Sign in to follow this  
QabiilDiid

child rapist

Duufaan   

medaroter. miskiin macruuf."

First I do not understand, why a topic named “child rapist†is this section. Secondly, It is basically an attack an individual whether his guilty or not. Third, it is my right to defend anyone.

However I apology for Rowda. I am a traditional nomad, very soft for females. I had mistaken her for somebody else.

In other hand Rowda must understand, I know that there were market in Hargeysa where majority of visitors come from west Somalia which locals called “doqon mawaayeâ€. Not only that but let alone labeling "doqomo" the 24 mall visitors is not fare.

this was rowda comment.

"Last I checked the Somali Mall was not the gathering place for the intellectuals in fact they are called Doqoma waaye. "

this is my respond,

"Interesting that you consider intellectual by yourself and others here including me! Do not you think that is not intelligent comment? The case is now the forum adm. I can definitely say you are doqon"

Rowda   

^ Marka hore I'm not from Hargeysa nor have I ever been there. Mida labaad Doqon mawaaye is used somalis everywhere and I don't think Hargeysans are the only guilty once here. Mida sedexaad hanoqon seeflabood (by labeling me to a particular region).

I was not using ppl who visits the mall including myself but those who live there 24/7. Camal la'aantu waadoqonimo sxb. Ha ii naxariisan cuz kuma waydiisan ina'abti!

Hubsiimo halbaa lasiistaa!

Miskiin ina'hooyo waad mahadsantahay.

Ciid mubaarka to all nomads

^^ Maxaa la isugu haystaa Moolkan horta, Ma qabiil gooni ah ayaa kubadan oo dagayba meesha, Im not from the US, ain't aware of anything is hepening down that tribe troublesome Somali Mall. Waxaad isu qarinaysiin joojiya soo tuura nooh!

Yay yihiin horta? :D (Incase you are wondering, typical Somali I am!lol)

Coloow   

Somali websites=doqon ma waaye=fadhi ku dirir=baar bagamoondo.

I have been following this case:

On the one hand we have a famous somali poet/composer/playwright (ma ogtahay ugaasooy) who revealed how life in the west could be (qabyo 1 was a great movie!). We see our the few intellectia we have or had (Sayid, sangub, hadraawi, abdi qeys, ma shaaiqda farah badan) as people who are morally superior, who are not fallible.

On the other hand we are aware of the rights of individuals of crime. This young lady has claimed that sangub molested her. She is a victim and should be treated as such. Where she is from is irrelevant. Even if she was a gaal from habar kuleey, she has been sexually abused (at least that is what she claims).

The matter is now in the hands of the judicial system of the US and let us wait for the verdict. If he is guilty he should face the consequences. If he is vindicated then we should hurl words at this sick woman who has caused our man sangub, the somali community suffering.

Walaahi waan seexan waayey markii aan maqlay warkaan. I felt that sangub somehow let us down as somalis. But there are two stories to every event and I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and wait and see how the court proceedings come and go.

^^^^^^Are you insinuating that in today’s litigious America a metropolitan daily is so willing to openly and carelessly publish lies and unfounded accusations so damaging such as child rape, against an American citizen?

Guys, check your emotions. Stop idolizing personalities. The guy admitted the crime. The only defense he has is if he proves to the court that when he was conceding the crime to police that his mental state had been unbalanced and that he can not recall the answers he has given them. Or perhaps, if he argues the police has obtained the concession from him under duress because the authorities subjected him a torture not less painful than that suffered by the Abu Quraib prisoners! :confused:

Taleexi   

Nayruus, taking that position over the case seems premature to me, let me tell you this, unless you are an insider of the case how can you prophecy how the verdict will outplay?, nonetheles, agreed that this is a heinous crime and should be treated as such.

Nevertheless, in the court room all considerable variables will be discussed as harsh as it may sound, like was Singub intoxicated, crazy or on crack?, was the victim girl really 10 years old at the time of faraxumaynta if it exists?, is there any trap setting that the victim participated?, all these afore-mentioned Qs. and others will be given attention.

However, If the alleged man found to be rapist, I personally strongly believe that he receives maximum punishment possible because on the one hand he is an old Somali man who knows what is norm and what is not, on the other hand he is a Muslim who is aware of that Allah forbade this. But inasmuch we are jumping into conclusions, it is sad to see that our emotional exercises will remain to be in futility.

Xargaga   

I believe that this topic has aroused a bigger aproar with such a magnitude that it confirms the hate and rivilvary within the somali community in Minnesota. not long was that issue of mayoral election. Somalis infact are insignificant minority in the twin cities to influence the election outcome, yet have taken to ashame themselves by dividing into clan A vs Clan B in campaigning for the two mayoral seat contestant respectively. each group called itself the rightfull somali mouth pieace with one actually boasting of numbers .After the election results the statistics showed that, the somalis even if would have voted as a bloke, would not have affected the outcome. Now that a can of worms have been opened against one considered a legendary figure within the community. Immediately the clanistic psychophants wasted no time to jump into conlussion, politicizing the issue in the intention of collecting money from the unsuspecting kin members of the alleged defendant.They initialized an open propaganda slogan that the whole issue was big conspiracy by members of isq community.As of now it is well established that the victim is not of the accused clan neither have anything to do with them. now the question is why jump into conclussions? and even if there was such a thing why imlplicate the whole community as if they all were aware of the consipiracy?. I think this notion of generalization is one concept used by those evil advocates calling themselves justice advocates. whenever they want to draw ppls and press attention they change individual matters into a clan politics.About the case its true that the matter be left to the authorities and the parties involved.anybody can give their opinion here but i think that its irational to implicate a whole group of people who even dont know each other as conspirators, unless one is suffering from that archaic clanistic paranoia.Personally i heard that the police were involved in the recorded phone conversation between the alleged victim and the defendant which actually makes the evident quite clear but still we need to wait for the verdict.

Sometimes It Falls Upon a Generation To be Great. You Can be That Generation. Nelson Mandela

Arawella   

Why do some of you write both in English and Somali. Why can't you just choose a language or is because you would like to advertise your lingustic skills.

I am told that there is a Somali ONLY conversing section where members are adamant that no other language is welcome hence why can't we apply the same policy here.

Well done to those who are literate in Somali and for those of us who are beginners but could you please continue using one language. Surely everyone's opinions should be valued hence please refrain using Somali in non-Somali section.

This thread is generic and is not addressed to only this topic.

Duufaan   

The case is close, I think the best way to solve is traditional way. somali minneasota are great. Best community in west, no doubt about it. Very different both EU and Canada. The community is very large, still very united. You never notice divisions between somali communities.

I understand the anger, about this case Unfortunately Some individual decided to create truoble in the community. a small minority with their news paper and radio never stopp their attack and accusation.

Arawella   

I totally disagree the case should be solved through the courts and not by traditional laws dictated by bygone era and governed by qabil. If the claim against Mr Sugule stands then why should he be protected by Somali clan? No one whether a legend or not should be excused for their actions. To drop the case in order to avoid sentencing Mr Sugule would be an insult to the claimant and furthermore drive underground potential cases of individuals who experienced similar trauma.

In addition, Somali in Europe and in Canada are no less united than those in Minnesota.

nuune   

Originally posted by Fathia:

Why do some of you write both in English and Somali. Why can't you just choose a language or is because you would like to advertise your lingustic skills.

I am told that there is a Somali ONLY conversing section where members are adamant that no other language is welcome hence why can't we apply the same policy here.

Well done to those who are literate in Somali and for those of us who are beginners but could you please continue using one language. Surely everyone's opinions should be valued hence please refrain using Somali in non-Somali section.

This thread is generic and is not addressed to only this topic.

Fathia, as far as I know, one can write english or somali in these forums be it politics or general section, when MMA told you not to write english in the somali section, it wasn't meant an attack on you not to write english in da somali section, rather that we should keep and write Somali for keeping the language and for educational purpose only, go to the somali section and create an english topic where you want to improve you Somali, nothing is wrong with that, cuz you are learning, dat is the whole point!

MMA can explain more since he is moderator in this section

Xargaga   

I just was curious about the end of the saga that ensued in twin cities,MN, USA some weeks ago.As was being anticpated the hearing was to be on 31st of january.can anyone give us the update. Meanwhile in my search for news i came across this somali poem .entittled.

CEEBTA DIHIN MAANTA

Waxba yuu hadalku ila sii durkine

Waxan kusoo duubay

Oon uga danleeyahay dadyoow

Ceebtan dihin maanta

Ee ciinka daaqdee abwaan

Duugtay(Aastay) magicisa

Ee degelka gaalada ku nool

Dawarsigii caydha

Markii uu daryeel iyo ka helay

Daawo iyo hoyba

Isago da’daa shegan oo