Sign in to follow this  
Sir-Qalbi-Adeyg

Puntland Independence

^^^I am writing lots of stuff and canceling it at the same time. But tell me...how many fingers am I holding up saaxiib?

dhulQarnayn :cool:

Republic Of California

Abtigiis   

"Ninka weyn ee dharka cad xidhan ee gurigana daba fidhiyaa wa'ayo?" Axmed yare asked

"waa Ilaahay" replied his younger brother. Googaa cigale business.

Now that Yey's and the TFG's future seems uncertain, it's time puntlanders seriously reconsidered the independence option as I have said earlier.

More than likely once the ethiopians leave and no other sufficient forces replace them , things will go back to square one with clan fighting in mogadisho and the south.

Now instead of direct clan fighting the lines will be drawn on pseudo-ideological lines: 'UIC-Sh Sharif and his reer banadir, UIC- Aweys and his reer galgadud ' and 'al shabab- miscellaneous clans'.

Originally posted by Koora-Tuunshe:

There's no such thing as "people of Mogadisho" or the south. Starting from Mogadisho all the way to the south, you will find peaceful and agricultural communities that have nothing to do with the mayhem in Mogadisho. The conflict was relocated to them to the extent they had become resigned to their fate.

And if you go deeper, the same "people of Puntland" reside in large number
regions of Juba.
Should we as well secede from our people in the southern territory? It doesn't make sense.

Did I write this??? :D

^^^And for once, righteously so, Mr Red.

Protocol, saaxiib, all we need to do is reform our institutions of governance. We should put in place a system that will hold our leadership accountable and ensure transparancy in all government organs.

I believe, like you, we should have focused more on the reconstruction of our regions-- instead of spending all that time and effort aiding AY's adventures(or rather misadventures) amongst bililqo&Co. However; we still must continue to work for peace and stability for all of Somalis, including bililiqo&Co.

We can never have steady development and growth in Puntland , unless we have peace and security throughout Somalia.

Republic Of California

We've had steady development and growth for the past ten years sxb despite the anarchy in the south. Remember before this TFG adventure, puntland was progressing on the right track.

I don't think somali unity and a central somali government supported by all is viable option at this point in time. I believe a three state solution is the way forward.

relax puntites, Puntland is pursuing a win win outcome. Should Somalis decide change their ways and decide we need to return to statehood, we have a fair share of that, should they not Puntland might even prosper by it. Its those poor formers and mafriish landers who have the most to lose if this ship sinks but for some odd reason are the ones trying sink it.

^^^They've been blinded by tribal hate. Only Allah(SWT) can cure them of such a debilatating ailment. It(i.e disease) has practically turned them into walking zombies, with only one thing on their mind--Must*Kill*Other*Somalis...Must*Not*Care*If*W e*ALL*Die*While*At*It...

To Protocol:

Saaxiib, Somalia has deep seams, and it has always been apart at those seams -- ever since its inception in 1960, when it was patched together by outsiders.

There's always been some state of tribal rivalry/Conflict caused by the harsh environment Allah(SWT) has bequeathed to us. Only these degrees of rivalries keeps changing, between latent, simmering, and violent. There's never been unity or true peace amongst Somalis. This is an issue that is currently very ugly, and will continue, for the forseable future, to become uglier, but it can ONLY be settled by ALL Somalis working together. And the unlikely "secession" of Puntland will only delay this inevitable major shakeout that MUST happen in Somalia. Puntlanders, like every other Somali, will have to ride out this storm that is, the Somali Civil War. And the best way of doing that is to buttress our local institutions of governance.

Republic Of California

Originally posted by dhulQarnayn:

^^^They've been blinded by tribal hate. Only Allah(SWT) can cure them of such a debilatating ailment. It(i.e disease) has practically turned them into walking zombies, with only one thing on their mind--Must*Kill*Other*Somalis...Must-Not-Care-If-W e-ALL-Die-While-At-It...

Protocol:

[/b]

The hate mutual..I know you read what your clansmen protocol typed at another thread. SMH@ you using Allah's name in vain.

^^^Saaxiib, personally I don't "HATE" you. So if you choose to hate me because of a lineage GOD ALMIGHTY MADE ME-- Then you, my secessionist feind a.k.a Khat-baby, have a lot of issues going on with your head; For starters, Zombies dont feel anything. :D

Republic Of California

State Department Press Release November 15, 2008

The State Department warns U.S. citizens of the risks of travel to Somalia and recommends that American citizens avoid all travel to Somalia. This replaces the Travel Warning dated October 24, 2008 to note terrorist attacks in the regions of Somaliland and Puntland. The Department of State warns U.S. citizens against all travel to Somalia, including northern Somalia. On October 29, 2008, terrorists launched several coordinated and near-simultaneous attacks involving multiple car bombs against local and international targets in the regions of Somaliland and Puntland. There is no U.S. Embassy or other U.S. diplomatic presence in Somalia. Consequently, the U.S. government is not in a position to assist or effectively provide services to U.S. citizens in Somalia. Terrorist operatives and armed groups in Somalia have demonstrated their intent and capability to attack air operations at Mogadishu International Airport. Kidnapping, murder, illegal roadblocks, banditry, and other violent incidents and threats to U.S. citizens and other foreigners can occur in many regions. Inter-clan and inter-factional fighting flares up with little or no warning. Unpredictable armed conflicts among rival militias are prevalent in southern Somalia, particularly in and around Mogadishu. This has resulted in the deaths of hundreds of Somali nationals and the displacement of nearly one million people. In December 2006, Ethiopian military forces entered Somalia in support of the Somali Transitional Federal Government. The continuing Ethiopian military presence and support for the Transitional Federal Government has heightened tensions among rival political and clan factions within Somalia.

The Sanaag and Sool Regions in eastern Somaliland, bordering on Puntland (northeastern Somalia), are subject to insecurity due to ongoing border disputes and inter-clan fighting. There also have been several fatal attacks and violent kidnappings against international relief workers, including Westerners, throughout Somalia, Somaliland, and Puntland. Lines of control in Mogadishu are unclear and frequently shift, making movement within Mogadishu extremely hazardous. Violent riots have recently occurred in Mogadishu, as thousands of civilians protested rising food prices and the devaluation of the Somali currency. Recently, insurgents and extremist elements opposed to the Somali government conducted hit-and-run attacks on several towns in central and southern Somalia, to include the districts of Gedo and Bay (especially the vicinity of Baidoa) in the south. U.S. citizens also are urged to use extreme caution when sailing near the coast of Somalia. Merchant vessels, fishing boats, and recreational craft all risk seizure by pirates and having their crews held for ransom in the waters off the Horn of Africa, most especially in the international waters near Somalia. There have been numerous such incidents, highlighting the continuing danger of maritime travel near the Horn of Africa. If transit around the Horn of Africa is necessary, it is strongly recommended that vessels travel in convoys, and maintain good communications contact at all times. U.S. citizens who travel to Somalia despite this Travel Warning are urged to register through the State Department's travel registration website, https: //travelregistration.state.gov https: //travelregistration.state.gov and obtain updated information on travel and security from the U.S. Embassies in neighboring countries.

Travelers to the self-declared "Republic of Somaliland" should register with the U.S. Embassy in Djibouti, and travelers to Puntland or southern Somalia should register with the U.S. Embassy in Nairobi. The U.S. Embassy in Djibouti is located at Plateau du Serpent, Boulevard Marechal Joffre, Djibouti City; telephone (253) 35-39-95; after-hours telephone number (253) 35-13-43. The mailing address is Ambassade Americaine, B.P. 185, Djibouti, Republique de Djibouti, and their workweek is Sunday through Thursday. The U.S. Embassy in Nairobi is located on United Nations Avenue, Gigiri, Nairobi, Kenya; telephone (254)(20) 363-6000; after-hours emergencies (254)(20) 363-6170. The mailing address is P.O. Box 606 Village Market 00621, Nairobi, Kenya. U.S. citizens should also consult the Department of State's Country Specific Information for Somalia and the Worldwide Caution, which are located on the Department's internet website at http: //travel.state.gov. Travelers may obtain up-to-date information on security conditions by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the U.S. or outside the U.S. and Canada on a regular toll line at 1-202-501-4444. Office of State Department Public Communication Division, 202-647-6575

----------------------------------------

Why do you think Somaliland has been separated from the rest of Somalia in how it's handled by the U.S. State Dept? This has been in effect for some years now. In case, you don't get my point, why are Somaliland issues handled from Djibouti while all of former Italian Somaliland including Puntland is handled from Nairobi? Why does the State Dept communique refer to Sool and Sanaag as Eastern Somaliland not as Western Puntland? Is it possible that their diplomats, soldiers, and intelligence operatives know something that many cyber-nomads don't?

^^^Nothing new here...It's an open secret that the US is looking @ Berbera as one of the many likely sites that it wants to host AFRICOM if(and that a big IF--so SOL secessionists, please don't get too excited just yet!) it decides to move it's headquaters from Stuttgart to Africa...

The defense department has long prepared for the eventual draw-down or complete withdrawal of US troops out of Iraq by Mr Obama. And the horn of Africa has always been an ideal strategic area to keep troops close to the middle east.

Republic Of California

So what are you trying to say? Connect the dots for me in answer to my question. You only told me of an abstract interest in Berbera for military basing, but I asked why the separation in how to deal with each. Why does the U.S. refer to the 'disputed regions' as part of Somaliland?

If ever the northerners were to succeed in getting recognition for their troglodytical clan enclave (i.e when hell freezes over)--am sure the US would want to be in a position to say to them--during the negotiations for the Berbera base-- that they were always supporters of Somaliland's right to secession, and use their aknowledgement of the disputed regions being part of former british somaliland as proof.

This is all hypothetical ofcourse...I wouldn't want my secessionist buddies in here popping the champagne just yet. :D:D

Republic Of California