Sign in to follow this  
miles-militis

Detaining and sending political dissents in exile in Somaliland

India   

MObb_Deep

My brother for you to understand and make comment on where Somalilanders are coming from may be you should step back and just look at the greater picture.

Let me break it down for all ya:

The fact is we Somalilanders know our nations is far from perfect. We know the tasks that lie ahead is monumental. We know corruption/greed and other misfortunes ar vast but we are willing to give it time to improve. Are you with me so far. We also know for a shattered nation almost to the ground, we rose from the rubbles, our achievement in as little time as 10yrs+ are impressive. The election that took place can put that of the US state to shame. Peace is not a condition in Somaliland today but the only option. Fahmutu.

Now lets look at Somalia. Honestly, tell me what I should look at/consider?? I am lost for words. The fact is the fast majority of what is now the former Somalia is unstable, dangerous and is run by the fear of the gun. Thieves are every where, looting and kidnapping is a common thing and famine as reported by most UN org's will break out in the south if drastic actions are not taken. God-forbid this ever happens.

You would agree would you not that people can roam freely in any part of Somaliland? Can the same be said for Somalia?? eh nope. Peace is basic human need, this is the big diff between the two countries.

I can go on boast about Somaliland's monumental achievements but I wont because I am pretty sure most of you keep update with envy ;)

The reason most Somalilander fume with anger when the Somalia camp tries to redicule the nation of Somaliland is this MObb Deep....in all honesty "who is the joke on"?? If I was from Somalia I would bury my head in shame. Like I said before people like Bari and Samuri the ole school fellows of Somalia should be leading the path of light not the doom and gloom of the former. Hope you can read between the lines brother, if not ask Samuri, he is a man who hides behind methaphors and jargon and runs at the forst sight of the truth.

I ask, if the two nation sat face to face. What would Somalia bring to the table?? Samuri this one is strictly for you. I have put so many Q's to you but I have never had a response!! Wonder y that is :confused:

One of my former q's to Samur'a and Bari was as Somalias where should you worries lie, in the Somaliland situation or on the 20th foriegn initiated conference withe 31+presidential candiates and 450+mp's (maninly wardlords I must add)??

One more point to Samuria, as I said to you before I find funny for a man of your calibre to try and potray Somliland as (Hargeisa. Awdal, togdheer)---is it not a little undergraduate comment?? Incinuations like this my brotehr dont change the reality on the ground. But anyway I guess everyone is allowed to dream. icon_razz.gif

Ameenah sis, I will agree the situation with Jama Yare's was mishandled and although UDUB has some distinguished members like Edna -I also agree that we should watch and moniter them like a hawk. But Jama's crime can be translated like this: If the British public were finally given the refrendum they so call on all the time on the issue of the Euro and then they vote overwhelming against joining the Euro BUT Gordon Brown goes down to Brussells in talks of joining the Euro, what would be the reaction of the British government and British public. Sis the London we know all too well will be in disray and uproar.

Peace

Dusty

ps; a HAPPPY BELATED 26TH JUNE TO ALL LANDERS.

India   

MR Samuri,

I am still waiting........

I notice you are doing the rounds in all the other forums but somehow you manage to stay shhh on here....I wonder y :confused:

No more ducking, I humbly await your responses and please no jargons and fabrications....just the plain ol thruth ;) ..give it a go you might find it rewarding.

Angel-Dust dear, what were the questions asked? I must be on the dim side as I could not locate the supposed questions to me? Would you kindly rekindle an interest of sort please?

Gediid   

Originally posted by Samurai Warrior:

Angel-Dust dear, what were the questions asked? I must be on the dim side as I could not locate the supposed questions to me? Would you kindly rekindle an interest of sort please?

LOL,Come on Samurai we know you are smart but we just wanna know HOW smart you really are.

BN   

Originally posted by A.Tukachevsky:

first of all the article concerning mr wicksteads visit to hargeysa outlined that he was there becuase the british are going to assist the somaliland health and education ministries. however you failed to mention that but only mentioned the fact that mr wickstead ADVISED riyale that he must be democratic in his security policy.

First, let me point out that there were THREE news articles on SomalilandTimes.net. TWO were relating to this POSTING. ONE was not. I posted the two articles that did. You make it sound as if I edited ONE article about Mr.Wickstead's visit to hargeysa :rolleyes: I didn't "mention" anything but only added to the discussion already underway. The next time there is a post about which governments are giving aid to which regions of Somalia I'll be sure to post that OTHER article about Mr. Wickstead's visit :D

the new security organisation in somaliland should come very guikly to assist the somaliland police in getting rid of the people who hinder the progress of somaliland's citizens. those munafiqs will be punished for their ignorant deeds.

Don't let your pride blind you Bro. An internal spy agency created by Mr. Riyaale(NSS) can only be bad. BTW, did you read the article it said that the parliament(constitution) called it illegal :rolleyes: But why would that matter to to Riyaale and company.

"According to Somaliland's constitution, the country can only have three types of security forces: the Army, the Police and the Custodial Corps (prison guards).

The security committees established by late president Egal had been declared illegal by the Somaliland House of Representatives. However, the so-called security committees are still operative throughout the regions of Somaliland."

A quote comes to mind "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Why was this so hard for Bush to remember :D

Originally posted by Angel-Dust:

The election that took place can put that of the US state to shame.

God, you really do believe that don't you :rolleyes: I guess that's what happens when someone get's 100% of their information from pro'Somaliland' websites.

Although I do agree with you that if the "Somaliland" government doesn't want to take part in the Peace Conference--then that's OK. Once the NE/Central/South Somalia has peaceful and a stable government I'm sure that the politicains in "Somaliland" will want to form a National Federal government. Nobody is saying to try to do that now. But that doesn't mean that we can't comment on developments in 'Somaliland' ;) Or are you trying to practice UDUB-style censorship on SOL :D

samurai

i think that you are getting a bit too far ahead of yourself now. but you have developed a good logic which is a good thing to see in the opposition in a debate :D

you concentrate the whole of the arguement on the fact that riyaale has been warned to take things MORE democratically and on the fact that he is SAID to be organising for a fourth security organisation. but fail to mention that riyaale has succesfully gotten 2 million pounds of an SOS chief to re-build sheikh secundary school. he also managed to lure gatari, japanese, omanse, pakistani and many more businessment in an possible investment. also you failed to mention the fact that the visit of mr wickstead was to finance the health and education ministries in somaliland.

bro, how can you claim that you fairly raise somalilands good points and bad points when out of a possible 5 articles you mention the 2 bad points and ignore the 3 good points. that seem rather confused to me bro.

Angel-Dust - Having just reread your earlier posting in search of the purported questions, allow me to indulge you.

Quote " ... where should you worries lie, in the Somaliland situation or on the 20th foriegn initiated conference withe 31+presidential candiates and 450+mp's (maninly wardlords I must add)"

Angel love - Somaliland is not only where I was born (Hargeysa), but also a Somali terrain unless proven otherwise which thus far has not been, hence my concern lies there and anywhere else where Somalis are the predominant populace including Puntland, Southwest, and other southern regions of Somalia. Is that comprehendible to you? Or is it so wrong that it is a crime in your orbit? Does that answer the first questions?

Quote "...I find funny for a man of your calibre to try and potray Somliland as (Hargeisa. Awdal, togdheer)---is it not a little undergraduate comment?? Incinuations like this my brotehr dont change the reality on the ground"

Let me correct you there. I believe to have written "present day Somaliland which comprises of Awdal, Hargeysa including Berbera (though now Saahil - a region in accordance with the Hargeysa administration), and Togdheer excluding Buuhoodle, once its largest district ( and now the 6th region in accordance with the Puntland administration)" and not British-Somaliland of the old. I DO hope you understand the stark difference between the two, for that, my dear is the true veracity on the ground. I would know that far better than anyone else because I am by virtue of birth and inheritance from the marsh topography of SS&H, which is an integral part of Somalia by way of Puntland State . Does that sink in? Does that answer your second question?

Were there other matters of concern on which you wish my take? If so, I would be more than happy to oblige.

And by the way, what does "hiding behind metaphors and fabrications" mean love?

A.T- Am I correct to assume that you meant to address Bari_Nomad in your last posting?

Cheers.

Gabbal   

Angel love - Somaliland is not only where I was born (Hargeysa), but also a Somali terrain unless proven otherwise which thus far has not been, hence my concern lies there and anywhere else where Somalis are the predominant populace including Puntland, Southwest, and other southern regions of Somalia.

Love you bro. Somali patriotism at it's best smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

HornAfrique Bruv– The feeling is mutual.

Angel dear– I see you can table the questions, remain anxious for the answers to come, but when they come in floods you tuck tail as they are too darn hard to swallow.

India   

Dear Samuria,

I am not ducking nor , far far from it brethren.I leave that to masters-namely you *lol*

Now we seem to be getting somewhere. And I am afriad you've just proven to me what I have always suspected. That your political stance are blinded by your e-motions. It would seem that although you were born in Somaliland yet you give allegiance to Putland(SP)??. Now, that is fine am sure most of would have done so, but what one does not do is "BITE THE HAND THAT FED YOU". Correct me if I am wrong here but if you are born in a particular city it has some shaping to who you are and the least one can do is give it credit when it is due. Before you shout foul, allow me to demonstrate. In the article relating to Edna aDan's interview you said many fallacies one of them being " the world does not want another hungery mouth to feed" refering to Somaliland. You then went go on to write that the rest of Somalia was no longer bed riden and healing. How can you even campare the two nations?? They are not even on the same pedstal. Not today, not yesterday and not ever.

On the points you made you said you are so OCCUPIED with Somaliland b/c according to you it is "Somali terrain". Now if that is the thruth:

-why dont we EVER see you condeming the outricities that go on daily in the rest of Somali?

-Why is it you potray a rosy picture of the rest of Somalia?

-Why is your general approach to Somaliland baised?

But, you still have not answered my question "why are OCCUPIED with staining Somaliland image! You have been very UNSUCCESSFUL so far and I but even your Somali camp read and juggle with humour at your shortsightness. If you take the interest of any Somali to heart, how come you have never proposed the UNDECUMENTABLE success of Somaliland?

Even Bari trows the towel in at times :D

Another thing Samuria, I read your articles and I see that you are someone who is trying very hard to convince us what you yourself dont hardly beleive :confused: . You try to stain Somaliland's image at every cost. All your article are undertoned with how small, poor and unworkable Somaliland is. When really the opposite is the thruth. Change of tactice is inorder dear sir, the truth has set so many free and is so so enlightening -give it a try.

On the issue of SS&H being part of Somalia by way of " Putland", I say to you the matter is settled and if the bush came to shove-the only solution is "majority rules, minority rights". I hope you dig what I mean. In any lingo, Sanaag is ours and is Hawd, Sool can go any which direction they so chose.

Peace

Await you response again. And be a gent and dont keep the lady(moi) waiting! ;)

When one cannot differentiate factual portrayal of events on the ground as opposed to pure sentiments, blurred reasoning and arguments based on the object of one’s desire, and full revolution round the orbit of the unreasonable extremity becomes the norm. Conformity to such median lest ridiculed by close ones gets the better of one’s honest judgement.

Assertions ( … your political stance blinded by your emotions – your words) presumptuous in nature add no value to the debate, thus shall be ignored.

You seem to be diverting the point of discussion relating to contested issues concerning allegiance and challenged, untenable politics pursued by a minority in Hargeysa by pleading and trying to tab into my inner being by way of sentimental plea, which is very unlikely to work. However, I concur the thinking that one should remain true to one’s country and place of birth; however, do you reckon one should do so if the city is being taken over by politically suicidal minority whose wish is to strip the city of its once glorious stature, the region of its political credence, the people of their sense of loyalty to State and institutions rather than tribal values, and denigrate its future by way of pursuing fanatical ideologies. While on the case of allegiance, should not you be vowing your allegiance to the blue flag?

So you see my agony in seeing my people being bamboozled, and my distress in observing regions of my country being torn apart all because of the idiosyncrasies and preposterous malign logical thinking injurious to the majority. Only the right-thinking mind would lead one to the opposite direction, but then again we are talking about wholesome minds here, are we Angel?

You seem to construe my bringing up of issues relating to Somaliland as being negative and untoward when the fact of the matter is I do so only for my desire to bring in my brother and sisters from the said regions out from the cold, isolation and self-hate (hating Somalis) prevalent in their thinking of anything Somali. Yes, I am proud of the successes, stability, progressive steps made though restricted to Hargeysa in many corners the same way that I embrace similar developmental activities in Puntland, Hiiraan, Shabeele, and Southwest, and DO hope to see the rest follow suit.

By the way Angel, did you hear how Lascanood is now one the fastest growing business hubs in Somalia? Which administration do you reckon runs the municipalities, collects taxes ploughed back in to the region and its districts, and local government offices? Why police force patrols the streets at night to keep the peace? Which Dervishes safeguard the borders of SS&H?

Claims and counterclaims surrounding SS&H and its rightful, predominant inhabitants are not productive; therefore let us agree to disagree on the matter as only time (July of 2003) will tell.

Question for you though, you are from Togdheer, where pro-Somaliweyn mind you is very much prevalent, the least developed region in many aspects in Somaliland, I understand. Why on earth do you care where SS&H vows its allegiance since its own sons and daughters (incl. myself) are in the forefront of the campaign to rekindle the spirit of federal Somalia? I will be touched if you were to tell me that you love people of these regions because they are Somalis?

A.T – no worries mate.

Best of luck!