Sign in to follow this  
nuune

It looks like 1990/1991 war, who is responsible of what is going on?!!

LANDER   

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

^^ I thought there was war in Somalia since 1988 or is only me who knows that :confused:

Salam

Wise youngin you are. You see 1988 was the waqoyii war a.k.a modern day Somaliland, or better yet a XXXXXX (enter any deragotory term here) war as the kacaan folk would say. People in the rest of the old republic or what is today Somalia did not feel the brunt of war until it came to there door step in 1990. A friend from Xamar once told me he was in mogadishu in 1988 and alot of young men from the south from XYZ clan would be rounded up to join the war in the north. But beyond these night time random raids of young men, the rest of the city seemed oblivious to the fact that there was a war waging in the north. Case in point being it was the mentality of the old regime to minimize the extent or the relevance of the war in the north to merely a small uprising that must be crushed. It is that very propaganda that I notice many still carry around till this very day including Sangub. Its quite hilarious yet sad at the same time when you see people trying to draw logic from the illogical. Perhaps if the dictatorship knew that the war they where losing in real terms, but yet was being won in propaganda would still leave to their demise, they might have reconsidered their strategy. I am tempted to say that it's human nature and people don't really understand the concequences of certain events or perhaps not all are gifted with forsight or the ability to reason and draw conclusion whitout others giving them simplistic answers. But that would be no better than to compare human beings to bestily animals with very little capability to reason beyond the day to day survial.

p.s.Og_girl you might not be the only who knows the war started in 1988, but perhaps you are among those who choose to know that ;) .

Sky   

I am tempted to say that it's human nature and people don't really understand the concequences of certain events or perhaps not all are gifted with forsight or the ability to reason and draw conclusion whitout others giving them simplistic answers. But that would be no better than to compare human beings to bestily animals with very little capability to reason beyond the day to day survial.

stop the crocodile tears, youre ruining the carpet. like bn said the war started in 1978, the thousands of innocent ppl mostly elderly, women n kids died of thirst becuz their water reservoirs were destroyed or poisoned in the baadiye of jariiban district. young teenage men were called on by the army to stand in line on the asphalt road and were executed one by one in front of their mothers. gaalkacyo was destroyed by afweyne and ethiopia by airbobming and guulwadayaal did what they always do, harass the population.

thats why i dont understand why ppl still respect afweyne. the daanyeer died in a nigerian toilet.

Originally posted by sky.african:

thats why i dont understand why ppl still respect afweyne. the daanyeer died in a nigerian toilet.

Istaaqfurulah. Ninyahow nacaybka intuu kaa galay? The guy is dead. Let him RIP for the sake of Islam and everything we stand for as Muslims.

As far as when or where "the war" started, the point is it started and now we are to figure out a way to end it. Be constructive instead of defensive - like being the first victims of a war is something to be proud of. Sheesh.

OG_Girl   

Originally posted By LANDER:

p.s.Og_girl you might not be the only who knows the war started in 1988, but perhaps you are among those who choose to know that
;)

Pheeeeeew!I am glad that I am not the only one who knows ;) . Seriously, there is people here don't have feelings for others' grave until it cames to their door step (as you put it).We are Somalis what you expect from us!! redface.gif

Salam

N.O.R.F   

aha, ppl are finally realising that warlordism only breeds war and NOT peace, what a refreshing change :cool:

Duke and Horn, are you two still supporting this govnt/warlords?

the war started in 1988

the war started in 1978

Does it matter? War is War, hard times for all involved, full stop.

A country that continuelly talks of war/fighting shall never prosper

Duke and Horn, are you two still supporting this govnt/warlords?

I don't know about Horn, but Duke? You better be kidding to ask that question. :D

Gabbal   

^^War dee adiga maxaa ku daaray? Ayaamahaan hostile ayaaba noqotay :D

Northernor maybe you should be here more often, cuz Horn meesha ha soo dhexgalin! :D

N.O.R.F   

Northernor maybe you should be here more often, cuz Horn meesha ha soo dhexgalin!

Do i sense a change of tact? Maybe a u-turn on the current govnt's position (or non-position of) bringing peace and pstability to Somalia?

Duke, do you ever want to go back home? at the current rate you will never set foot there again, well yes but looking over your shoulder all the time is not my idea of a peaceful country run by a peaceful govnt. A dose of realism doesnt hurt sometimes.

its that time of year when norf is political, well for a while at least :D

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Bishaaro:

^^LOL. Whip him hard.

Where do you get those?

Lool@Bishaaro..you like whipping he...! :D