Sign in to follow this  
me

Puntland hands over Somali clerics to Ethiopia

N.O.R.F   

Now if my white friend can go to work in Hargansia for 3 months and come back well and allive i don't see why a somali should have a problem.

Maybe he just wants to portray the 'I cant live in Hargaisa because i'm not allowed to' line but infact it may actually be him not wanting to live there because he doesnt like the 'scenery' ;)

*stirs the big black pot*

Ibtisam   

WHo said intimidation dear? Don't put words in my mouths, I just said don't make your self a target or upset people on purpose. For example I would not go to New York (or any part in America) and say 911 is justifiable, due to all problems and invasions you subject Muslims countries to.

If I wear a t-shirt that says "Long live Osama" in London I will get harassed and abused and then arrested within 10mins of leaving my home. If I said Suicide bombing in self defense in excusable I will be arrested and prosecuted. If I said I Love Islam, and walked in certain areas, my end destination will be a hospital, trust me on that one.

I'm not from Hargisa nor is my family, but i know i will feel right at home anywhere in the horn inculding Harigsa.

As for being killed for clan reasons, I can assure you that Hargisa is multi clan city, don't worry your little head about everything, take a trip there, you might be surprised.

you rather live in a
free, fair and just city (society)where everyone is treated equaly, where no one should live in fear of intimidation, harrasment

That place is called LALA land, it does not exist, my friend CC over in the women section lives there, ask her for directions. smile.gif

me   

^you evil man :D

I love the scenery, hmmm hablaha Hargeysa iyo Naaso hablood :D

stir that black pot ;)

me   

Originally posted by Xanthus:

quote: Edit: and to finish you sentance.

I can't live in Hargaysa because of qabiil reasons and qabyaalad.

Well here is a few rules to avoide this problem.

1) Do not write your qabiil on your forehead, or wear a top that says "Bring Siyad back"

2) Hang around with old men

3)Avoid Ciiyaal suuq

4) Don't insult anyone or be rude.

Now if my White friend can go to work in Hargansia for 3months and come back well and allive i don't see why a somali should have a problem.

5) Fuuleenimaad isska daah, you will not die before your time or after it for that matter.

Then you should be fine
smile.gifWhen you suggest that I should stay away from old men, ciyaal suuq, I shouldn't speak my mind and that I should not make from what clan I am public ( lol...keep that a secret in Hargeysa smile.gif ) for what reasons are you giving me advice if its not to avoid intimidation?

Plus you haven't answered my question.

Would you rather live a city where you are intimidated where you are in constant fear or would you live in a free, fair and just society where you would be able to wear the T-shirt of your favorite thug, without thinking someone will shoot me?

me   

Originally posted by Northerner:

Me,

Where is this intimidating city where people are killed for being of another clan?

It happens in all over Somalia including my hometown Hargaysa.

ps. I never had so many friends as I have today on SOL :D

Ibtisam   

^^^Read reread my post dear, I told you such City does not exist.

I told you to respect the views of the people who live their and do not rub your views in their face. (please note that you cannot tear down Somaliland flags from streets, and replace them with The five star flag, and hold a debate about Somalinimo, or try to tell them that Siyad was doctor and they are patients :rolleyes: It is termed as deliberate provocation. and this is what i am telling to avoid... deliberate provocation

By the way I told you to hang around with old men and stay away from ciyaal suuq. I would give you that advise even if you were moving to join the Somali community in London.

me   

^ Xanthus, don't dance around the question, it was a direct question so answer it.

Would you rather live in a city where you are in fear of intimidation for your views or even for clan reasons or would you rather live in a in a free, fair and just society (regardless whether it exists or not) ?

Its a direct question and a direct answer would be appreciated.

Ibtisam   

^^ideal yes, Realistically I know it does not exist, so I don't waste my time with "ifs" in life or ideals. I am a realist, you carry on with your idealist mentality, I make use of what is available and do what I always do, find a way.

is that direct enough for ya

me   

^ Thank you for answering my question, was it hard? :D

Now that you have said that you would Idealy live in a free, fair and just society, why are you syaing I should not pursue for our people what we both have agreed that would be the be the ideal society?

If this ideal society that we want does not exist today, then I believe that we should create it. We are men and woman and god has given us free will to decide, choose and make.

Lets make that ideal society.

They told Ghandi that ideally it would be good if India was free, they told Mandela that ideally blacks in South Africa could have the same rights, but realisticly its not possible.

I say to you Xanthus, nothing is impossible.

We can change Somalia and we can create our ideal society.

ps. Yes I am comparing myself to Ghandi and Mandela.

Ibtisam   

^^Keep your deals for another time dear, right now they are just trying to stay alive, I know you are thinking reach for the sky and you will touch the clouds, but sadly in this world, things take a bit longer. It is a working progress, by dismissing the progress you are taking two steps backwards and one forward.

So acknowledge the progress in Hargisa, they are the closest we have at the moment to a free, fair and just society (by the way fair and justice are not always mutually compatible) sometimes to be fair you have to be unjust. Give it a few more years and hopefull there could be many more Hargisa’s in the horn of Africa.

ps. Yes I am comparing myself to Ghandi and Mandela.

:rolleyes:

me   

:D Someone should think about the future, if everyone is settling for what we have today then we will never move forward.

Its like telling the black people in Apartheid South Africa in 1986 that they should settle for their situation. Or telling the people in British-India that they should settle to live under colonialism.

Why should we tell the Somali people to accept their situation and 'learn to live with it'.

I believe that we should make our lives better and the lives of the next generation, people lets not shy away from our responsibilities.

We can change Somalia for the better.

If these dictators/warlords and thugs can break down Somalia, we are more then capable to rebuild it and guarantee its survival and prosperity.

Ibtisam   

^^Right, and i guess by boycotting Hargisa and bring down their achievements of people (where ever they are is going to help us move forward).... now why did not think of that one

To be honest the people who make the changes, who struggle to make the changes in the most depressing conditions do not need you or me or anyone else to pi*ss on their hard work. You and I have not done anything constructive for Somalia (and if you have please miiska soo dig and I shall snatch my words back (thinking is not a contribution)) It is the people who live there who need to determine their progress, and if they need baby steps so be it. How can " me”Who is too afraid to even pay them a visit be able to say anything be their future, he needs to overcome his demons before he can be any use to them or somalinimo.

me   

^ I am not boycoting the achievements of the people of Hargeysa, I am against the secessionists and those who are using qabyaalad for their narrow minded goals. So keep that in mind will ya.

I am suggesting that all the people of Hargeysa should be able to live in peace without fear of intimidation, I am saying that we should strenghten the achievements of the people and that we should stop those that want to create divisions amongs its people. Thats where Somalinimo comes into play.

What I have done for Somalinimo? :D ilaah baa og.

I am not afraid of the people of Hargeysa, I am afraid of getting shot by those who use qabyaalad as a political weapon (they happen to be in charge in Hargeysa these days you know).

So my deamon is that bullet and I rather not face that bullet, if you would like to know who it feels to be gunned down. Tenacious posted a nice video, please check it out and tell me whether you would like to face that deamon.