Sign in to follow this  
Sir-Qalbi-Adeyg

Puntland Independence

Username, what is so sacred about Puntland that it has to break away from the rest of Somalia? And in what bases is it going to secede?

Open your eyes young man and stop advocating dismembering a nation that is already in state of limbo. Puntland(disregard the name for a minute) was and still is part of the Somalia's conflict/civil war. If south ay quusayso, Puntland way la quusaysaa taas xasuuso.

There's no such thing as "people of Mogadisho" or the south. Starting from Mogadisho all the way to the south, you will find peaceful and agricultural communities that have nothing to do with the mayhem in Mogadisho. The conflict was relocated to them to the extent they had become resigned to their fate.

And if you go deeper, the same "people of Puntland" reside in large number regions of Juba. Should we as well secede from our people in the southern territory? It doesn't make sense.

Originally posted by Gheelle.T:

Username, what is so sacred about Puntland that it has to break away from the rest of Somalia? And in what bases is it going to secede?

Open your eyes young man and stop advocating dismembering a nation that is already in state of limbo. Puntland(disregard the name for a minute) was and still is part of the Somalia's conflict/civil war. If south ay quusayso, Puntland way la quusaysaa taas xasuuso.

It's not about which region is sacred and which isn't, it's about accepting the reality that a strong central government that is supported by all will not work in somalia. So rather than waiting and wasting resources in the south, we should be directing our energy in puntland.

Look at what the somali government has cost puntland:

- there are massive refugees and displaced people from the south

- many of the puntland soldiers are in mogadisho instead of puntland

-moryans from the south are moving north, bringing criminality with them.

- Now kidnaping of UN workers has increased, and the puntland adminstration does not have the resources and manpower to tackle the crime rate. Creating an atmosphere where NGO and UN workers don't feel safe.

All of this is attributed to the TFG and it's president, Puntland was better off pre-TFG. It's time we looked forward, to make sure if there is oil in puntland that the profits from the oil deal goes to the residents of puntland and we do not get swindled. Get local people behind their regions again.

"Forget the South"- that should be the new slogan for all candidates running in 2009

Originally posted by Koora-Tuunshe:

There's no such thing as "people of Mogadisho" or the south. Starting from Mogadisho all the way to the south, you will find peaceful and agricultural communities that have nothing to do with the mayhem in Mogadisho. The conflict was relocated to them to the extent they had become resigned to their fate.

And if you go deeper, the same "people of Puntland" reside in large number
regions of Juba. Should we as well secede from our people in the southern territory? It doesn't make sense.

You're right this is a problem, but perhaps with a better puntland we can help our people in the jubba's take the region.

Originally posted by Username:

You're right this is a problem, but perhaps with a better puntland we can help our people in the jubba's take the region.

^ if that is not naked Qabil based warmongering i dont know what is !

take the jubba's ku yeh ... do you think before you post horta ? wax iskula hadh ninyahow ... consider my response an iota of what i would have said if it were not Ramadan

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

quote:Originally posted by Username:

^ if that is not naked Qabil based warmongering i dont know what is !

take the jubba's ku yeh ... do you think before you post horta ? wax iskula hadh ninyahow ... consider my response an iota of what i would have said if it were not Ramadan
You've misinterpreted my comments, taking the region I meant politically not militarily. Convince and show people through action why puntlanders should lead them.

My suggestion is to re-asses the situation in somalia on the basis of what's good for puntland it's people, this is in turn will show us what's good for somalia as a whole.

^^^seef labood waaxid! Horta, camaamadii beenta ahayd wali maad iska dhigin miyaa?

Username,

Saaxiib, ma reer Somaliland baa reer abti kuu ah?Sheekedaan rakiiska ah oo aad leedahay "Puntland ha go'do", xagee baad ka keentay? Ma niman reer waqooyi ah ayaad laqayishay? :D

Walaale, Puntland is the heartland of Somalia. Our fate has always been, and will always be intertwined with the rest of our Somali brethren.For better or worse- ONE SOMALIA, ONE NATION!

dhulQarnayn :cool:

Republic Of California

War reer Puntland hadeeba noqoto inay wax af-duubaan, waxaan af-duubnaa maraakiibta kusoo xad gudba biyaheena- laakin reer Puntland kama suurtoodo inaan dadka ushaqeeya hayadaha samafalka madax furasho weediisano ee baddeena wixii ku xad kudba ayaan ganaax u jarnaa. Taasna waa raganimo ee dheeryihiin Somaalida kale oo dad masaakiinta ah dhibaatada u geesta.

Republic Of California

Originally posted by Username:

I think it's time we gave the idea of declaring independence some real thought, the people in the south are maniacs who have no desire to see somalia succeed and are still stuck in the backward qabil mentality. For 17+ years these people could not make something of themselves.

The ethiopians presence is an excuse, most of them are opposed to A/Y being the president because of where he hails from. Even with UA or arab troops, the al shabab moryans would put on fake cimmad and kill innocents.

How long should we waste resources, soldiers in the south and on the TFG, when in reality it has produced nothing for us? Strictly from a practical point of view, what are the benefits of the TFG for us monetary or otherwise? Somali unity is something we all want ideally, but isn't better that we start building block approach, where everyone works in their regions, instead of being consistently held back mogadisho and the south.

Discuss

:D:D ,,, runta iska sheegoo maxaa jira niyow ??

You sense in adeerkaa meesha ka tegayo and all the fake nationalism are gone with him ?? ,,, taas marka horeba waanu iska ogayne bal tartiib u soco ,,,,,, :D

^^^Puntland nationalism keedu weligeed wey noolaaneesaa, ee labada gobol oo is yiri Somaalaad ka go'i kartaan hamigoodi wuu guray.

Republic Of California