Sign in to follow this  
WILDCAT

They tried to make me buy a wig!!!

WILDCAT   

They said I didn't look right in a diric with short hair, so they took me to a wig shop...

I'm a polite sort of girl to my family, so I indulged them and obediently allowed myself to be toddled off to an Afro shop... then after perusing some truly horrific hair-pieces with them for a suitably respectful length of time, I quietly told them that to my extreme sadness, there was no wig in that shop that quite suited or fitted me in the perfect way I was looking for... they (my aunt and cousin) then quickly and eagerly offered that I should take a tour of further wig shops that day, so as to immerse myself in the wigs and pick and choose to my heart's content... this was said in a tone inferring that I should be as excited about such a trip as I might be about say, a wild no-expense-spared shoping trip to Diesel for a pair of top of the line Italian jeans... "erm yes, of course" was my reply. smile.gif

I went home wondering whether it is completely normal behaviour to ask a girl to place some ort of plastic or horse-hair montousity on her head...

Was it wrong and indeed foolish of me to refuse? please advise. Thank you kindly.

Castro   

Originally posted by WILDCAT:I went home wondering whether it is completely normal behaviour to ask a girl to place some ort of plastic or horse-hair montousity on her head...

It's neither plastic nor horse hair, atheer. It's mostly Orangutan pubic hair (for the nice colors) with some armpit hair from a Bengali construction worker thrown in for good texture. Fairly harmless stuff.

JUSTICE   

I don't think it's a big deal to not wear a wig. But don't u like your short hair though. U should and it doesn't matter if it doesn't go wiht the dirac, just wear something else classy.

Xoogsade   

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

Your problem is that you actually listen to your relatives. Big mistake.

No one should listen to them particularly when they suggest something as outlandish as a wig on a pretty head like Wildcat's(just taking a clue from the way she writes and assuming -like most somali women are- that she is attractive).

WILDY, don't buy it, Justice and Valenteenah have it right. I always tell my friends that african women look very unattractive wearing wigs and hairs that don't belong to them. Some are even crazy to wear a blond wig.

Nephissa   

Do you know how much maintenance having long gorgeous hair :D is? ALOT! I've been contemplating shaving my head, and going for a wig. L0L.

WILDCAT   

^ Why do ya' think it got the chop? I wanted to wash and go, just like the adverts told me.

Xoogsade, you should never make assumptions about people on the internet, it is perhaps the one thing that can allow you to get things so infinitely wrong. I may need to hand you a pair of sunglasses if you were ever to look at me, I wouldn't want to traumatise your poor eyes, being the delightful man that you are (verybody who likes me is delightful and of extremely high intelligence, naturally). smile.gif

^^ So you would have done it? better try a hut next time, the queens hut Im talking about the one weared by all the ladies during the horse racing, It will look great with the Dirac believe me..

Hmmm..Wigs and Dirac...I just had a glimpse of Queen B [Lil Kim] with Dirac and her blonde Wig!!! :eek: what a shock!!! :eek: Not that I am suggesting you [Wildy] look anything closer to Lil Kim..may be 'Qacda hore' :D

Amelia 'you reckon? Just Imagine if I have seen you with a Wig..how much I would have laughed @ you..I think that is enough incentive to steer you away from the [Fake] Hair Business! :D:D

Cheers

Wildy Mandheey,from Macawis to boyish haircut;Dear have you had a transformation of somesort? :D

Whatever happened to the "The WildOne" the feminine feline that once roamed & Dominated the forumlands of "Solia" huh? ;)

Khalaf   

What? A Wig? False Hair?

you know this is haram right? Fake nails also haraaaaaaaaaaam! Its against the religion Wildcat.

wildcat, dont they know ur id at SOL..

u should've savaged that wig shops

I went home wondering whether it is completely normal behaviour to ask a girl to place some ort of plastic or horse-hair montousity on her head...

hmmmm.. wondering if this is a message to some people.. Never the less... 2006~ nothing is normal now a days

Was it wrong and indeed foolish of me to refuse? please advise. Thank you kindly.

u r absolutely correct for refusing to participate in their little skit. I applaud to ur courage for standing up for ur short hair… :D

Tukaale and LOZ, I was referring to Wildy, we went to a wedding together a forthnight ago.. and...well... her hairstyle just doesnt mesh with the dirac.

J/K Wildy, I know how paranoid you can get. Let me make it crystal clear.. its a T E A S E. Your hairdo is fab :Dicon_razz.gif