Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

ONLF reprisals against Puntland arrive in the form of Poetry

Qudhac   

Mr AT&T

The actions of few must not be taken to blame the good people of Puntland.

its not very nice thing to be a hypcrite, you have just stereotypes a whole section of society with the gabay that you posted which is tribal slander aimed not at puntland authority but rather a tribe.

TOLKA have you ask yourself this, why is it that when somalis strugle to win somali galbeed its freedom was at its strongest few decades ago and the current so called ONLF strugle have nothing in common how come when people talk about ONLF these days its in tribal light and nothing to do with the somalinimo you preach

somalis feel the ONLF are not nationals movement that represent all those somalis that live in somali galbeed under ethopian occupation, but rather tribal organisation that excludes everyone else that that live in somali Galbeed that are not of particuler clan and even target those somalis.

is it suprise then that with ONLF it always boils down to clan politics and they practice what you accuse others of.

there is nothing different here its tribal polics MASQUERADING as NATIONALISM

The Zack   

Maamulka Puntland Oo Itoobiya U Dhiibay Nin Ka Soo Jeeda Deegaanka Ogadeeniya.

Boosaaso(Jidbaale.com):-Shir ka dhacay 24.10.2009 madaxtooyada Puntland ee magaalada Boosaaso ayaa waxa gacanta loogu galiyey dawlada Itoobiya hal nin oo ka soo jeeda Soomaalida degta dhulka ********iya, iyada oo afar kale-na loo diiday ka dib markii ay Codsadeen saraakiil Diyaarad gaar ah wataday oo ka soo degtay magaalada Boosaaso in gacanta loo soo galiyo shanta nin oo dhawaan magaalada Boosaaso lagu qabtay.

Shirkan ka dhacay madaxtooyada Boosaaso ayaa waxa ka soo qayb galay sida aanu ka helay dad ku sugnaa madaxtooyada Madaxweynaha Puntland C/raxmaan Faroole, Madaxweyne ku xigeenka C/samad Cali Shire, Wasiirka Amniga C/laahi Siciid Samatar iyo saraakiil kale oo u badan dhinaca Itoobiyana waxaa ka socday saraakiil diyaarad gaar ah kaga so degay garoonka Boosaaso.

Sida aanu ka helay ilo wareedyo waxa ay sheegeen in markii ay codsadeen saraakiisha Itoobiyaanka ahi in shanta ninba loo soo gacan galiyo ay shir gaar ah galeen madaxda Puntland waxaana halkaas ka dhacay muran ka dib markii ay ogolaadeen C/raxmaan Faroole iyo C/samad Cali Shire in shanta ninba Gacanta loo galiyo Itoobiyaanka, waxaase Arrintaas Gaashaanka u daruuray C/laahi Siciid Samatar oo sheegay haddii la dhiibo raggan in shacabku kici doono, dood badan ka dib waxaa laysugu soo noqday shir kale isla maalintaas galinkii danbe, waxaana Itoobiyaanka loo sheegay in aan cid gacan hadda loo galin doonin.

Saraakiisha Itoobiya ayaa waxa ay ku adkaysteen in aanay sinaba uga tagi Karin nin ka mid ah shanta nin ee Puntland laga Codsaday, taas oo uu soo jeediyeen C/raxmaan Faroole iyo C/samad Cali Shire in loo dhiibo ninkaas Itoobiyaanka, waxayna isla maalintii galinkii danbe kala duuleen magaalada Boosaaso iyaga oo diyaaradii gaarka ahayd ku qaatay.

Hore ayey arrintani uga dhacday magaalada Gaalkacayo maalmo ka hor markii saraakiil ku sugnaa Puntland oo Itoobiyaan ahi magaalada Gaalkacayo ka kaxaysteen dad ka soo jeeda deegaanka ********iya,

Muse Cabdi Cali

Boosaaso Puntland

Jidbaale.com

Abtigiis   

Xinnfanin,

May you please volunteer to tell us why the genuine grievences of the community who is losing its children is a 'Strategy of sort?' and to what effect and end is it 'contrived'?

Secondly, may you tell me why you think Faroole doesn't control the PIS. This hogwash about the adminstration not being involved, is what the Axmaaro say "don't tell the unseemly to your wife".

For your information, there is an active consulatations going on in several fora's and you will see the outcome and the strategy which will not be limited to 'wailing' in the not-so-distant future. This is not to suggest it will be a declaration of war. But it will be much more organised and focused than the To'laayey that is going on among the Tolka in the last couple of weeks.

Qudhac,

The quote summaries my genuine feeling toward this issue. I didnot compose the poem and hence it is unfair to say it is my feeling. I, however, posted it because (1) it shows the feeling at the grass roots level (2) its literary pedigree is quite high. Lest that may lead the uninitiated to denounce a certain tribe, I have added the nuances. Didn't I?

On a related issue, the difference in the reaction from my community and myself to the arrests made by Puntland and Somaliland authorities is palpable and justified. While the Puntand administration denounce it in public ( although I know this is hypocracy of the highest level) and their elders and intellectuals express their outrage, the Somalilanders offer filmsy excuses, and stand behind miasmic debate of national secuity, as if there is a nation there in the first place. It is an appendex of Ethiopia and what little autonomy it had, it is gradually surrendering to Ethiopia by way of market invasions. Little wonder the whole Education system is taken over and Ethiopian security agents drink BEER in the offices of the highest authorities. I am only waiting for the first brothery/sisterly ETHIO-SLAND big wedding to be televised sometime soon!!

Waxse dhaygag aadmiga ku riday, taad ku dhaqantaane

Haddaad idinku dhabarka u goddaan, dhigasho xaalkeeda

Dhawaaquna masayr kaa yahood, dhalfada weyn dooni

Dhankaa kama naqaanee ugee, kii kubaray dheesha

:D:D:D

Qudhac   

A&T

you have not answered my question how come the ONLF claim to be fighting for SOMALI GALBEED and yet they are tribal organisation and exluded other somalis from this freedom fighting processed even atack them, is it because as most somalis feel they are just tribal faction who do not even speak for the whole tribe they claim to represent let alone somali galbeed, the topic was not somaliland so please stick to topic

Abtigiis   

Qudhac,

I have covered this debate at length in the past. I will repeat for your benefit.

1- You are saying they are tribal organisation. They didn't say they don't accpet any members from other clans. And there are limited number of non-Oga.den clan members who are fighting alongside ONLF. But that is beside the issue. Let us say that their name also is a clan name, they are seen as a tribal organisation. Here, I agree with you and there is lots of intenal debate going on right now to ensure inclusive name is taken, if at all for symbolic purposes.

Symbolic because I and many others are convinced that the name issue is being used as a scape goat by other clans not to join the libeartion struggle. One evidence is that the other organisation fighting in the region, UWSLF, has the Somaligalbeed name, yet 100% of the fighters are still from the O-clan. I also say symbolic because name change will not make a man in Gashamo (who takes orders from Hargeisa) or in Geladi (who takes orders from Galkacyo) to suddenly realise he needs to go and join the libeartion struggle. The issue goes beyond what you are suggesting, and it is unfortunate but also true, that somali nationalism has been on the wane since 1977 and have given way to tribal activism. In that light, the blame goes to all.

2- Once we deal with the fact that name change is not a big issue and will have little tangibile effect on the situation in the ground, let us look at the issue from the Og clan perspective. What is wrong with fighting against Axmaaro even if the rest of Somali's don't see it right? What is wrong with wanting to be Og-land as opposed to be called Ethiopia? Does the fact that, let us say, ONLF made a mkistake in sticking to what is rightly a historical name (which I think is no more relevant and should be changed) make it right for other clans to take advantage of it and take part in the oppression of their kins?

3- The real issue is that the OG- are the biggest stakeholder in the Somaligalbeed region and hence feel they should do something about it. No one has bled more than them for this land and for upholding the culture and identity of the somali people in this region. The region is composed of nine zones, six of which are predominantely Og.aden clan land, save for peripherial extensions of clans whose bulk of interst is in Puntland and Somaliland. The rest, Shinile (Is.sa- takes orders from Djibouti), Liban zone is mired in conflict with Oromiya (although they are now joining ONLF), and Jigjiga is largely sympatethic to the cause.

4- As far as whether the ONLF represents the Og clan is concerned, I will say given that you are not from the community, that will be tantamount to me asserting that Somaliland is not an I.S.A.Q land. I mean, you know, I am lying there!!!