Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

Dhaqanka-Soomalida.

Gediid   

Originally posted by nuune:

lol moti,sxb nin yaaban likes the somali dhaqan,it is not wonder that he is the only person in SomaliOnline who likes the dhaqan,

nin yaaban,remind us the dhaqan all the time

Nuune

I seem to notice among Somalis especially and third world people in general, the further one is away from traditions the more he or she is considered ILBAX.Similarly certain people in SOL have similar feelings and attack someone who mentions tradition and how useful it can be.However what some seem to not realise is that tradition is far more than how one behaves.Certain things like language also are part of the unique tradition one has as Somali,Kenyan or whatever they are,therefore shunning one's tradition would mean a total break from that language,culture and tradition.Hence achieving that unique title of ILBAX ;);)

Blessed   

^^^^hmmmm. Anyway >>>

Just realised Ilbax directly translated into English = Eyes pop out :eek: :eek: That must hurt :rolleyes:

There is a parrabell in Quran about people who lose their sight due to their leaving of the deen, or ignoring the Ayat of Allah - so they become blind - eyes pop out. I don't know why I am writing this here, but these thoughts came to my head when I saw the word Ilbax :confused:

Gediid   

Originally posted by Ameenah:

^^^^hmmmm. Anyway >>>

Just realised
Ilbax directly translated into English = Eyes pop out :eek: :eek: That must hurt :rolleyes:

There is a parrabell in Quran about people who lose their sight due to their leaving of the deen, or ignoring the Ayat of Allah - so they become blind - eyes pop out. I don't know why I am writing this here, but these thoughts came to my head when I saw the word Ilbax :confused:

Ameeneh

very good observation.I have never thought of it that way.

Somalien

Culture is a very loose term I believe that encompasses a whole range of traditions,some good others bad.can you say what parts that you hate.

It is a fact that women are generally more likely to accept new Ideas and values,including new cultures...Marka,dumarka, khaas ahaan gabdheena,siday aniga ila tahay,waxyay u aqbalaan dhaqamada shisheeyahay si fudud marka la barbar dhigo ragga. Taasina ma aha inay xun yihiin ama daciif yihiin.Micnaheedu waa "ragga iyo dumarku way kala duwan yihiin sidaaasaana loo abuuray"..arrintu waxay isugu soo biyo shubanaysaa sidii sister Aamiineh sheegtay... ppl "Has" to constantly change whether it is a women or men so they can survive!!!!!

Faheema.   

If I had a Shilling every time Nin-Yaaban used the word Dhaqan , I would have been a Shillionaire by now.. It's amazing how he does it, even if the topic has nothing to do with dhaqan you can bet your life he would squeeze it in there otherwise he can't function, he needs his daily Dose of dhaqan.

Ceebtiis maahee waa caadadiis, markaa you'll soon get immune to it.

As for the topic in question. :confused: :confused:

Miriam1   

I say we as muslims should live our lives according to the Islamic laws of conduct, culture and traditions are those matters that define us as somalis...if any of our traditions go against our religion, then i dont see the conflict forget culture !

Everyone naturally loves their culture from the clothes to the food to the stories and to the lovely little traditions we have..but one has to have priorities.

Jurnee   

you're saying our culture is importnant and we should hold on to it.

well should we be cherishing our circumcision cuz its our culture, or maybe the fact that we are racist towards our own people (madhibaan) or is it the tribal factor that u love so dearly. God, there are so many wonderful things in our culture.

Serioulsy, i think u guys should really wake up. Our culture is full of things that shouldnt ezist and there is no way im gonna be proud of that.

as for the good things such as being good to ur parents and keeping ur relatives close, thats part of islam and not culture.

i dont think its guys who r commatosed with culture but the older folks like our parents.

they use dhaqan and dheen like no tomorrow. so what can u and i do about it?? no much i am afraid..this is gonna used and abused till doomsday!

i am just dreading the day when my future xalimo's dad, puts his hand out and say where is the dowry! i will slap him 5 and say to him... keep the change bro!!lol...

^^^ walahi im glad im close to my dad, cause i cant imagine looking at him the same if ever pulled something like that, and as for the person who said that they cant be proud of their culture, yr forgeting culture is our music, literature, folk stories. the things you mentioned are vices to our cultural growth and they are a part of tradition. tradition is the stuff that we do becaue other generations used to follow it, they usually make no sense and people do it cause they are to scared to question it. . if we are smart and stick together, the quicker those vices will be a part of our past. culture is beautiful, it grows, and changes, please dont forget that.

OG Moti   

somealien, waaw dhaqan girl, man dhaqan lasheegaya ayaan kayaabay, war sidani si ma ahee, ninkan yaaban yaa naga qabta.. somealien is MC Hamer part of the dhaqan? dhaqan beel, nin yaaban waligaa yaabnow, ala ninyahow maxaad calool xuun arki hadaad holland aado, adigoo dhaqan danbe sheegayo laguma maqli doono, peace

AalTo   

DHAQANOW DHAQN ..DHAQANOW DHAQAN MAKU GABYAA?

NINYAABAN SXB DOWLADA AN DHISAY EE SOMALIAONLINE AYAA WAXA KAA DHIGAY:

WASIIRKA DHAQAN CELINTA HABLAHA SURWAALKA KU GASHTA london?

brb