Sign in to follow this  
QabiilDiid

A Somali unionist is arrested in Hargeisa

At the heart of the secessionists......

A delegate of a Somali unionist party who arrived in Hargeisa is arrested for giving an interview to a Somaliweyn journalist Mr. Jamal Ibrahim Mohamed stationed in that city. The delegate Mr. Abdi Adan Diriye spoke about his party's objectives and the personal values he believes in. In both of these areas, he stressed that the unity of Somali Republic is the pivotal policy around which his personal mission and his party’s ambitions rotate. Mr. Diriye ascertained that he has found large numbers of Hargeisa’s residents are receptive to his party’s (SSUP) political ideology. This interview was done on July 30th, 2006 and posted on Somaliweyn website, and today, August 1, 2006, the so-called CID of Hargeisa municipal council hijacked Mr. Diriye from his home at gun point. I wonder where is Somali Service BBC’s Yuusuf Gaaraad? If a bird farts in Hargeisa, his right man Ina Cige reports. Why don’t they take the case of this Somali hero and show the world how “the best kept secret of African democracy†is flourishing.

Mother Queen is this what you tought them?

-------------------------------------------------

Wakiilkii xisbiga SSUP ee magaalada Hargeysa oo xabsiga loo taxaabay

Somaliweyn -Hargeysa-01/08/06

ssup_chairman_Hargeysa.JPG

Ciidanka Police-ka ee magaalada Hargeysa ayaa saaka xabsiga u taxaabay Cabdi Aadan Diiriye (C/raxiim) isaga oo jooga gurigiisa magaalada Hargeysa.

Ilaa hada ma cada sababta loo xidhay Cabdi Aadan Diiriye. waxa uu haatan ku sugan yahay xarunta ciidanka CID-da ee magaalada Hargeysa halkaasi oo su`aalo lagu weydiinaayo.

Qaar ka tirsan ciidanka CID-da oo aan la hadlay ayaa ii sheegay in aanay hada bixinayn wax wara tan iyo inta uu baadhitaanku ka dhamaanaayo isla markaana su`aalaha la weydiinaayo Mr. cabdi si weyn looga boganaayo.

Soo qabashada Cabdi Aadan Diiriye (C/Raxiim) ayaa waxa amarkiisa bixisay laanta dambi baadhista ee magaalada Hargeysa, waxana ilaa saaka la weydiinaayay su`aalo dhowra oo sida la ii sheegay ay ka mid yihiin ururka uu sheegtay in uu ka shaqeeyo ee SSUP magaalada Hargeysa howlaha uu qabto iyo cida maalgelisa, waxa kale oo su`aalaha la weydiinaayay ka mid ahaa waa maxay sababta keentay in aad ka wado howlo aanu qaranku ogayn magaalada Hargeysa.

Cabdi Aadan Diiriye waxa uu waraysi dheer oo dhinacyo badan taabanaya siiyay shabakada wararka ee Somaliweyn taasi oo uu kaga hadlay arrimo dhowra oo ay ugu muhiimsanayd shaqada uu uga hayo ururka SSUP magaalada Hargeysa, taasi oo ay dawlada Somaliland ka cadhootay jiritaanka ururkaasi.

Ilaa hada wax wari kama soo bixin dhanka Xukumada Somaliland oo ku saabsan waxa ay ka ******** baadhitaankaasi iyo su`aalahaasi la weydiiyay Mr Cabdi raxiim

Sidoo kale ururada xuquuqal insaanka ayaan ka hadal sababta loo xidhay iyo waxa ay ka ogyihiin xadhiga muwaadinkaasi.

Jamaal_somaliweyn.gif

JAMAAL IBRAHIM MAXED

HARGAYA

RedSea   

Mr. Nayruus, you said the same thing in a thread that you posted about some SL army soldiers crossing over to Puntland few weeks back, I am wondering how important does a news have in order to be reported on the BBC? If the BBC didn't report it then so what? you are giving the BBC too much credit here bro.

'One man said something and he was arrested in Hargeysa', doesn't this sound a bird's "fart"itself to you compare to the larger scale and the political mess in the south today in which understandibly the BBC is paying more attention to.

The man probably allready knew where Somaliland and Somaliweyne issue stand, so if I were him, I probably wouldn't utter such thing on Somaliland's home turf having the mind set that I'd be waking up from the cell next morning. It's just common sense.

Thanks,

Mr.REDy

me   

Mr. Red Sea,

This news shows that the secessionist entity is not a 'democratic' entity and that expressing your views can get you in jail if not worse. This also shows why there isn't much decent among the people of the North West because if they express their opinion they will be thrown into jail.

So do you understand the point now? No one is able to talk about or criticise the secession without consequences and that’s why a large majority of the people are keeping their mouths shut.

A narrow minded group is holding the majority of the people in the North West hostage. If you want to defend the secessionists come with better arguments then "he should have had common sense".

Thank you

me   

Mr. Oodweyne,

You are full of hot air as usual. To sum up your little tantrum:

-Lavishly designed sentences that say nothing

-Personal attacks towards me

-and at the end in your infinite wisdom called the unionist politician a fascist and compared the Somali unionists with fascists

Wow you are on to something here I must say smile.gif

The secessionist entity claims to be 'democratic' yet it fails on all the benchmarks of a democracy.

Freedom of speech, freedom to liberties, freedom of organization, and rights of individuals and minorities. Address these issues ‘dear lad’ before you go on your wild tantrums again. The secessionist entity is an oppressive entity that shows us time and time again that the rule of law is non-existent there. To remind you of the case of the kangaroo court that tried 16-year-old girl Zamzam Ahmed Dualeh that was raped and beaten by the secessionist militia.

Arresting the SSUP politician Cabdi Aadan Diiriye on the basis that he is a pro-unionist politician is the only facism here. To use your usual rhetoric, this arrest reminds me of Nazi Germany and Stalinist Russia.

For those nor familiar with the case of zamzam check this link

http://web.amnesty.org/library/index/engafr520052004

even our toddlers

The nomad brother called ''me'' summed up everything that needed to be said about oodweyne's post but what grudge does the man has towards toddlers?In his time if pple were graduating from uni in their old 40ies,today we have 20year old elites.Going back to the Islamic History coz he sounds to be ignorant of that,Young pple like osama led armies of sahabas to wars .Actually this man sounds like the old men who complained to Hadrat omar when ibn abbas was there saying ''we have little boys like him at home'' and when asked about the verse,they didn't know the meaning of it.In simple words,what am saying is that u do not speak like an old man would have let alone that of a wise man ,u just punished our eyes for reading a long post with no sense at all.Sxb kala saar caqli iyo waayelnimo.Waayelkasto ma aha aqyaar cilmi leh marka caruurta hadii ee kaa tilaabo dheereyen,dee ha hor boodine yara dhageeso awoowe. :D

NGONGE   

^^^^ :D

I think you missed his point there, saaxib (or possibly it was done on purpose). In short, when he talks about toddlers, he’s not talking about age. He’s attempting to belittle your political knowledge.

As you can see, he went on to list and explain why being a democracy does not stop a state (or entity in our case) from arresting those it accuses of treason. The extent of that state’s democratic pretensions are found by the process that follows the arrest. Will due process be applied? Will the accused be given a chance to challenge his arrest (and the charge of treason) in court?

Somaliland claims to have donned the cloak of democracy, is that evident in it’s actions and the way it conducts itself or is it merely a case of emperor’s new clothes?

I’m undecided either way but only thought I’d bring you together to a point where there is a basic understanding of what’s being said here.

Shoddy comprehension is the slayer of any debate.

Sophist   

Hiding behind long winded sentences that in reality are nothing but a classically doddering will not get us anywhere. Name calling is emblematic of puerile intellectuality. Thusly, for all our sakes, let us not be scatological about matters that are all important to us.Somali Politics (the idea of taking the helm of the state for one’s own interest) is a game that those who engage in it seldom understand it's complexies-- mainly because they allow their sentimental bull to take them for a long ride. The matter is even worst when those of us who know little about the realities of real politik try to make sense of the insane world this mad cow operates in.

Walaalayaal, Alaah halaga cabsado. Qof walba waxa uu leeyahay Ma’laik ayaa qoreysa.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^^^
:D

I think you missed his point there, saaxib (or possibly it was done on purpose). In short, when he talks about toddlers, he’s not talking about age. He’s attempting to belittle your political knowledge.

Eh,now i understand sxb.Shukran. :D Well sxb,u ain't the only one who is undecided about the somalian politics.Not long ago i was confused trying to side with either the tfg or the uic ,then i found that they were both biased and represented their own agendas rather than that of the nation.One thing i know for sure is that if the south becomes peaceful,there is a great possibility of all somalian lands to be liberated and the problem is that liberators do not exist and only pple liberate themselves. :confused:

Baashi   

So my man Mr. Oodweyne Siad Barre's brutal clampdown against treasonous SNM is justified, right? According to your line of reasoning SNM were treasonous in their attempt to subvert the state no! The “diffuse and ornate†styled write-up :D you’ve tried to defend the secessionists’ attempt to silence the voices of dissent is troubling!

Tell me tell me sweet lies oh no you can’t disguise! :D Adduunyo! And you come here and tell us that the question of whether to secede or not has been decided through the ballot!!!!

Where the hell is this dude from? If he is not a somalilander,then by all means the somaliland government has everyright to question,arrest and detain anyone who might DTP(Disturbing the peace) the rather calm and peaceful somaliland.

If he is a resident of somaliland(Which am guessing)likewise,the CID of the country has the right and in my opinion did the right thing by questioning a man who is clearly not for the good of the somaliland agenda. They have got to find out who sent him,who is financing his party so and so forth as usual with CID all over AFRICA.

If anything,why would a somali unionist come to a sessionist home and persuade ppl?

me   

Brownie a few questions

1. What is a ‘Somalilander’?

2. How do you know that this man (Disturbed the peace)? Or are you just assuming?

3. What happened to the basic rules of democracy? And human rights?

4. Does every entity have the right to arrest anyone that is ‘not good for their agenda’?

5. How do you propose we persuade the secessionists to change their mind? By force? War? Or by democratic means?

Originally posted by me:

Brownie a few questions

1. What is a ‘Somalilander’?

2. How do you know that this man (Disturbed the peace)? Or are you just assuming?

3. What happened to the basic rules of democracy? And human rights?

4. Does every entity have the right to arrest anyone that is ‘not good for their agenda’?

5. How do you propose we persuade the secessionists to change their mind? By force? War? Or by democratic means?

A few answers:

1.A somalilander is a person who is a resident either by birth or naturalized citizen of the geographical and political bounderies that is somaliland, This country that is just north of what used to be the country of somalia,now a collection of chieftains and sheikhdoms

2.I am assuming. And i have my reasons. The CID of any country has the discretion of catogarizing what is DTP or not. You certainly dont know if he *DIDNT* disturb the peace either,so yes i assumed and as long as its not clear if he didnt disturb the peace,i might as well assume.

3. In matters of national interest and those that normally involve the CID,i have never known any country,even the great custodian of "Democracy" that paid attention to those cliches of human rights and bla bla.

4.I dont know if every entitity has the right to arrest anyone who diasgrees with them,but i sure damn well know that EVERY entity has the damn right to question anyone that they feel is questionable.The CID felt he was upto no good,they questioned him. Theres no law that says people cannot be questioned.They will be and can be questioned.

5. I am not proposing anything,i dont plan on proposing anything and i certainly dont know how to propose matters that are of somaliland's .Becoz for one am not a citizen of somaliland so i doont know what to propose. Maybe odeyweyne and suldanka and Ngonge can perhaps shade more light on how a proposal on such things can work(am sorry cant help there) :cool:

I hope i have answered ur questionare

me   

You have given me your opinion and that’s all I asked for. Thank you for your participation.

I assume now that you approve all forms of oppression as long as it’s done in the name of the 'national interest', going by this rule one can also assume that the crimes committed by Siad Barre’s regime against the Somali people were done in the name of the national interest so they were no crimes.

Democracy and Human rights are just 'bla bla' as you have said.

The point that you have missed here is, the secessionist entity claims to be democratic, yet they failed on the benchmarks of democracy.

That’s all smile.gif

Originally posted by me:

I assume now that you approve all forms of oppression as long as it’s done in the name of the 'national interest'

^Waryaa,Do not misquote me. See,this is what i dont get,you asked for my opinion and as you have acknoledged you have read it.Then you turn around and misquote and say unfounded things about me. I will let you do the neccesary I.E apologize for being a silly somali/lander. Theres a clear difference between approving opressions and "Not knowing" any country that respected civil liberties when they feel like it.

3. In matters of national interest and those that normally involve the CID,
i have never known any country,even the great custodian
of "Democracy" that paid attention to those cliches of human rights and bla bla.

The point that you have missed here is, the secessionist entity claims to be democratic, yet they failed on the benchmarks of democracy.

Well go sue them then,lol. Dude or shall i say atheer(where is castro?)you are fingering yourself over a semi independent democratic country whereas the great custodians of democracy does not respect human rights issues and bla bla(oops i did it again). The recent renditions,Abu gharaib & Guatanamo are but just examples. See wax kaa yihin niyow? So what they claim to be democratic? does it make them undemocratic if they questioned or question a pro somali unity person? smile.gif