Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

Dhaqanka-Soomalida.

Women and our dhaqan. There are alot of REALLY good DHAQaN-loving women out there, and i want to first congratulate them. All women who believe in our dhaqan, and who (despite its short-comings) obey it, and follow it religiously.

Having said that, i want to know why women are more likely to reject our dhaqan than men are? Of my 9yrs in living in Amerika, women werea all too often critical of our dhaqan.

qoslaaye   

Originally posted by Nin-Yaaban:

Women and our dhaqan. There are alot of REALLY good DHAQaN-loving women out there, and i want to first congratulate them. All women who believe in our dhaqan, and who (despite its short-comings) obey it, and follow it religiously.

Having said that, i want to know why women are more likely to reject our dhaqan than men are? Of my 9yrs in living in Amerika, women werea all too often critical of our dhaqan.

NIN YAABAN BECAUSE THE DHAQAN WAS TOO CRITICAL TO THEM AND IGNORED THEM, THAT DHAQAN MADE THEM A HOUSE WIFE WHO HAS NO OTHER LIVE BUT COOK AND GET READY FOR SEX. THAT WAS TOO CRITICAL AND NOW THEY ARE TOO CRITICAL OK.

What a feeble excuse. In my view, WOMEN were very well off in Somalia, then they now are here in Amerika. Its just that, they have been brainwashed by amerikaan media into believing every xaliimo is special.

they have been brainwashed by amerikaan media into believing every xaliimo is special. :D

looooooool, shouldn't this be in joke section, ninyaab i agree with you, they were batter back home we all were :(

All women who believe in our dhaqan, and who (despite its short-comings) obey it, and follow it religiously.

Follow it religiously? uhmmm....does anyone else see something wrong with that sentense?

:confused:

Qac Qaac   

fallow our calture religously, nin yaaban that is wrong. as i said b4 in another forums of urs, the calture is not perfect. and if our calture comes against our religion we are not fallowing it. coz islam takes the good things of the calture and throws away the bad things of the calture.

p.s. nin yaaban my advice to u. is seperate the calture from our religion. pls man.

Oocyte   

Would you list Soomaali Dhaqan from A-Z? There is a lot of accusation going on around here but it seems "this culture" some people are so obsessed with should be clarified!

It is kinda weird some people remember about culture when it comes to relationship, gender issues,house chore etc.

Here we go again! :rolleyes: I hope SOMEONE doesn't get offended by this forum. Hun, we understand that you strongly believe in this cultural ish, but you gotta keep it down, and what is it with the fact that when you say "dhaqan" the word "women" follows.

I also agree with Qa'Qa...how did religion and culture mix? Weird.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All women who believe in our dhaqan, and who (despite its short-comings) obey it, and follow it religiously.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow it religiously? uhmmm....does anyone else see something wrong with that sentense?

I do...and I'll let the smart ppl figure it out.

.:peace n luv:.

Xalimo7   

Naaa, let the brother keep remind us,not to forget our culture,ty brother Nin-yabin, i am really getting the hang of ur postings. Very soft and down to the point.

see you

Raxmah   

Nin-Yaban what's up with the obsession with somalian culture, we know culture is important, and No you dont lose your identity when you lose your culture, you lose your identity becuase you want to. Somalian culture is important, but religion comes first, and many somalis culture isn't that important becuase parts of our culture goes against our religion, and sometimes for that simple fact I really despise it when someone tells me, culture this culture that. Why dont they tell me about religion.

For your info. is not only females being changed by the media, that applies to males too.

The media doesn't tell us we are special, we are special becuase we know we are.

Is about time you started posting topics as to why many Somali guys dont act the way they should, Islamically and Your favorite culturally.

OG Moti   

Nin yaaban dhaqan beeel, jeel jire .. dhaqan uun baad sheegtaa, oo hadaad dhaqanka sidaa ujeceshahay maxaa kuyaabiyey, war ileen tanookale .. nin yaaban waa nin wareersan, nin wareersan waa nin dhibaaateesan, alaha ku caawiyo brother .. dhaqan buu yiri dhaqan beel peace

nuune   

lol moti,sxb nin yaaban likes the somali dhaqan,it is not wonder that he is the only person in SomaliOnline who likes the dhaqan,

nin yaaban,remind us the dhaqan all the time

Blessed   

I am dhaqan loving, my dhaqan loving. My dhaqan is my religion and all the good principles and values that my parents and the socities in which I have grown up instilled in me. My dhaqan is not always Somali or namadic in nature nor is it entirely unSomali but I still regrad it as a dhaqan worthy of perservation.

What, I don't get is how Somalis dictate that we preserve our culture, when culture is itself an ever evolving non-static phenomena. You see to survive in this world one must constantly change, suirvival of the fittest sort of thing... you must adapt otherwise you'll die. Note, that Xaliimos have a longer life span then Faarax's :D

Xafsa   

Originally posted by OG_Moti:

Nin yaaban dhaqan beeel, jeel jire .. dhaqan uun baad sheegtaa, oo hadaad dhaqanka sidaa ujeceshahay maxaa kuyaabiyey, war ileen tanookale .. nin yaaban waa nin wareersan, nin wareersan waa nin dhibaaateesan, alaha ku caawiyo brother .. dhaqan buu yiri dhaqan beel peace

loool...lool :D you got jokes.

Ameenah---well said sis!!