Sign in to follow this  
Thinkerman

Good News For Gunners...

Henry in running for Fifa award

_40539061_henry203.jpg

Is he playing footie or Doing the 100m :confused: icon_razz.gif

Thierry Henry is one of three finalists for Fifa's World Player of Year award.

Apart from the Arsenal striker the other two finalists are also forwards - Barcelona's Ronaldinho and AC Milan's Andriy Shevchenko.

Cant see Past Ronaldihno on form myself smile.gif , But on Merit it has to be Champions League and Seria A winner Shevchenko. 104 in 165 Seria Games

Last Year's Award

Baaniyal   

let's cut the crap, this award is always based on last season's accomplishments. All 3 are more deserving then previous finalists this time around. But very simply Henry outshone the other two in the most important categories. Winning the EPL with an undeafeated season,reaching the quarterfinals of the CL, and ofcourse the most important stat -->winning the Golden Boot for being Europe's Top scorer.

Wlcm bk Baay smile.gif Long time no see?

Common Saxiib, i admit to not rating Henry :D at all, but can u honestly look past Ronaldhino following last year's and this years performances!!!He is Pound for Pound the Number one genius in world football right now

But i have a soft sport for the Goal-Machine called Shevchenko who's goals have saved Milan from Mediocrity and powered them to Champions League Glory and Seria titles in the last 2 years.

Baaniyal   

Yes Totti(shujui i knew u as,before you went on a quest of namechanges) it's good to be back, but now am on dial up speed,so am on lesser. Looks like the Gunner Brigade has increased ten fold since my departure,ehhh?

No doubt that Ronnie is the King Kong of Football at the mo,and lightweights like Henry don't come close to comparison, But again this award is for that individual who accomplished most of a footballers goals in a full season. And it is Henry that has done that last season! But if we are to discuss the most deserving individual who should have had a few by now,then it is Sheva!

Maybe it is not yet Henry's time,until he shows it big on the important games. Problem for henry is that Ronnie will win the award for the next couple of years probably!

Warya Vanquish how is life treating you at cold and windy Montreal? Hopefully the finals hasn't got you losing plenty of hair,lol!

Yeah the gunners brigade increased and alot of bragging followed aswell lol.

I wont begrudge Henry winning it, for goodness sake dacid beckham had been voted twice 2nd best player in the world :confused: . But when it comes to pressure cooker performers, then Goofey and the Ukranian have more impressive records.

is good to know u alive playa, as tha cold goes u aint betta off na imean, man am goin back home dec. 17, am holla at u den. exams r killin me but u know how it is rogaine is my secret weapon. too bad it aint covered in my health plan.

N.O.R.F   

But when it comes to pressure cooker performers, then Goofey and the Ukranian have more impressive records.

true

Warya Baaneyal, welcome back saxib, where u been, u cant just come back after a year and not let us know where u been, that’s disrespectful (innit sujui?) give us the lowdown mate?

Baaniyal   

Well as Vanquish would testify too, I moved from lovely old Canada, to the hustle and bustle of Minneapolis-St Paul, or as the somalis would refer to it by the state name "Minnishoda". Let's just say my Euro 2004 experience was sitting in the midst of a tiny somali cafe that had a satellite and the place was jam packed you don't know if you are in a cafe or a meat market. And everytime a cross or a move happened the whole place would go buckwild,and then the arguments and punches start ,in where the cafe owner has to step in by turning the T.V. off until the whole ruckus has quited down. So basically out of a 90 minute game,only 20 minutes would be watched, the rest is arguments and fights back and forth.And let's not talk about the heat,look like a japanese sauna up in there. But what do you expect from a city that is run by somalis, in where a stretch of one of the busiest streets in the city can be blocked off,so Hassan Samater can sing on top of a moving stage! Anyways enough that maddness, what sickens me here in America, is that as football gets more and more televised, they are charging to watch almost everygame now. For example I had to pay $20 to watch that melee of Arsenal-Manu, and same for Arsenal-Pool, and today it's Arsenal-chelsea, that's 60 bucks in 2mnths time to watch games most folk watch for free. And forget about CL games,they rather televise fishing or hunting down here.

Anyways i've ranted for long, what y'all think about the tinkerman Ranieri flopping at a Valencia that had all their players from last season added with the 2 italian strikers? I always thought he wasn't much of a coach!

raula   

^^^^ :D welcome to the city of real nomads dear. Speaking of footie-I wont mind suggesting a cool place you can watch them games-where the buzzing nomads wont interrupt-tis a secret ;)

I see Baay

So an eventual summer lol, hey hope the move has gone well.

I was down Mn this summer for 10 days anyway, i came across a nice footie spot aswell :D , i cant rember the Malls name though, i think its called Mall 24 or something.

baaniyal, as dear friend would say ooh lorrrrr!!!

its 9 30 sunday mornin, last night just about every soccer freak in dis school offered me to come watch the game at his house, but a monday mornin mind blistering exam is on my way. boy would i love to see mourinho's face during the game.