Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

The War is over

They might be wrong, but reports are coming out that the shiites are forming a considerable uprising against Sadam's army in Basra.

This would be a political and military blow for Sadam. He would be done. The American and the British were clever enough to turn people against Sadam.

If the uprising is true, It is OVER. It is a matter of capturing Saddam now.

What is your opinion?

mojam   

Well the outcome wasn't in question really but the fight for Baghdad should be really bloody for the Western Coalition.

In any case, Saddam has screwed up the Western nations. He has divided the Alliances that were formed after WW II. He has proved that the UN is useless.

This is the latest news

-----------------------------------------------------------------

World - Reuters

Iraqi Shi'ite Opposition Calls for Revolt

1 hour, 18 minutes ago Add World - Reuters to My Yahoo!

ZUBAYR, Iraq (Reuters) - Unrest rippled in the Iraqi southern city of Basra on Wednesday but it was unclear how serious or widespread the opposition was to the ruling Baath party of President Saddam Hussein (news - web sites).

Reuters Photo

Latest news:

· U.S. Changes Tactics in Push to Baghdad

AP - 14 minutes ago

· Iraqi Forces Make Way Toward U.S. Troops

AP - 17 minutes ago

· Iraq: 14 Dead in Baghdad Missile Attack

AP - 45 minutes ago

Special Coverage

As an Iraqi Shi'ite opposition group called for the Iraqi people to revolt against Saddam, a British minister and military officers said some unrest was evident and it appeared that local supporters of the president had been firing on their own people.

But correspondents in Basra for Qatar's Al-Jazeera television and for Abu Dhabi Television reported on Wednesday they had seen no signs of unrest.

Al-Jazeera reporter Mohammed al-Abdallah said: "The streets of Basra are very calm and there are no indications of violence or riots. There are no signs of the reported uprising.

"All we can hear are distant explosions in the southeast, and we believe fighting is going on there."

Britain's defense minister said there had been disturbances in Basra, with residents "rising up" against Baghdad and Iraqi government militia attacking them.

"Whether it is still happening remains unclear," Defense Secretary Geoff Hoon told BBC radio in London.

Hoon said: "Certainly there have been disturbances with local people rising up against the regime.

"We know that there have been attempts by regime militia to attack those people, their own people, to attack them with mortars, machinegun fire, rifles and so on."

He said British forces stationed around Basra, a Shi'ite Muslim city with a history of opposition to the Sunni-dominated Iraqi government, had not witnessed the uprising at first hand but had learned of it through "various sources."

Basra was the scene of a failed Shi'ite insurrection after the 1991 Gulf War (news - web sites).

An opposition group leader, Mohsen Hakim, said widespread demonstrations had been held in parts of Basra on Tuesday.

Hakim, of the Tehran-based Supreme Council for Islamic Revolution in Iraq (news - web sites) (SCIRI), said there had been clashes between local people and the security forces.

Many civilians were injured, he said.

"Opposition groups ... ask the Iraqi nation to be fully prepared to rise against Iraq's dictatorial Baath regime, to free cities and villages," he said.

SCIRI spokesman Abu Islam also said earlier there had been disturbances in Basra on Tuesday, but he did not think these added up to a popular uprising.

Basra is Iraq's second largest city and many of its people have been cut off from water supplies for several days, with aid agencies warning of a humanitarian crisis developing there.

The International Committee of the Red Cross said on Wednesday that technicians and ICRC engineers had managed to start up three out of six back-up generators for the water plane but more spare parts were needed.

"The ICRC estimates that 50 percent of the city's approximately 1.5 million inhabitants now have access to drinking water."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Bachelor   

One need to question the source of the information (reliablity is the issue). As we all know Propaganda through media is powerful tool these days to win. Lets wait and see how it goes and never under-estimate the determination and will of "niimanka ciraaqi". Therefore, i believe its to early to call.

Senora   

the outcome of the war was never a surprise..

the only thing that raised an eyebrow was when President Bush claimed this war would be "a cake walk". We all know war is never easy, so thats the only thing that might come as a surprise. As far as the uprisings go, I have read in papers and listened to the news, and uprisings in Basra is something that has been going on. I just don't like the fact that they are turning their anger towards their people. But the main thing that is really hurting me are those people in Iraq now with now food, electricity, or running water! I'm more worried about that then those people who are uprising against their country( though it is a good sign for americans, cause it justifies their whole "OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM"), The humanitarian issue should be more of a priority.

N.O.R.F   

all the news channels together with the brits and usa are now backtracking on this uprising crap, so dont believe sh*t ppl,

Al-Jazeera be the one!

SO libaax, if you were a commander in the republican guard , then you would have kissed the boot of the marines and given up the fight?

don't be so easily misled by the propaganda machine. i watched al jazeera refuting claims of the infidels of the capture of umm al qasra, faw peninsula, and mowsil. in each city an aljazeera reporter was there . the allies also claimed to have captured the commander of the 51st mechanized division of iraqi army, four days later , he was interviewed by aljazeera and he said he was still fighting the allies.

aljazeera reporters were in basra and said there were no uprising whatso ever.

victory is certain for the allies, but the price they and the iraqi ppl will pay is far from certain.

please watch aljazeera or other independant channels, rather than nbc and fox, who don't even show the civilian casualties of the aggresion.

and CERTAINLY THE WAR AGAINST THE GAALOOS WILL NEVER BE OVER.

XASSAN NASRALLAH IS OUT

Thanks for the info guys. I don't have an access to al-jazeera and their website was taken off the air by HACKERS for the last couple of days. Glad to hear that it was a British propoganda.

Matkey   

Please, do not waste your time on watching CNN, which by the way i called it PNN (Pentagon News Network). I know that most of you aware of the way in which this network and the likes disseminate a false information. But do you know when you constantly watch these networks, you start to believe or consume their lies. It is a repetitive process intended to indoctrinate and brain wash the public, even those who aware of their lies are susceptible to thier deception. Once you hear these lies over and over, subconsciously, you begin to have doubts about truth. their own people are becoming skeptical about these networks. what they are doing is an insult to human intellect.

Im not so sure this war will be over as predicted. This war has triggered off nationalism that has never been there before and that is fighting for your land and resources. The Arabs see this now as anew form of imperialism reminiscent of the last centuries where we used to have governors having asay in the policies that govern the country. Having spent all this billions chances are that the Iraqis wont have any power within their own country. So I really think this would turn out to be another Beirut and this time on a much more bigger scale. I also see the waves of anger rising by the day in the Arab world.