Sign in to follow this  
gavin

libertarian question : Xeer and Shari'a, and Government

gavin   

(I know very little about Somalia, please have patience will this question.)

Which section of Somalia (or which clan) shares the most similarities with libertarian-ideals? What I mean by libertarian-ideals is traditional law (Xeer without Shari'a, if I understand that correctly) which can evolve in modern times, greatest acceptance of non-Islamic religion, greatest acceptance of personal liberty, least acceptance of government, etc. Please omit Puntland and Somaliland, as they have a government.

Please, I'm not trying to start a discussion about the dangers of anarchy--I'm just searching for information.

Thank you.

Emperor   

^I can tell you that all Somalis are the same, they all share culture, religion and personality. I doubt you would see any1 Somali having different view than that from this boards or indeed anywhere esle... In simple and short terms they are all the same...

I know you are so interested in Somali anarchy and gang-rule hiding behind the name of liberty, however, I can guide you to someone who would certaily help you with your questions should you have the ability to track him and have telephone interview. He is a former warlord who you would find him very intersting in his strong veiws and passion for being libertarian. He was a popular man of his time and had presented quite interesting ideals of self sufficiency, his speeches have made historic mark on our society and was a part time entertainer among his crew. Im sure you will find him very appealing...

The man's name is AL-XAAJI MUUSA SUUDI YALAXOW...

I encourage you to do every effort even pay for it if possible to reach him and ask all your questions.

Emperor   

^Yes he was, Xiin I think there is good chance that Yaloxow would make great contribution to the findings of gavin.

Gavin, I just forgot to say one thing, the man may speak many languages and I guess that includes English, however, his level of proudness, arrogance and self-liberty made him speak only Somali at all times, so Im afraid you would need to find an interpretter and have one ready at hand when conducting the interview just incase he's not in the mood...

gavin   

Originally posted by Emperor:

^Yes he was, Xiin I think there is good chance that Yaloxow would make great contribution to the findings of gavin.

Gavin, I just forgot to say one thing, the man may speak many languages and I guess that includes English, however, his level of proudness, arrogance and self-liberty made him speak only Somali at all times, so Im afraid you would need to find an interpretter and have one ready at hand when conducting the interview just incase he's not in the mood...

I appreciate your reply.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muuse_Suudi_Yalahow

seems to be an interesting character. I would not call him a libertarian, he's almost the complete opposite actually (to me, someone like Henry David Thoreau would be a true libertarian).