Sign in to follow this  
QabiilDiid

child rapist

Some people have attached advantage to the colonial conquest of Africa to the African natives. If one can argue there are benefits for Somali people of their mass exodus to the West, it is the appearance of the social ills like the following to the DAYLIGHT. Accusation and confession like this would never have come out to the public awareness if the crime took place in Somalia especial when abuser is a famous poet.

This is an example of the part of our culture that I hate the most. The perceived dignified prestige and the high social standing of the individual are above everything else including the law of the land and the words of ALLAH. If they have iota of moral standing, how could a group of supporters rallied in defense of a self-admitted child rapist?

“We need a constitution that is above any individual however powerful that person is†Axmed Ismaaciil Samater..

---------------------------------------------

Somali poet charged in '95 rape of 10-year-old

Accuser taped his confession, complaint says

BY EMILY GURNON

Pioneer Press

January 5, 2006

In his home country of Somalia, he was a prominent poet and playwright who wasn't afraid to challenge the corrupt regime.

Now, years after he arrived in the Twin Cities, Mahamud Abdullahi Isse, 70, is facing charges that he raped a 10-year-old girl at her Minneapolis home in 1995. His supporters say the accusations must be false.

The alleged victim, who was not named in a complaint filed Tuesday in Hennepin County District Court, is now 20 and living in Washington state.

She told police last month that Isse visited her guardian at their home in 1995 after she had arrived in Minneapolis from Somalia, according to the complaint. He brought the youngster candy and treats but later crawled into her bed, fondled her and had sex with her, she told police.

Isse was charged with first-degree criminal sexual conduct. He posted bail Saturday.

His attorney, Richard J. Cohen of St. Paul, said Isse would plead not guilty.

Omar Jamal of the Somali Justice Advocacy Center in St. Paul said that Isse, who has lived in the United States for about 10 years, is a beloved and highly respected member of the Somali community.

He was invited to address a Somali studies conference in 1999 at York University in Toronto, where he was described as a "popular Somali poet and dramatist."

A group of Isse supporters rallied Tuesday night outside the Hennepin County Jail. Jamal said some members of the community believe political enemies are framing Isse.

"My gut feeling is that he's innocent. But I will let the criminal justice system determine that," Jamal said.

Isse's accuser told police that when she saw Isse at the Somali Mall during a visit to Minneapolis in December, he gave her his phone number and said he wanted to see her again, according to the criminal complaint.

She called Isse and tape-recorded a conversation in which he admitted having sex with her when she was a child, the complaint said.

After police found Isse at the mall, he confirmed that he had admitted the sexual contact in the phone call but said "it was only a joke." He ultimately admitted to police that he had fondled the girl, the complaint said. Isse is scheduled to appear in court Jan. 31.

Emily Gurnon can be reached at egurnon@pioneerpress.com or 651-228-5

Source: Pioneer Press, Jan. 05,2006

Good riddance and burn in hell child repist :mad:

Pardon my last comment. I skimmed through the post. My fault entirely. The man admitted his guilt and should be punished. It is outrageous and no one should feel any sympathy towards him.. :mad:

Duufaan   

this is very ugly and it will hurt hard mostly girl's relative and those behind her. It is political motivated and Somali people in Minnesota are united and against the plot against the legend

Castro   

^ The man admitted to masturbating on and fondling a 10 year old. He then had the gull to come back a decade later to finish the dirty job. That's pedophelia and molesting a child and later probably attempted rape. Both felony crimes. How many more are in the shadows who can't come forward and he won't admit to? The only question that remains is how many years he should spend in jail. And I'm hoping it's a long while. Look, whether he's a legend or not is irrelevant here. Molesting children is a no no.

Even a friggin legend can be a pedophile. Get that through your thick clannist heads!

Kashafa   

It is political motivated and Somali people in Minnesota are united and against the plot against the legend

Hopefully, you'll be able to cry yourself to sleep, once Awoowe "Legend" starts his jail career. Ex-cops and pedophiles have it the worst in prison. He'll be given a royal welcome.

Castro   

I know first hand someone Sangub hit on and probably would have molested, fondled or raped had he had an opportunity. Though that's not much of an evidence but his admission in this case should negate what anyone else would say out there.

When are we, as a people, going to get past the collective shame we feel when one of our own is caught commiting a crime? It does not reflect badly on all of us. A warlord does not make all Somalis war criminals. And a pedophile surely does not represent us no matter how many songs he's written.

So much for my hiatus.

Johnny B   

"She told police that Isse, whom she then called "uncle," would bring her candy and treats when he visited her guardian, and that when she was 10 years old he got into her bed, fondled her breasts, pulled her pants down and had sex with her, the complaint said."

I´m stunned !!

Arawella   

If he is guilty of the crimes alleged against him then I applaud the girl for her bravery. It takes acceptance that she wasn't to blame for this monstrous act. She is very courageous to face up to the degradation and miseries suffered under someone she trusted. The guardians should be shamed for not suspecting this act while she was under their care.

Perhaps this guy is not the only famous Somali who abused his position and has committed such wretched deeds. If so then lets hope that the victims follow the foot steps the mentioned girl.

Duufaan   

"Duufaan, What is it you know that makes you so sure that the outcome will be as u stated?

mind sharing?"

Well, I just met him the 24 somali mall. As far as I known the girl is not twenty year old. she was not child and she is not now. it is all about the "yac" comments he made last year. He is minnesota with many supporters. He also wrote new play which coming soon.

Rowda   

"Yac" comment? how is that relevent to this situation sxb?? Markii bari loo heeso ayuu boorame katumaa!! The Yac comment was meant for ppl in the north regarding the D.C. case where a lot of reer waqoyi ppl got insulted although he said that was not his intention. If u're from MN then u know the girl has nothing to do with the waqoyi region.

Last I checked the Somali Mall was not the gathering place for the intellectuals in fact they are called Doqoma waaye. :D

Originally posted by General Duke:

Pardon my last comment. I skimmed through the post. My fault entirely. The man admitted his guilt and should be punished. It is outrageous and no one should feel any sympathy towards him.. :mad:

Duke, thank u for your revised comment.

Originally posted by Fathia:

If he is guilty of the crimes alleged against him then I applaud the girl for her bravery.

Fathia, it is hard for some people to call spade a spade. There are no ifs or buts; the guy conceded his guilt to the police investigators. So send your praises to the victim for her courage via Minneapolis police authority.