his HATTRICK!

I believe Arsenal will beat them when they meet at the Bridge and they should have beaten them yesterday but as they say the lady luck was singing the Blues.

shujui man, i think a ur due for a username change, there must be some law some where against naming urself after a drama queen. nways playa i missed da game n from wha i read henry flopped, sure some of u say he was great, but i think he only flattered to deceive. baaniyal i am sorry man i lost hope in dis frenchie, after he went into hiding during the manu game while reyes was gettin da crap kicked out of his legs by da relate hooligans.

BOB   

Originally posted by Vanquish_V12:

i am sorry man i lost hope in dis frenchie, after he went into hiding during the manu game while reyes was gettin da crap kicked out of his legs by da relate hooligans.

I think you are being too harsh on Henry, do you know the guy is not even 100% fit and yet he is the top scorer of the league with cool 15 goals.

If you play football yourself I think you will understand that there are days when everything you try goes against you and you will miss the simplest of chances after chances and Henry stood up to be counted when Arsenal needed him most in all the years he has been playing for them and don't forget if it weren't for him Arsenal would've never achieved that record anyway so give credit where it's due.

Yes he was awful when Gunners lost to United but how many times do you hear people say that about Henry?

I think his only crime is that he set a high standard for himself to a point where we sometimes completely forget that he is only a human after all.

Arsenal would have lost on Sunday to Chelsea had it not been the brilliance of Thierry Henry and yes they might have won it too had he not ballooned the ball over the cross par but who is a Genuine Arsenal Fan in his/her right frame of mind that can blame him?

Thierry Henry is 70% of Arsenal Football Club.

Peace,Love & Unity.

Baaniyal   

Raula what place do you speak of?

Vanquish "ohhh looorr" indeed my friend, relax on the exam thing,or you might pop a vein!

Damn cocky Mourinho, has the swagger of a king,and deservedly so.

Henry played his heart out in that game, reyes was dissapointing,and Pires had his moments. I must say that Robben is quite a catch for Chelsea, he is a one footed player who can still beat you of the dribble. That ****** miss by Henry is the sheer reason why he still can't be classed with the Sheva's and Ronaldo's. Entertaining game, and one that should always hold the flag for the PL. Manu could learn alot from Chelsea, rather than try and disguise rugby for football.

Shujui the winter break is here and you know what that means--> a few wks of PL footy only, u must be excited!

BOB   

Originally posted by Baaniyal:

That ****** miss by Henry is the sheer reason why he still can't be classed with the Sheva's and Ronaldo's.

you should stick to cricket mate :D:D:D .

so what you are saying is "Ronaldo and Shevchenko Don't Miss?" if you are then you must have been watching the wrong sport mate.

you can't judge a player by one single miss when he scored two fantastic goals,i guess that sums up your knowledge of this wonderful game called FOOTBALL.

P.S Just in case you didn't watch, Shevchenko missed an easier chance than Henry's against Fiorentina yet he scored two average goals and Ronaldo he ballooned the ball over the cross par when it looked easier to score than to miss and guess what mate? there was no Goalie on sight yet he scored a wonderful goal...so my point is you can't judge a player by one single miss regardless how costly that miss turned out to be.

I REST MY CASE.

Peace, Love & Unity.

hey bob, i always wanted to say that to a somali.

nways, its about rising to the occation, did u see what ronaldihno and shevshenco changed during the the cl encounters. big players come out in big games. henry is good but he doesnt have da ability to carry his team, n that doesnt just mean scorin goals look at zidan, if it wasnt for him france would have never won da world cup, its not always about skill there is also psychological part to it. na mean champions got it pretenders fall short.

peace.

BOB   

Hey Homer, i always wanted to say that to you :D .

Brother man, once again I disagree with you because I don't know where this "he doesn't rise to the occasion" talk coming from because the only match winner Arsenal has is Henry and if he wasn't doing his job we wouldn't be talking about Arsenal now, would we?

Zidane won the world cup for France? Oh please, yes I agree with you but only if you are talking about the final match where his two goals were the difference but if you mean the whole tournament then I am sorry, i don't agree! because there were matches where he was completely missing and don't forget he was red carded against Saudis so where was he when the team played against Paraguay and Croatia? Don't get me wrong, Zidane is a great player, the best of his generation but even a great player like him has his own bad games where he wishes to be some where else, for example the game at Euro2000 final against Italy, what has he done? He was no where to be seen but can you really judge a player on a few matches that he was out of sorts?

If you are blaming Henry just because he didn't win the Champs league for the Gunners then I think you should blame the rest of the team as well as football is a team sport where 11 players form a team, Zidane was at Juve, has he ever won it for the Old Lady? Shevchenko took the final kick of the penalties that won the cup for the Rosaneri but can you really argue that he won the cup for his team?

Henry, destroyed Inter Milan almost single handedly but I guess that wasn't a big game in your eyes right?

Brother man, let's talk about facts here and not what a bias journalist wrote about him because the more I read your comments the more you sound like a magazine that I read somewhere, GIVE CREDIT WHERE IT'S DUE my Brother.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Clapp Clapp Clapp for BoB!!!... Standing Ovation!!!

Well done ...State Facts folks...otherwise..mere accusation doesn't work....specially this era where football info can be Send to your mobile within secs...

cheers

Baaniyal   

Bob you seem to be still watching Henry from your rose tinted glasses, that's alright i put mine on sometimes when the need to be all Arsenal is there. For you to misunderstand the lying conception me and vanquish are trying to point out about Henry's no-show phase in big games, proves to us that you speak from a biased view and "va va voom" perspective. Being a long time serving Arsenal fan,I can sit here and name for you all the games i had my fists cuffed wondering where did Henry dissapear too. Let's cut the crap about the Inter Milan game(what about the first game), where was he when Arsenal was losing in the uefa cup final to a 10 man Galatasaray, where was he when Arsenal was getting knocked out 2 seasons by Valencia(albeit him scoring a lovely goal),what about last season's important CL quarterfinal game against Chelsea. You don't get it i think, journalist don't just start making up stories about a player's lack of tenacity for the big games, it is what we all witness. The way Wenger designed this team,is to play to Henry's best abilities, that is why things don't go right for him when he plays for France or if he did move on to play for another team. Go watch the video of the first goal against Chelsea last weekend, he doesn't even look to see where the goal is,just shoots straight and it finds the net. Very simple Henry still has that problem of missing simple chances,like his days in Monaco and now Arsenal. No doubt he improves every year, otherwise we would have the debacle of the 2001 FA cup against Liverpool, where he missed so many chances,you wonder what team he was playing for and northerner can testify to that. Sheva has did it in the big games and still is,even if he came from injury to score that penalty for AC Milan in CL final,you should ask yourself would Henry have made that,or miss like he did so many times at the penalty spot(Depo at Highbury,Keiv,Juventus under 23 team..etc). Or can you see him breaking the ranks of AC Milan to score a thunderous strike in the last minutes of the game,maybe so but we yet have to see it. This season is his to prove in the CL and so far am dissapointed. But the crunch games are the knockout ones,so the Bayern game he has to show us why he won't let Roy maakay(the orthodox striker) outshine him.

Baaniyal, in my opinion ur not even an Arsenal fan. First of all because a real gunner (like my self) wouldn't diss his own players. U talk about Henry not being able to shine in big games wat about the INTER MILAN GAME (WHICH U INSIST TO IGNORE) THAT MATCH WAS A MUST WIN GAME FOR THEM AND PPL WERE TALKIN ABOUT HOW HENRY HAD TO SHINE AND HE REPLIED IN GREAT STYLE

U TALK ABOUT HIM NOT BEING ABLE TO TAKE GOOD PENALTIES HWO ABOUT THE ONE AGAINST LEEDS UTD WHERE HE JUST CHIPPED IT IN AND LEFT THE GOALKEEPER STRANDED ADN HE DID THE SAME AGAINST NEWCASTLE