Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

What can i wear!?

Ibtisam   

Hi everyone,

I have my graduation to go to and I am clueless as what to wear redface.gif :mad: for those of you that have been to one, advise, and if you have not been to one then, still what is your opinion.

Only condition: London is cold and i am taking my Coat regardless, and tights, Thermal underwear (lol) just kidding, not that cold, but you get the picture.

Thanks in advance people

Ibtisam   

^^Who cares what you think you old fart, Pluz that was not an option. Suggest an alternative, or get the hell out of here :D

Shakti   

ibtisam 1st congratulation on ur graduation as 4 what to wear.. it all depends on ur style. 2 start with, do describe ur style to assist u better

Ibtisam   

SB: your skin is not a valid option, as I don't have the choice of not wearing it!

Dev: thanks :

Style you say, I a smart dresser most for the time because of work, but i hate suits. hhm.. I like bright colours, but overall i never wear more than three colours a time. I love shoes and bags (half of your outfit) Currently i'm in love with Dark brown, or goldish yellow. hhm what else. I have no restriction to the design, i hate flower tops, i like stylish cuts.

I hate skinny trousseaus.

lool thats it. :D

Shakti   

Check out these little #’s. I highly recommend that u wear a dress for such occasion.

_5246062.jpg

_5254535.jpg

_5275535.jpg

_5235557.jpg

_5210203.jpg

_5287130.jpg

_5295669.jpg

_5220378.jpg

Did any one say i need help with fashion ..?? well ibtisam:

I recommend brown and gold as top.. however, make sure if the skirt is simply designed go with goldish top with strases ...

congratulation on ur graduation sis

Naden   

The third from the top is absolutely gorgeous. Don't forget, it doesn't need any neckwear. Stilleto heals are an absolute must.

^^ Yes, whatever you do, wear decent stiletto heals, and make sure whatever dress/skirt you are wearing its not longer then your gown. If its a black gown, like the one I wore, make you you stay away from wearing all black outfit.(You don't want to come out as thought u are on the darkside for your pictures)

Make you you don't put on too much jewellery. Remember this a uni graduation, not highschool, meaning elegant make-up, don't over do on the makeup area. Classy look, classy make up is what you are aiming for, not trash, or cheap.

Whatever you do, make sure your family takes extra batteries for the camera, and atleast 2, incase something funky happens to the first one.

On my graduation, my sister's camera fell and broke but we had the Camcorder 2, so they used that to take pictures and video, that Camcorder saved us.

Make sure whoever is taking your pictures from the family/friends side that they are brave, and can come and take a closer pictures of you while your hard earned degree is being handed to you, you need a very quick person who can do it snap snap time, you need brave pple with a much better close-up picture quality, and aggresive, because it will be crowded as hell. What you don't need is folks taking pictures from 10, 15, 20 rows behind, its going to come out looking awful.

I guess thats all the advise I have for you, hope everything goes smooth, I was nervous as hell, but afterwards, its all worth it, and congratulations.

Aaliyyah   

ibti initially congratulations sita macmac. can i know what u graduated from? high school? college? university? etc. and second whateva that u graduated from, i hope that u get to next level and compelete it as successful. as for the dress perhaps a dress like the da last dress Devilangle posted would do and if u take it a shawl. red iz my color luv it..and any bright color would...would neva advice u to wear black or brown drezz ....bt den depends on yr style. Dress beautifully , just dont go too far with it. lol i been to a wedding last saturday and man some of da girls there walahi u would just think dey were dere to hunt for aman, bt den again dey might be , puting themselvez out there (like oh look at what i got lol). May allah show us all the right path!!

wa salaamu alaikum

Ms DD   

SA-aba-59_prod.jpg

tn500x400-jamavar_gown_detail.jpg

tn500x400-ocean-blue_dress_detail.jpg

SA-tunic-07_prod.jpg

with a little hijab and trousers/skirt.

Just dont wear the above dresses. They are evening dresses..it is not appropriate for a graduation. In fact not appropriate for a muslimah at all.

Aaliyyah   

Cambaro masha-allah those look great.But, we usually have to do with what we can find. Masha--allah perhapz ibti can choose one of those you showed above.

wa salaam