Sign in to follow this  
guraad

Oil In Puntland

guraad   

Do any one have any information about if theres any oil in puntland state of somalia? i hear that theres oil in sool state of puntland . do any one have any information about it?

hahahaha

this gets better and better

what about gold do we have some of that in puntland??? :D:D:D

maybe there is a big garbage dump full of diamonds in garoowe? :D:D:D

hahahahaha

you keep cracking me up , guraad

hahaha

:D

Rokko   

What is so funny A.T.?

You response seems to suggest you don't wish anything good for other human beings. Am I wrong on my assumption about you?

I wish all the best for Somaliland and I think you should do the same thing na'mean?.

bismilaah.

BN   

AJT,

If you think that's funny you should read the reports of the hargeysa government signing worthless contracts with non existant oil companies :D The last contract Oil Comapany's address was actually the house of an old indian family in london :D:D:D Talk about desperate.

Government modo: 'We have a fake country why not sign fake contracts with fake companies'

http://www.somalilandtimes.net/Archive/49/4901.htm

Fake Company Strikes Deal With Minerals Ministry

Inverse International Doesn’t Exist As A Real Company

London (SL Times): A company by the name of Inverse International which had concluded an oil exploration deal with Somaliland Ministry of Minerals and Water earlier this month, has turned out to be fake.

"Inverse International" address has been traced to an apartment in Essex, England, dwelled by an Indian family. The company listed its executive officers as Magne Andreas Meir and Rakesh Rajan. It was registered in earlier this month as being located at 9 Clarendon Gardens, Ilford, Essex, IG1 3JN.

Two persons purporting to represent Inverse International came to Hargeisa two weeks ago. They were welcomed by Somaliland’s Minister of Mineral Resources, M. A. Farah. The Minister then announced that an oil deal has been concluded. Later, he was lavish in his praise of the "company" as one with the necessary financial and technical capabilities to do the job - oil exploration and drilling - "The people who used to come here were mostly brokers and not real companies. This is a real company with extensive experience in Sudan, Saudi Arabia and Europe."

It is not the first time that the Minister has been cheated by people pretending to represent an oil company. Out of 4 agreements he had signed since assuming office, none has been implemented.

However, following revelations that Rakash Rajan has connections with Italian Mafia group engaged in toxic waste disposal, the faltering of Mr. Farah’s last deal could be a blessing from the sky.

Rakash Rajan and a Somali holding an Italian passport by the name of Omer Osman are also listed among the directors of Bushido Security Services Ltd. The Somali lives in Italy but his address in Britain is 40 Montague Road Leytonstone, London E11 3EN. Bushido is registered as a toxic waste disposal company.

There were reports in the recent past that Somalis recruited by the Italian Mafia have been involved in international operations for dumping nuclear waste along the coast of Somalia. Mr. Osman had reportedly introduced "Inverse" to Somaliland’s Minister of Minerals.

It is not clear yet whether Osman is the same man charged with taking part in nuclear waste dumping operations.

BN   

In a report titled 'Is there Oil in Somalia?' it listed four major areas that may bear oil and natural gas that could yield significant commercial amounts.

These zones are:

. the Guban area of the north, particulary the new Sahel and Awdal regions.

. the Banaadir region between Mogadishu-Afgooye and Baraawa, including Marka.

. the Somali embayment of Lower Mudug and Galgaduud regions, including offshore Hobyo.

. the Nugaal Valley between Qardho and Bandar Beila.

Chinese Team Stops Oil Work in Puntland

UN Integrated Regional Information Network (Nairobi)

April 10, 2001

Posted to the web April 10, 2001

A team of seven Chinese oil experts have been removed from their area of operations in the self-declared autonomous region of Puntland, northeastern Somalia, after local protests against their activities.

The experts were prospecting for oil in the Nugal Region, southern Puntland, when local people objected to their presence, a local journalist told IRIN.

The Chinese team had reportedly signed an agreement with the Puntland authorities, and had been working in the region for 10 days, said the source. People protested that the Chinese team were "conspiring to loot" local resources, the journalist said.

They had started work in an old well, north of Garowe, capital of Puntland, he said. The protests began in Eyl District, north of Garowe. Locals have complained that prospecting for oil should be carefully controlled, to make sure that the region benefits.

Local sources say the team of seven were taken back to Bosaso, the commercial capital of Puntland, on Monday.

bari_nomad and mobb_deep

you guys are too depressed you should lighten up. i was only joking ofcourse i am happy that there is oil in somali populated area. it doesnt matter whether it's in puntland somaliland or in the ogadeen for that matter. you guys just get too serious all the time

you know what i will stop joking around from now on just for you 2 ok??? :confused:

LANDER   

Brothers,

For the moment I don't think any somali region has the ideal business conditions for oil exploration thats including Somaliland and Puntland.

Xalimo7   

It is for fact , Puntland Region has it, but my only regret is to let the world knows about it, did you hear man "Americans Are Coming' now we in trouble, .

see you, am around dude

JUXAA   

Guraad this may be helpful. It is an article about the somali Nutural Resources and Oil before the civil war (1991)

Macdanta iyo Saliidda

Macdanta

Soomaaliya waxaa ku jira macdan farabadan oo aan laga faaiidaysan. Sababtoo ah macdantaas waxay u baahantahay maaliyan ama lacag fara badan iyo qalab casri ah iyo weliba dad aqoon iyo xirfad u leh macdanta.

Haddii aan wax ka sheegno qaybaha macdanta iyo meelaha ay ku jiraan, waa kuwan hoo ku qoran:

Berbera: Meel u jirta 15 km waxaa ku kaydsan Jibsam[Gypsum]. Waxaa kale oo Berbera agteeda laga helaa shamiitada.

Buur-hakaba: Waxaa lagu qiyaasay [1968] in ay ku jirto 120 million tons[tan] oo macdan ah, waxaana kamida Yuraaniyam iyo Thorium.

Ceel-buur: waxaa ku kaydsan macdanta loo yaqaan Sepiolite.

Diin-soo: waxaa ku kaydsan qiyaastii 50 million tons oo ah bir-dahaba ama[iro-ore].

Majayahan: oo u dhow Boosaaso waxaa ku kaysdan macdanaha kala ah Tiin, Gypsum,iyo Dahab.

Dhalan: oo u dhow Ceelaayo waxaa laga heli karaa macdanta loo yaqaan Tiin.

Xeebta Jasiira iyo Bacaadka Shalambood: Waxaa ku kaysdan Dahab.

Xaafuun iyo Hurdiye: Waxaa laga helaa Cusbada cuntada [salt].

Waxaa kale oo la sheegay in Soomaaliya ay ku jiraan gaaska dabiiciga ah iyo saliid [iol]. Waxaana laga yaabaa in ay jiraan macdano farabadan oo ku kaydsan Soomaaliya welina aan ladaahfurin.

Dhammaan macdanadaas aan kor ku soo xusnay xaqiiqa ahaan inta xaddiga ah ee waddanka ku kaysan lama hubo, waana qiyaaso iyo mala awaal lasameeyey. Tirooyinka xusani ma aha kuwo lagu helay cilmibaaris qoto dheer. Waxaana akhristayaasha ka codsaneynaa in haddii ay hayaan wax macluumaada oo arintaas ku saabsan ay noogu soo sheegaan emailka hoos ku qoran.

Saliidda (oil)

Soomaaliya waxaa ku jira Saliid farabadan oo aan weli siweyn looga faa'iideysan. Haddii aan wax kaxusno goobaha hadda lagu hubo saliidda waxaa kamidda:

Saylac (Awdal)

Lascaanood agteeda (Sanag)

Meelahaas oo ay ahayd meelihii uu ku socdey baadhistu intii xukuumada la ridin. Laakiin badanka somaliya lama wada baadhin.

afgooye (gaaska dabiiciga ah). xadigiisuna aad u badan yahay.

Waxaan mahad ballaaran u jeedineynaa injineer Ibrahim oo caawinaad nagasiiyey arimaha muhiimka ah ee laxiriira saliidda Soomaaliya dhex jiifta.

Hadii aad u baahatid macluumaad dheeraad ah oo kusaabsan macdanaha Soomaaliya, ka akhri waraysigii SomaliTalk la yeesheen Dr. Cusmaan Salaad Xirsi oo markaas (sept 2000) booqaneyey London, Ontario, canada.

kor macdanta wershedaha Bogga Bilicda

juxaa

Diin-soo: waxaa ku kaydsan qiyaastii 50 million tons oo ah bir-dahaba ama[iro-ore].

i think you mean iron-ore instead of iro-ore.

their defintely are enough mineral resources in the somali populated areas but what you need to understand is that the international community does not feel it's safe to go into these areas eventough they are safe.

juxaa

i am not talking about diin-soo but about the the bit where you said

waxaa ku kaydsan qiyaastii 50 million tons oo ah bir-dahaba ama[iro-ore].

you said iro-ore instead of iron-ore. anyway it's a spelling mistake it doesnt really matter