Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Somalia to create Iraq-style Green Zone

Juje   

Originally posted by The Duke:

Its a silly idea. Just an idea from the PM.

Ouch..! Was just wondering when you will start marring Geedi...so is it an all out war or just an skirmish?

^^^Everyone has a bad idea, the wrong words were used in this case. "Green Zone" and such things.

However there are many options on the table to further secure the capital.

Nothing wrong with ideas, right?

Originally posted by me:

As Baashi pointed out in his post our people hate each other more then they hate the enemy.

I don't buy this. I don't buy it because it hints of innate, self-sustaining enmity that exists between Somalis when there's no evidence for this. It's a line of reasoning trafficked by clueless commentators and worse fronted by fraudulent peeps doing the bidding of warlords. The whole perception that Somalis hate each other was initially fostered and perpetuated by warlords and somali politicians vying for power. They manipulated clan feelings, the underpinning of Somali socio-political rubric, so they can take control and power over their base. Not much different from the way 'patriotism' was manipulated by US politician into twisting arms of reluctant americans over the Iraq war. Don't fall for propaganda by warlords and their supporters. The root cause of the endless Somali strife is division of land and resources. It is what initially sparked the civil war and what sustains it. The fact countless clan reconciliations have taken place to no avail, even going as far as creating 4.5 clan formula with it's self-evident failure, should tell any person of average wits that clan is not the source of Somali conflicts.

Somalis don't hate each other.

^^I second that!

There’s apparent lack of trust between Somalis when it comes to the politics of their failed state--and even that has more to do with the conflict in resources and lack of justice you stated than it has to do with hate. The gist of Baashe’s post though is, as I understood it, that Somalis are divided along clan lines, and that I find without exaggerating it to be correct on many accounts. The reasons they are divided are many but two stand out: lack of capable leadership and the continuation of external interference that constantly exacerbates Somali conflict. The latter is quite natural given the animosity between Ethiopia and Somalis and will forever be there as long the first (absence of competent leadership) is true.

Ours is a crisis of leadership.

Ours is a crisis of leadership

Precisly yaa Xiin. Leadership means success. So far,for 17 years,None of these so called leaders have been able to bring peace & lasting prosperity (success) to the nation & to the peope of Somalia.

Matter of fact,I will even move further back into 40yrs ago & proclaim here that,Somalis,as a people,never had THE-THAT leader.

Gabbal   

Baashi hit the nail on the head! Cease the shameless cover-ups! You will not go anywhere hiding from the truth.

Somalis raped each other, Somalis killed each other, Somalis slaved each other, Somalis harmed and stole from each other, and the Ethiopian invasion is only a result of the more deeper Somali self-hate, self-loathe that led us to this point. Dig deep and the truth is searing!

Somali's have done allot, yet still peoples homes are occupied in case of certain cities. Still innocent blood is shed and people blame others, still the only cries we hear are when one group is defeated. One needs to take the big picture. Restoring the state will take a big price, is it worth paying thats the question?

NASSIR   

I agree with several Nomads, instead of deepening the animosity we should reconcile our differences and promote communication. The more you cultivate censure and curse on a certain group the more that group distances itself from that false association. We can all unite under the banner of TFG like our past leaders did under the SYL in an evolutionary process of reconstituting our statehood.

Xargaga   

As this cyber argument heats to the peak here at SOL, innocent civilians including women, children, disabled and elderly are being terrorised, maimed and haunted in their own homes , streets, Shopping malls, Mosques.Even hospitals have not been spared in the name of establishing a non starter authorirty over resisting natives.As everyone can remeber before the invasion these pepple were going on their daily activities jubilantly with law and order reinstated. Coming back to this debate i find it very unfortunate how some try to engage into a trechrous spin by blaming this on the hsitoric insurgency of SNM, SSDF, and USC.This shows how disparate folks are and the distant they would go to try at least to give some grain of Justification to the this historic blunder. The most irrelevant comparisons i ever saw in SOl i would say is, this type of Inuendo which even a midd-school student would buy it with doubt.

How on earth would you compare the two.? The SNM and othe insurgents were just but hosted by the then regime whose opponents too were being hosted inside Somalia.Its also clear that the SNM insurgents were eventually kicked out of Ethiopia after barre VS Mengistu peace deal.On the other hand looking at these Historic stooge(TFG) were used just as a rubber stamp against their own brethrens both in blood and religion. In the name of representing the state they alowed some third party to subjugate their own bretrens and robb them of just tasted peace and justice.This makes it a historic stoogism that would find its way into the guinnes book of record,not a resemblance to what some, advocate here. The SNM did not drove on third party tanks and never called an Ethiopian army a comrade in combat while watching air raids and use of chemical weapons on their fellow somalis.The SNM never took orders from an Ethiopian officer ordering them to Maimm and terrorise innocent civilians.The SNM fought for their Native lands and by the Natives never did they used a third party to Invade their neghbors towns commit atrocities and destroy their lifeline and property. I can go on and on to show how irrelavant these comparisons are but i know it will not help, cause all that is to it was nothing lesser than a scapegoat from hertless individuals laden with tribal hypocricy.

me   

Xiin, Baashi, FB, socod-badne, rudy, kashafa?

Aan wax idin weydiiyo. Out of the players of the Somali political game, is there one that you think is capable enough to rule our country with our peoples consent? or do we have to go back to the drawing board and start a new group to challenge these ones.

Its a serious question so think about it.

NGONGE   

^^ You bloody tease :D

You already know that Xiin and Kashafa will say the only acceptable choice is Mullana-Xazrat-Imam-Most-Good-Most-Pious-Sheikh-Shareef-Hebel-Hebel!

Rudy is not too fussy; he just wants the xabash out.

Baashi is the most intriguing one. If I had to guess I'd say his perfect choice would be Abdullahi Yusuf with a beard.

This one, truly, is a non-topic. There are only two opposing sides in Somalia today (I’m deliberately ignoring Somaliland here). It’s not hard to make a choice between the two. You either choose the Xabash-loving-civilian-killing government or the Eritrean-loving-civilian-killing Courts. We spent a whole year discussing the qualities and flaws of both. There are no great leaders hiding in the shadows that’ll come out and rescue Somalia. These two sides are all that you have. So come out and make a choice! Is it going to be the so-called terrorists or the supposed turncoat?

me   

Let me sum it up.......the kettle just called the pot black, now the kettle is waiting for who will argue that the pot is white. In the process of calling the pot black the kettle also explained why its black and could be no other colour. Dear bwana kettle I have such high expectations of you, when will you stop disappointing me