Sign in to follow this  
wind.talker

PM Ghedi to Muqdisho by road

Rahima,

my dear sister give me a break will you. The people of Mogadishu are no difefrent to the ones in Galkacyu, Beledweyne, Jowhar and any other town. Why do you lose touch with reality every other minute? Mogadishu is controlled not y the people but by clan based factions Individuals like, Inda cade, Daylaaf., Qaynyare, Suudi Yalaxow, Bootan Xarankunax, Ato, Xasan Dahir, the clan courts and so on control Mogadishu and its jigsaw puzzle districts. There is NO POLICE, NO ARMY in the city. It is scared by bullets, its main international AIRPORT and SEAPORT are closed and out of action. ALL THE MINISTRIES and government buildings are CLOSED, RUN DOWN, or DESTROYED. The education is given by NGOs and brave individual groupings. This has been the case in OUR largest city for 14 years AND you expect the Presidnet to change is in 10 MONTHS?

Change would have come a bit quicker if individuals like Qaynyare and Co, did not try to put more obsticles in place with their fake cries of "Ethiopia" is coming and "the government is split".... In conclusion the President is no boggyman to Mogadishu and its lovely but bondaged population, but he dfenetly brings fear to the WARLORDS and CLAN COURTS that control it now...

Qudhac,

What is your point, I reassure you your PM Geedi is well and safe and is coming to Mogadishu soon insha Allah..

Xoogsade   

The men who were supposed to challenge them are in Jowhar by choice, and for that reason, you can't blame the lack of progress and stagnation only on those you mentioned. A/Y isagaa marti iska dhigey but people were ready to fight for him and for his government. Isagana waxaa ka xun midkaan geeddi la leeyahay oo Xamar ku Dhashay. He should be campaigning day and night in Xamar stirring up the passions of people positively to put more pressure on any nay sayer. Instead, he is cooped up in Jowhar looking like a yes-man to A/Y.

And what do we deal in here at SOL politics section? Mindless A/Y supporters who would attack you when you present a legetimate question to a screwed up policies just because the man behind the policy happens to be, oh yea, their distant seventh cousin.

^^^ Xoogsade I agreed with some of your comments above. The later part was forgetable, indeed the Pres and PM could do more in terms of Xamar, campaining and all. Yes they have along way to mastering the media. However nothing is perfect so lets try to mend things rather starting all over again.

Rahima   

General,

You know what your problem is, every time you are asked a question you somehow feel the need to tread into unquestioned waters and state the agreed upon as if it gives your point more weight.

Find a new tactic will ya and irrespective of how you try to justify that garbage you wrote (which is the whole point since you missed it), it was inappropriate and it sure as hell is not something, which should be said by someone who cares about Somalia. Like I’ve said over and over, in my opinion, the worst enemies of CY are his own supporters. You people make it worse for the old man. Because of the rude cockiness (full of prejudice also don’t forget) like that you have displayed, CY even if completely transformed would never be seen positively because you lot are tarnishing his image.

And finally can I just laugh at the absurd insinuation you are making,

:D:D:D

So you say that CY is going to be the savior of the people Mogadishu?

Thanks for the laugh :D . It’s like asking Hitler to save Jews, Sharon to save the Muslims or Cato to save PLs. See how absurd it is?

Sky   

I don't think any CY supporter can further tarnish CY's image, if one takes your extremist views into account. Comparing Hitler, Sharon and narco-warlord Caato to CY? I don't know dadka aad la sheekaysatid, but damn. So much hateful venom doesn't look good on a woman.

CHE   

Phase two of the Nairobi conference was mainly pertained to issues of :

-land ownership and disarmament.Both were deemed less important than phase three,elections, and put on the backburner.My underatding is, that it was left to the discretion of warlords to enforce peace and law in their respective enclaves.Nothing has been done in Mogadishu to improve it's security.If I was Suudi i would've advocated for secure mogadisho,where public infrastructures are available government use, than to accuse the government of breaching the peace terms.

Where government is seated has reduced priority Vs how secure the place is.Inability to secure Mogadishu is even a bigger breach to peace-terms than having it not as the capital.

Allow me to be clear; Mogadishu belongs to a certain group of folks and is run by a certain group of folks,and in this case it becomes inherent,with all that power at their disposal, on them to secure mogadishu.If they fail to do so , they(warlords) should not expect to lull the government into a trap(mogadishu) just to prove that Yeey is incompetent.

My Q becomes, how do U soppose that the government relocates to Mogadishu without these warlords fulfilling their prime duty( to secure mogadishu, atleast the port and the airport)?

Originally posted by Rahima:

So you say that CY is going to be the savior of the people Mogadishu?

Thanks for the laugh
:D
. It’s like asking Hitler to save Jews, Sharon to save the Muslims or Cato to save PLs. See how absurd it is?

Hitler murdered millions of Jews. Sharon has both systematically and literally murdered millions of Muslims. So, we would never expect them to save their mortal enemies (i.e. Jews in Hitler's case, Muslims in Sharon's).

Now, Col Yeey has killed plenty of Somalis. BUT, the people he killed are mostly from his own clan-family. To date, Col Yeey has not engaged USC warlords in a military confrontation. Under his leadership, PL transformed from a lawless no-man's-land to a peaceful region of Somalia. So, did he save the people of northeastern Somalia (from themselves)? Arguably, he did.

Cismaan Caato - where on his record does it say that he has saved his own folks, arguably or not? He's a man accused of assassinating the USC's most admirable leader, marxuum Gen. Caydiid (alaha u naxaristo). I'm sure you, RAHIMA, will agree that, in the world of Somali clans and regions, Col Yeey has done far better for his own ilk (PL) than has Caato for his (USC).

I'm not gonna sit here and tell anyone that Col Yeey is gonna save Muqdisho. But he has something on his track record that says he's not a isbaaro-establishment type of leader. If Reer Muqdisho need anything today, they need someone to remove those roadblocks (the warlords have only made promises to do so).

Horaa waxaa loo yiri, Gaalka dil, gartiisana sii.

WT , I think you have taken sister’s analogy little too far. To her (and I share that view, to some extend), for the old man to send isbaaro-removing cavalry to the besieged city of Xamar would only exasperate things as those in the city would see him as revenge-seeking man who wants to settle old scores. Her analogy rightly fits in that clannishly induced political environment. So lets not stretch that string too extreme, saaxiib.

Geedi belongs to Xamar and he can go there any time. But Xamar needs a totally different strategy than the old man is currently entertaining. If the old man does not walk the walk and keeps talking while he remains a behaving magan under the idiocy of M Dheere (balo loo bahanyahay?), he is risking a civil war and the miscarriage may as well cover him with blood.

Xoogsade   

CHE, The city needs the government with its head in town forcing change slowly and by their presence. The government should capitalize on people's frustration and be in town to show who is standing the way of progress and security. If A/Y can't come, he should send the bulk of the government in to test the willingness of people. Aidid Jr said will give the keys of the VILLA to the government, so why not come and take it as the first step? I think important members of the government like A/Y and Geeddi should show courage and test the waters of Xamar, see how much support people will grant. A/Y will have the same protection he has in Jowhar. The WARLORDS have no real cause unless given a cause to them by short-sighted policies. Picking a fight with them and pickering with them is empowring them. Yalaxoow won't be able to fight his community if majority of them support the government which they do. Atto represents his avarice and can be bought and silenced. These men shouldn't be treated as representative of a clan or part of a clan. Treating them like that will actually gain them support. Some government entities like shariif and like minded others are good people and would won't be presenting challenges since the government is fully in Town. Their positions of responsibility must be respected.

If people's sentiments are of any indication, there are Radio stations where City residents actually call in to express their opinions and frustrations in Xamar, most residents really want to help the government and feel betrayed. Feeling betrayed is a good sign because it shows people expected better and will still lend a hand if their expectations are addressed.

I don't think sitting Jowhar and being a guest to one Man will accomplish something or bring progress. Expecting Atto and others to make the town secure and fully functioning is pointless. It is a joke. Only the Government in its entirety present in town can bring the energy and the motivation towards successful transition to stability. That is what people hoped for in the beginning, that these leaders will come to town, claim their titles and be courageous enough to face the difficulties ahead of them.

If A/Y tries and fails because of people he was willing to sacrifice for and help, then I don't see why other somalis should be concerned. After all, there is no particular clan or entity trully benefitting from the success of this government other than current residents of Muqdisho.

As for the property issues, if government is successful, it will be easy to evict people who can't show proof of ownership to the properties they hold. Many homes are actually destoryed and gutted, many are inhabited but all in all, a strong hand of government utilizing islam and god fearing muslims will get everyone their missing property back. Marka hore dowlad ka dibna xoolo maqan. If you start with the second one, you are setting up yourself for a failure.

Duke

The second part of my earlier post dadkaa looga hadashiinaa nooh lol. The likes of Xiin Galti :D

PS: Ramadan Kariim Everyone.

Rahima   

WT , I think you have taken sister’s analogy little too far. To her (and I share that view, to some extend), for the old man to send isbaaro-removing cavalry to the besieged city of Xamar would only exasperate things as those in the city would see him as revenge-seeking man who wants to settle old scores. Her analogy rightly fits in that clannishly induced political environment. So lets not stretch that string too extreme, saaxiib.

Thank-you. Looks like you got my point ;) .

I'm not gonna sit here and tell anyone that Col Yeey is gonna save Muqdisho.

Basically my point from that analogy brother.

As for Caato, don’t start me on him. I think my feelings on him (along with all the other thugs) are well known.

Sky,

Regarding my hateful venom towards warlords, yes I am proud of it so no need to make it sound like something I should be ashamed of :rolleyes: . If I could do more than words to deal with these morons I would, shame I can’t.

Finally, in future respond to me when you’ve managed to get over previous encounters ;) .

Sky   

Originally posted by Rahima:

Sky,

Regarding my hateful venom towards warlords, yes I am proud of it so no need to make it sound like something I should be ashamed of :rolleyes: . If I could do more than words to deal with these morons I would, shame I can’t.

Finally, in future respond to me when you’ve managed to get over previous encounters
;)

You knew what I mean with the hateful venom comment, don't act otherwise.

Its obviously YOU who didn't get over previous encounters [whatever that means]. You still have them in your mind, no?

Rahima   

^ I’m being blamed for the nightmares you know. :D

Sky,

Smile dear, smile :D . How shameful to let a women get to you right?

And..um just one small point- you do understand English right? So where does the hateful venom comment come in? So I don’t particularly like CY and Caato, so? (in case you miss it, all rhetorical)

Did you expect me to be part of the cheerleading squad like our dear brother Camel Milk here?

Oh wow General you’re so good :D , oh wow your so amazing! I say give me a G “Gâ€; give me an E “Eâ€â€¦ What is this high school all over again :rolleyes: ?

Shameful to see grown men get irritated and try to have a gang up session on poor sweet Rahima ;) .

Anyway to all Ramadaan Kariim and to the cheerleading brigade (no need for names right) you will be in my prayers also.

Sky   

Lol :D

Anyway, since you're clinging on 'previous encounters', what on earth happened to Salaxudiin's topic about the drowning of Somalis and Ethiopians in the Gulf of Aden? I remember you and Castro raiding the thread USC style. Why was the thread deleted?

Ramadan Karim!